A few OXP problems

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

There seems to be some confusion between the Fuel Collector (OXP equipment) and the Fuel Scoops (built-in equipment).

Just to be clear (and repeat somewhat things already said):

• Fuel scoops - for getting fuel out of suns via sunskimming (and picking up free-floating cargo in-flight, but that's not what we're talking about here).
  • Fuel collector - for gathering fuel when flying in free space (away from suns or planets) and in interstellar space. Also for salvaging fuel from certain derelict ships.
Sunskimming with scoops involves flying into the corona until things get nice and warm, and does not need fuel collector. Heat shields do help though.

Gathering fuel in-flight with the collector just involves flying around, preferrably at high speed. You should get notification that it's happening, at roughly the rates already quoted above.

The fuel collector is supposed to de-activate close to suns and planets, due to their gravity effects. It's only supposed to work in open or interstellar space.
[/color]
Alex
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Alex »

Hello Commander L.
Welcome to the Ooniverse.

No such thing as too many questions, just too few answers.
No such thing as a silly question, just No answer.

I've had my fuel collector come on while in battle but never when close to planet, sun or moon.

Quite often it will activate leaving which/whitch/witch... Hyper space!
It also works while "turbos" are force injecting.

Quite often find after some fun with local hoodlums far away from big stuff like planets, that I end up with more fuel than I started with.
Whoo Hoo for fuel collectors.
Not To Be Relied Apon. Collectors have to be seen as active.

Oh.. And.. Well, The Ooniverse seems to be so huge it never gives the exact same results to any given situation.
Seems to depend on your ship build, your oxpers and the ratio of trumbles to your belly and your ship.
I'm sure you will find many ways to address the trumble ratio.
LOOK OUT!!!
OOPS..
"Press Space" Commander
If you do not see "Press Space" more often than you want.. Your not trying!