Weird docking computer bug

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Weird docking computer bug

Post by JazHaz »

Was docking with a Sentinal station using docking computers, when I got jumped by an Imperial Courier and a few other pirates.

Thought I could make the docking, but they shot me up and damaged the docking computer.

I then found that I couldn't disable the docking computer and go after them. The docking sequence carried on, even though the docking computer was damaged.

I just had to sit there taking lots of damage. Eventually it managed to dock me, but I couldn't stop the docking sequence at all!

Weird! If anything if the docking computer gets damaged, surely the sequence should stop?
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Weird docking computer bug

Post by Commander McLane »

JazHaz wrote:
Weird! If anything if the docking computer gets damaged, surely the sequence should stop?
I guess that depends on the kind of damage done. If just the on/off-circuits are hit, you wouldn't be able to turn it off ever again. :wink:

But yes, I would consider this a bug and propose that in case of a damage to the docking computer the current docking process should be aborted.
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

What else was weird about this, is that I couldn't use my escape capsule. I tried to hit ESC several times but it didn't happen.

This might not be a bug in itself, but thought I would mention it.
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
Cheers,
Drew.
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

That's expected behaviour. If you're on docking computers you are not supposed to press any key, except the docking-computer-off key. You cannot accelerate or decelerate, you cannot pitch or roll, you cannot fire your lasers, you cannot launch a missile, you cannot cloak or decloak, you cannot activate your ECM, and you cannot launch your escape pod. That's exactly what being-on-auto-pilot is all about.

So the only bug you've come across is that the docking computer didn't auto de-activate when damaged, and the docking-computer-off key, which is the only one you are allowed to press during the docking sequence, didn't work anymore.
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Re: Weird docking computer bug

Post by Eric Walch »

JazHaz wrote:
Thought I could make the docking, but they shot me up and damaged the docking computer.

I then found that I couldn't disable the docking computer and go after them. The docking sequence carried on, even though the docking computer was damaged...
Fixed in revision 3068. The "c" key now also works for shutting off the docking computer when in auto-dock mode while the computer itself was destroyed. For some reason it only looked for the presence of the computer for being able to shut off.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Improved fixes applied in revisions 3070-3074. Docking computer now stops functioning if damaged during its operation. As a result of this bug report, we also have some further improvements in the autopilot side. More news about this to follow...
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

another_commander wrote:
As a result of this bug report, we also have some further improvements in the autopilot side. More news about this to follow...
Good! I'm so glad I made the bug report now, any improvement to the autopilot has to be good, as it is sooo bad right now! :shock: :D
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
Cheers,
Drew.