Dual Core CPU 100% - Trunk

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

NorthenderPNE
Deadly
Deadly

Dual Core CPU 100% - Trunk

Post by NorthenderPNE »

Since the last couple of Trunks i've noticed it's become unplayable. It stutters like a bitch! When engaging a ship it's almost impossible to shoot.

I removed all the addons and it's still the same as if using the addons. Even the intro demo ships has both cores at 100% at times. :(

Running the latest Trunk 3384 but it has done this for the last 2 Trunks at least. I'm fully aware that the Trunks have their side effects but thought i'd point this out. I've closed non essential background programs but this wasn't a problem with previous Trunks, only the last 2 or 3 are a problem for me.

All drivers etc are up to date. :wink:
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Check if thread optimizations are on in the nVidia panel and see what happens if you disable them.

Edit: For reference, I have 54% on latest trunk here, with a bunch of apps loaded and McAfee running a scan in the backgound.
NorthenderPNE
Deadly
Deadly

Post by NorthenderPNE »

With threaded optimization on, the game runs between 75% lowest recorded to 100% highest recorded. Idle desktop is at 15% - 30% with antivirus/firewall and utorrent. Utorrent wasn't running when first post was written.

With threaded optimization off, the game runs between 39% lowest recorded to 71% highest recorded. That's even with various software and all addons running. Thankyou so much another_commander. :D

With love and affection.......cough! :wink: