Game Over on Launch and player ship problem 1.74

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

dalek501
Deadly
Deadly

Game Over on Launch and player ship problem 1.74

Post by dalek501 »

Hi,

I have a problem with 1.74. I have a separate install to 1.73.4 and have copied over all the add-ons I had previously (updating to 1.74 versions where I have found new versions). Not sure if this matters.

Firstly I die upon launch every single attempt. I do not see a 'proper' tunnel, only a small section in one corner of the screen. The view then switches to rear and I die?!

I also cannot seem to get my unique player ship working. I have copied over the files from 1.73 exactly as I had them before but the ship will not show at start up as it did. Strangely it did show once, but because I died on launch and had to restart, when I did it had reverted back to the Cobra III again.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Probably there is a bad station OXP in the mix. I would start by taking half of the OXPs out and seeing if this happens again. If yes, take another half of what is left, if not, switch to the OXPs you removed etc. etc., until you find which is the one causing the problem.

Posting the log could help also.. Alternatively, you can check that all is OK by removing all OXPs and trying to launch.
dalek501
Deadly
Deadly

Post by dalek501 »

Thanks AC. It was the "Orbits" oxp that was causing the instant death problem.

I still cant get my unique Cobra to appear though. Like I said it did appear once so I have no idea why it wont again now.

My save file references the oxp, and when I took out the unique cobra Oxp it told me it wasn't loaded. So something is working correctly somewhere. It just isn't showing the ship.

Its a modified version of Griff's Cobra III and I wonder if something in his latest revisions is causing it?
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

We'll see if we can fix Oolite so it doesn't die with orbits.oxp!

Thanks about the report, it looks like we need some more work to get Oolite where we want it to be! :)
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

On my first launch with 1.74 I also died immediately. Strangely though on my second launch I didn't. Have only launched twice in my one try with the new version. I also have Orbits installed.

So I guess will have to remove Orbits and use FarSun instead. Kaks, does FarSun work with 1.74?

EDIT: thats if I can actually get hold of FarSun 1.05. Still having a problem with Box.Net. Kaks, do you have an alternative download location for your OXPs?
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

Farsun 1.05 should work OK with 1.74. I've just uploaded a copy to mediafire:

http://www.mediafire.com/?trtzyyatnzz

let's hope you won't have the same problems with mediafire too...
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
Scowpilot
Average
Average

Post by Scowpilot »

I had this as well. Didn't twig first time but I was apparently at very low altitude.

EDIT: Also, I'm seeing HUGE planets. Jumped into Ensoreus system and actually saw a smaller 'Earth-like' planet in front of another, massive 'Earth-like' planet...but couldn't find the main station anywhere. No Nav marker, nothing.
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Scowpilot wrote:
EDIT: Also, I'm seeing HUGE planets. Jumped into Ensoreus system and actually saw a smaller 'Earth-like' planet in front of another, massive 'Earth-like' planet...but couldn't find the main station anywhere. No Nav marker, nothing.
Sounds like a problem I was having with the System Redux OXP installed. Is this screenshot the same?

This was taken at the Witchpoint, and looks like a planet in front of a huge one, but is in fact a double image. Removing System Redux stops the problem.

Click on the image to display in Flickr.
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
Cheers,
Drew.
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

JazHaz wrote:
This was taken at the Witchpoint, and looks like a planet in front of a huge one, but is in fact a double image. Removing System Redux stops the problem.
I don't think that "System Redux" is to blame. It adds some very big planets, but far away. The problem is orbits. It was yelling deprecation messages to the log for at almost a year now. When the deprecation starts to become effective in 1.74 and is not updated since, you know it is not working correct anymore.
Scowpilot
Average
Average

Post by Scowpilot »

JazHaz: Very similar. I'll hook the oxps you and Eric Walch mention and see what happens with which oxp gone (I think I have both installed...).
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Eric Walch wrote:
JazHaz wrote:
I don't think that "System Redux" is to blame. It adds some very big planets, but far away. The problem is orbits. It was yelling deprecation messages to the log for at almost a year now. When the deprecation starts to become effective in 1.74 and is not updated since, you know it is not working correct anymore.
I think you're correct. Have tested some more, adding Orbits back in produces the double effect.
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
Cheers,
Drew.
Scowpilot
Average
Average

Post by Scowpilot »

JazHaz wrote:
Eric Walch wrote:
JazHaz wrote:
I think you're correct. Have tested some more, adding Orbits back in produces the double effect.
Just taken Orbits out. Low alt and massive/double planets issue was resolved.
Put Orbits back in and removed System Redux, and it was back to low alt and some real weirdness going on with the planet once I'd hyperspaced. It wasn't just a smaller planet overlaying a larger image; it was more like ever-decreasing circles (a bit like a top-down view of a fancy blancmange).
Either way, it looks like Orbits is to blame.[/img]
dalek501
Deadly
Deadly

Post by dalek501 »

Lol. I solved my player ship problem. I had shaders set to simple! :oops: Set to full and my ship reappeared.