Possible clash between Hacker Outpost and Random Hits

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Possible clash between Hacker Outpost and Random Hits

Post by JazHaz »

From Sid, on Usenet alt.fan.elite:
Sid wrote:
I've noticed a bug with the hackler outpost OXP, seems to clash with the Galminer ship that hangs around the bars (the Random Hits OXP). The galminer is showing up as the Hacker outpost beacon, if you blow it up, no more H on the compass, no hacker outpost. I can't find it at all if leave the galminer alone either. The strange thing is, it seemed to work fine ONCE, and since then it never shows up, the hacker vipers still appear and tell me to follow the H to find the outpost, but the outpost is never there.

Very annoying, i'm stuck now on fugitive, the point of the anarchies OXP was the make dropping from fugitive harder, but give you a way around it via the hacker outpost. I've used that once, then the second time my fugitive status seemed to drop by itself, and now it won't drop and I can't find the outpost.
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Sid wrote:
I've noticed a bug with the hackler outpost OXP, seems to clash with the Galminer ship that hangs around the bars (the Random Hits OXP). The galminer is showing up as the Hacker outpost beacon, if you blow it up, no more H on the compass, no hacker outpost. I can't find it at all if leave the galminer alone either. The strange thing is, it seemed to work fine ONCE, and since then it never shows up, the hacker vipers still appear and tell me to follow the H to find the outpost, but the outpost is never there.
The "H" being used on the random hits Hopper is not a bug, but intentional. However, it was mainly there for debugging reasons and is not present in the current 1.4 release of RH.

The henchmen are always added in pairs on the same spot. One on the witchpoint-planet route, the other on the witchpoint-sun route. The space bars are on different locations for each system, but is could be that in some systems the bar is at the same location as the henchman. In that case the bar will eliminate the fugitive henchman.
In that case, look in an other system, or look for the other henchman on the sun route.