The Nuit Station

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

tonyhippy
Dangerous
Dangerous

The Nuit Station

Post by tonyhippy »

I added these to my game yesterday.
Firstly, great idea and a beautiful object! Couple of things, though. Firstly it's pretty hard to dock with, probably due to the very short distance between the docking slot and the overhanging revolving section. I did it about my eighth go in my Dragon, having previously totally failed in a less zippy ship. And I can easily dock in a spinning Coriolis at top speed, so it's not my piloting!
Second, and more curious: At the last system we ended up with no less than three of them! It seems that every time I docked with a station and then left, another one spawned. It looked pretty cool with three of them dangling there, but I don't think that was supposed to happen!!!
Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Killer Wolf »

cheers for the comments :-)

a level approach angle is key to docking, to make sure you avoid the upper ring.
as for the three, there's a simple script to populate one in the system upon launch - this was because the OXP is not a proper OXP. i built it ages ago and was gonna bin it but was convinced to sharderise it and release it in case anyone wanted to use it. the script could be amended to produce only one station and position it properly, but you'd need a js bod to sort that out cos i dunno how to write that stuff :-/