Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

Frame
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Frame »

JazHaz wrote:
DaddyHoggy wrote:
EasyJet which is only ever slightly more expensive in my experience are so much better than RyanAir (on the two occasions where my previous employer made me use RyanAir neither time was a happy experience)
I dunno, feel uneasy about EasyJet ever since they employed a friend as a pilot! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Well here in Denmark, Ryan Air wanted to cut the WCs down to 1, and make it cost money to goto the loo. and that was for domestic flights only.

benefit: solely for the company, because then they could book 4-5 more passengers pr flight,

claimed benefit for the passenger (your ticket gets cheaper).. however i doubt they will reduce the prices..

Next thing we know they realise that they can book an extra 30 passengers, because on average 30 people are standing it line, to goto the loo.

I would rather pay a little extra and know that the company did'nt think in cost effectiveness only...

There is to many air lines anyway.. and had it not been for various governments, many would have been gone by now... and the competition would have been normalized.

right know, you wonder if they cut down on safety procedures, in order to make the cheapest price imaginable..
Bounty Scanner
Number 935
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

another_commander wrote:
Ehm, what was the subject of the thread again?
Staying on-topic in Outworld strikes me as contrary to the point. :-)
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

"Waiter, there's volcanic ash in my soup."
"I know, it's a no-fly zone."

>bdum-ching!<
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Yesterday there was a report in the German news that the losses to airlines amount to something in the neighbourhood of 1 or 1.5 billion euros and that EU governments are thinking about (surprise, surprise!) subsidies to compensate them. So in the end the taxpayers would pay the bill.

Oh, it was also mentioned that after 9/11, when in the US air travel stood still for a much shorter period, the US government handed 5 billion USD over to the airlines! (Which at least means that they couldn't very well complain if the EU governments did the same now.)
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Disembodied wrote:

>bdum-ching!<
Groan! :evil:
Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Killer Wolf »

Commander McLane wrote:
(1) the whole thing can only take place at night, (2) you have to be back by morning, and (3) the passenger must be naked
this is my excuse for fun when i get my all-girl crew of minxes (if it ever gets OXP'd). tell em we're going into witchspace so they need to take their clothes off.
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

Disembodied wrote:

>bdum-ching!<
Groan! :lol: :D
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
Chrisfs
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Chrisfs »

How to pronounce the darn volcano to begin with

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEEXY6HrQ6Y
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

I know of a guy on another site who's taken to calling it Eye o' Falafel, as it's easier to remember/type... :lol: :lol:
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied