Pioneer One

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

Cmdr James
Commodore
Commodore

Pioneer One

Post by Cmdr James »

I dont remember hearing Pioneer one (http://vodo.net/pioneerone) discussed here. There is a pilot available now, and the next episodes are due in autumn.

I would think it would appeal to a lot of the members here, has anyone else watched the pilot, and did you enjoy it as much as I did?

Its a free to view sci-fi show being distributed by BitTorrent. They are asking for donations towards the next episodes, and they raised enough for the next three episodes in under 2 weeks.

I dont have any connection with the project other than enjoying it :)
Poro
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Poro »

I'm going to watch it soon, but for those who would rather view through YouTube, here is the link.

Do however go to the link provided by Cmdr James if you wish to donate something toward the project.

EDIT (Don't worry, no spoilers): I've now watched the first episode, and it's... alright. The characters were set out and expanded upon in a way that lets you know who is who and what general demeanour they have: without it becoming too obvious that this is basically exposition. Having said that, some of the lines they have to deliver (particularly the President) were a bit too cliched for me. Generally the pacing and cinematography were very good - I had to remind myself that this was not a big-budget series. Oh and they did well with the cliffhanger at the end.