Thank you and well done!

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

myst.RAVEN
Dangerous
Dangerous

Thank you and well done!

Post by myst.RAVEN »

This isn't a suggestion, but I put it here because I expect this is where the devs look most often :)

The original Elite was formative in my early gaming days, and stands out as possibly the most influential and significant game I ever played. I was overcome by nostalgia for it a couple of days ago (brought on by a Freelancer mod which pays homage to Elite with a sector inspired by it), and found Oolite. I can't tell you how much this made my day!

So, in short - thanks to everyone who has worked to make this, and I look forward to exploring the expansions and what-not :)

Best regards
Commander MultiplePersonalityDisorder: Flying around various galactic sectors, in a variety of ships, with a variety of lifestyles and professions...

Full throttle and fuel injectors - now THAT's the way to park!
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Moved to Discussion. Welcome and don't worry, we look at all forums ;-)
myst.RAVEN
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by myst.RAVEN »

Apparently so - that was quick!
I'm blown away by how active this forum is - it warms my heart that there are so many fans of a timeless classic :)
Commander MultiplePersonalityDisorder: Flying around various galactic sectors, in a variety of ships, with a variety of lifestyles and professions...

DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Welcome myst.RAVEN, as you will notice, that although we're mostly Central European Time/GMT there's almost always somebody on the forum - I've been here for almost 4yrs and 4000+ posts and it still amazes me how quickly some stuff gets answered.

Oolite is the best community forum I ever had the pleasure of being involved with.

Oh, and as is traditional: "Welcome to the friendliest board this side of Riedquat"(tm)
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
myst.RAVEN
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by myst.RAVEN »

Thanks for the welcome (to you and everyone else who has already proven the traditional greeting true!)

Here in South Africa, we're at GMT+2, so I guess I'm lucky enough to be in the busy times :)

Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
Welcome myst.RAVEN, as you will notice, that although we're mostly Central European Time/GMT there's almost always somebody on the forum - I've been here for almost 4yrs and 4000+ posts and it still amazes me how quickly some stuff gets answered.

Oolite is the best community forum I ever had the pleasure of being involved with.
Seconded, and again, welcome.
It's true that answers can come pretty quickly, and I think this is for three reasons.
1) As DaddyHoggy said, this is by far the friendliest forum around, and you'll always find good advice and help here.
2) Also although most members seem to be European-ish, we have members as far afield as Australia (which makes you quite local!), and as we seem to cover most time-zones there's usually someone on the forum at any given time.
3) And if that's not enough, half of us seem to be insomniacs! It's only a few days ago I was swapping messages well after midnight with an Oolite friend, JazHaz, who like me lives here in the UK :D
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.