Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

PhantorGorth
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by PhantorGorth »

JazHaz wrote:
JazHaz wrote:
It's horrible when I go to my parents and they only have four channels (they live in a rural location and can't get channel Five), although they recently got broadband so with iPlayer etc its not as bad as it was.
They also can't get Freeview. Obviously satellite is available, but they "don't want an unsightly dish" on their lovely cottage!
As daft as it sounds it is possible to put the dish inside a building:
http://www.selkirkshire.demon.co.uk/ana ... wdish.html
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

PhantorGorth wrote:
JazHaz wrote:
They also can't get Freeview. Obviously satellite is available, but they "don't want an unsightly dish" on their lovely cottage!
As daft as it sounds it is possible to put the dish inside a building:
http://www.selkirkshire.demon.co.uk/ana ... wdish.html
Hmmm, think I've heard that it is possible to have a dish inside the roof space, under the roof tiles...?
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
allikat
Deadly
Deadly

Post by allikat »

JazHaz wrote:
Hmmm, think I've heard that it is possible to have a dish inside the roof space, under the roof tiles...?
Depends on the roof in question. If the tiles have a low metals content, then it can work, depending on the position of your house. Obviously your house would need a good open location with direct line of sight to the satellites for the signal to be clear enough even with the roof in the way. Obviously since the satellites orbit just south of England, then the more southerly your house, the more likely you can mount it under the roof.
You may need a larger dish in the attic than you would outside, but it should work.
This thread on the AV forums implies you'd need to use microwave transparent tiles over the dish.
Commander Monty, a Python Class Cruiser driver :D
Iron assed bulk haulers for the win!

Of the two trumbles which escaped today from Lave station, only 473 have been located....