Your Ad Here strangeness

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

maik
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia (mainly industrial, feudal, TL12)

Your Ad Here strangeness

Post by maik »

I've seen single ad signs floating in mid space along the space lane, i.e. not just at the witch jump point or opposite the station entrance. Is this by design? I also saw a miner/trader shoot one just the same way that he was shooting asteroids...
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

I think these are Asteroid Billboards. If you have a close look you'll find it's cracked and has an 'Out of Order' notice. :)
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Re: Your Ad Here strangeness

Post by Eric Walch »

maik wrote:
I've seen single ad signs floating in mid space along the space lane, i.e. not just at the witch jump point or opposite the station entrance. Is this by design? I also saw a miner/trader shoot one just the same way that he was shooting asteroids...
That is programmed that way that there are sometimes clusters of asteroids added with a sign in between. I just don' know why the sign was defined as: CLASS_ROCK. CLASS_CARGO would have prevented miners attacking it. (elsewhere is was already defines as not scoopable so CLASS_CARGO would be no problem)
maik
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia (mainly industrial, feudal, TL12)

Post by maik »

Smivs wrote:
I think these are Asteroid Billboards. If you have a close look you'll find it's cracked and has an 'Out of Order' notice. :)
Must be the galactic version of the neon boneyard then:

:)