Big Ships OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Big Ships OXP

Post by JazHaz »

Have been playing about with some big docking station OXPs, such as the Super Hub, and had a thought that it would be cool if big ships like the Bulk Traders etc could use these stations.

Can the Big Ships OXP be updated to 1) test if the Super Hub etc is installed, 2) look to see if one is in the system, and 3) make the big ships dock there?
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
ADCK
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ADCK »

It could be done I think, however theres the problem of the Really-Supermassively-Big-Ships that are bigger than the SuperHub, I can only think of one or two though. And it would look weird having BigShips dock in my opinion. As they would suddenly dissapear when docked.
Would be better if the BigShips launched shuttlecraft that docked with a normal station, but thats more to do with the individual OXP's than bigships.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

That goes against the idea of what bigShips was designed for (to deal with large ships heading to the main station).

If people want to write larger dockable objects and then have specific ships to also dock with them, they're better rolled up into the larger dockable objects OXP. It's not difficult to take a ship spawned by bigShips and subvert it for use in this way by an AI swap (something similar is done in Gates and Fuel Station to have NPC users for those).