OXP Updates for Oolite 1.74

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

OXP Updates for Oolite 1.74

Post by Thargoid »

Rather than resurrecting all the old threads (as there are quite a few now) when the update is just scripting rather than new stuff, I thought I'd just post here in one thread concerning the upgrades of my OXPs for 1.74.

New OXPs - all require v1.74:
Updated OXPs - all are now incompatible with 1.73.x and below: All can be downloaded from box.net as usual. If you have any of the pre-release beta versions installed, please remove them and update to the versions above.

Aside from those, my other OXPs (those not listed above or below) will work fine with 1.74 without any modification from their 1.73.x incarnations.

Armoury is a meta-oxp which includes, supercedes and replaces the following OXPs:
  • AMS
  • Captured Thargons
  • Drones
  • Missile Rack
  • Probe
These OXPs are generally not 1.74 compatible, and won't be updated in single form.

All of my OXPs are currently still available in their 1.73 legacy form, from my new box.net folder here.

Please report any bugs or problems with the new OXPs in this thread. I'll update the wiki once I am able to again.
[/color]
Last edited by Thargoid on Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:50 am, edited 5 times in total.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Zieman wrote:
Funny.
I had no probs whatsoever downloading from Box...

Only thing is that the Ring Racer d/l-link goes to Sign Up / Registration -page, not to the download.

Others work just fine.
Ringracer download link.

Let's try that one again, it had accidentally lost the trailing character out of the url...
:oops:
Zieman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zieman »

Okeydokey, got it.
Thanks! :)
...and keep it under lightspeed!

Friendliest Meteor Police that side of Riedquat

[EliteWiki] Far Arm ships
[EliteWiki] Z-ships
[EliteWiki] Baakili Far Trader
[EliteWiki] Tin of SPAM
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

I'm up and downloading fine with Firefox (on XP). No idea what the problem may be, have you got a misbehaving plugin or add-on perhaps?
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

RustiSwordz wrote:
Shouldnt do. Im on an unlimited service no restrictions.

Ive double checked my firewalls, nothing wrong.

Did a full cookie delete same again, Box isnt there and keeps coming back as broken.

This is annoying this means 2/3rds of the oxps i want to use i cant get hold of. Is there another hosting alternative?
Work is underway on OXP central, which will be as it's name suggests another option for places to store and download OXP from. However it's a project that's only just begun, and it currently paused as Dizzy seems to have fallen off the planet temporarily.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

One latecomer - Second Wave has now been updated to 1.30 (for Oolite 1.74 only) due to shader updates.

All work done by and credit to Eric - as my machine here is shaderless which rather precludes me from doing it (not that I understand them anyway).
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

And another two (because I forgot to upload them!) - Welcome Mat v1.10 and Traffic Control v1.10 now uploaded.

Both are still compatible with 1.72+, but the code is tweaked to use the equipment checking parameters compatible with 1.74 as well.
caracal
Deadly
Deadly

Post by caracal »

Thargoid, I have to say, you are an OXP Master! After last weekend's release I refreshed my OXP set, and was interested to note how many of yours I have loaded, and not only that, but use regularly. Nice to see Welcome Mat back!

Of course, I had to dink all their requires.plist files so they'd run with the nightlies. In case you don't already know, they all seem to run fine so far with the nightly builds.

Kudos and many thanks to you, O alien, for your exceptional efforts to extend an already great game and make it greater.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Why thank you 8)

I haven't checked 1.75 (or 1.74.1) compatibility yet - it's a little too early in the scheme of things plus I've still got a couple of smaller OXP updates to finish off for stuff I "assist with" (PF Russian and FP Liners). Hence why the required.plist is in there in the first place ;)

I have seen reports elsewhere of some problems with Target Autolock Plus and 1.75, but that is as yet unverified.
caracal
Deadly
Deadly

Post by caracal »

Thargoid wrote:
I haven't checked 1.75 (or 1.74.1) compatibility yet - it's a little too early in the scheme of things plus I've still got a couple of smaller OXP updates to finish off for stuff I "assist with" (PF Russian and FP Liners). Hence why the required.plist is in there in the first place ;)
Oh sure. And I don't plan to report any "bugs" unless and until you declare any given one compatible with 1.75+. But I use the nightly build, and I like your OXPs, hence the fiddling.
Thargoid wrote:
I have seen reports elsewhere of some problems with Target Autolock Plus and 1.75, but that is as yet unverified.
Yeah, I saw those reports. I just used it, um, several times in the past hour, and it worked a treat every time. :twisted:

One comment about TAP: I like the IFF scanner target indication, but several times since I've installed it, I see a blue blip and I think, oh crap, missile on my tail! I may try dinking the script so it uses yellow/gray instead of cyan/grey, see how I like that. Even farther off the beam, when you're locked on a hostile, their blip is no longer red. Not usually a problem, though, since you usually know when you've locked (or auto-locked) on a hostile. At least you should know, if you're a fan of oxygen. ;) Both of those effects will probably wane as I get used to the new behavior. Overall, me likee!
Poro
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Poro »

Awesome work Thargoid.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

caracal wrote:
One comment about TAP: I like the IFF scanner target indication, but several times since I've installed it, I see a blue blip and I think, oh crap, missile on my tail! I may try dinking the script so it uses yellow/gray instead of cyan/grey, see how I like that. Even farther off the beam, when you're locked on a hostile, their blip is no longer red. Not usually a problem, though, since you usually know when you've locked (or auto-locked) on a hostile. At least you should know, if you're a fan of oxygen. ;) Both of those effects will probably wane as I get used to the new behavior. Overall, me likee!
Lines 57, 71 and 72 in the script are where the colouration is done. Just replace cyanColor and grayColor with the colours of your choice (but ensure you make line 57 and 71-72 agree with each other). So in your example above change cyanColor to yellowColor in lines 57 and 71.

I did ponder the hostile question, but that was getting very complicated as you'd have to monitor things to find out when the target changed from hostile to neutral and back again (as sometimes happens) and it would just get very messy.
caracal
Deadly
Deadly

Post by caracal »

Thargoid wrote:
Lines 57, 71 and 72 in the script are where the colouration is done. Just replace cyanColor and grayColor with the colours of your choice (but ensure you make line 57 and 71-72 agree with each other). So in your example above change cyanColor to yellowColor in lines 57 and 71.
Yep, thanks. Way ahead of you. :) My main problem is the way I look at the scanner: I flash on it so quickly that blinking pips often register as one or the other color, but not "both". So in the past I've mistaken buoys for ships, and for stations, mistaken thargoids for regular hostiles, etc. Those mistaken impressions don't usually last long, especially if they clash with my existing awareness of the situation. Then, I'll actually look long and hard at the scanner, and that clears it up.

Missiles are a special case of that: Because they move so fast, and you really need to react to them right frakkin now, I was just flinching at the cyan dots that the locked targets became for a fraction of a second. I tried using blue/gray, which is pretty and cannot be mistaken for a ship, but then I started to lose the sense that locked targets still are ships. So now I'm trying yellow/gray, like I said I would initially. I think it's the best so far.
Thargoid wrote:
I did ponder the hostile question, but that was getting very complicated as you'd have to monitor things to find out when the target changed from hostile to neutral and back again (as sometimes happens) and it would just get very messy.
Understood. As I said, once you've locked onto a hostile, you sorta don't forget that he's hostile. :lol: