Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Oolite test release 1.74.1

Discussion and announcements regarding the Mac port… er, original version of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Oolite test release 1.74.1

Post by JensAyton »

Oolite test release 1.74.1 is now available from GURPO. This is a bug-fix update to 1.74. The updater can be applied to 1.65 and the test release series starting from 1.73 (specifically, versions 1.65, 1.73 mislabelled as 1.72.2.1, 1.73, 1.73.0.1, 1.73.1, 1.73.2, 1.73.3, 1.73.4 and 1.74).

Changes between Oolite 1.74 and Oolite 1.74.1:
  • Scripts can once again award and check for trumbles, and the standard trumble mission once again works. (Limitation: scripts cannot increase the number of trumbles by awarding more. This will be fixed in 1.75.)
  • The nova mission once again awards the appropriate reward on a successful outcome.
  • No more “Witchspace engine malfunction” message when entering a post-nova system.
  • When docked at a secondary station, the default selection on the game menu screen is “Game Options” rather than “Begin New Game”.
  • Fixed annoying audio latency when playing first sound under Mac OS X.
  • Fixed several JavaScript interface bugs that could cause a faulty script to halt without any error message.
  • Adjusted graphics settings: shader mode is now restricted to Simple for Intel GMA 950 and ATI Radeon R300 GPU families, and some other tweaks.
  • Fixed a material synthesis bug where illumination_modulate_color was ignored when using emission_and_illumination_map in shader mode (material test suite test case 7).
  • Possible fix for random freezes when using speech synthesis in Windows.
  • Various minor bug fixes and tweaks.
New JavaScript methods:
  • vector3D.fromCoordinateSystem()
  • vector3D.toCoordinateSystem()
Last edited by JensAyton on Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

I just visited the Gurpo link above and also found the Windows v1.74.1 there, uploaded last night. No announcement on Oolite-PC though?
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

It was actually uploaded about ten minutes ago. Dunno where BerliOS is getting its dates from.
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Ahruman wrote:
It was actually uploaded about ten minutes ago. Dunno where BerliOS is getting its dates from.
Weird! On BeliOS the date and time of upload is showing as 23:00 on 26/6/2010. :D
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
Getafix
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: A small ice asteroid, orbiting Oresrati in Galaxy 8 (a.k.a. northwest Armorica).

Post by Getafix »

Same for Linux release. :?
Just uploaded it some 15mins ago, though.
"Any sufficiently advanced information is indistinguishable from noise." [Newman, Lachmann, Moore]
Wiggy
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Wiggy »

I just downloaded the updater, and when it launched, I got a message that DropScriptUpdater needs Rosetta to run.

By the way, is it my imagination, or is everything darker in 1.74...?
You came in that? You're braver than I thought!
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Wiggy wrote:
I just downloaded the updater, and when it launched, I got a message that DropScriptUpdater needs Rosetta to run.
Thanks, this will be fixed in the next release.
Wiggy wrote:
By the way, is it my imagination, or is everything darker in 1.74...?
I suspect it’s your imagination. Unless you’re always on the shady side of a planet. :-)