Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

Corny
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

German Oolite Fansite

Post by Corny »

Hi there,
althought I'm writing in English here (out of politeness), it's probably not of much interest for non-German speakers.
I just wanted to note that I'm working on a German Oolite Fansite at http://corni.lima-city.de/oolite. Originally, I wanted to send it via PM to the few German speakers I know at this forum, but I noticed in the thread for the German translation that we're quite a few :D
So, if you have any suggestions for it, please let me know.
The OXP-category is empty at the time as I write this. It's planned to categorize them into audio, textures, ships, HUDs, stations, missions and equipment.
Note that I have "unlimited" webspace and traffic, but can't host unlimited downloads there (except pictures).
By the way, a german Oolite forum would be unnecessary, wouldn't it?
Chrisfs
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Chrisfs »

Awesome!
or rather
Sehr Toll!

My German is sketchy but I applaud any attempt to widen the appeal of Oolite.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: German Oolite Fansite

Post by Commander McLane »

Corny wrote:
When Sung left these forums after an, errmmm..., non-pleasurable incident, he started a German forum, which (I think) existed only briefly before his project developed into another direction. I visited it once or twice, and, to be honest, I didn't have the feeling that it was worth the while.

A fan-site is a nice idea, I guess. Not sure whether I personally would visit it often, but go ahead. :D
Corny
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Corny »

Chrisfs wrote:
Awesome!
or rather
Sehr Toll!

My German is sketchy but I applaud any attempt to widen the appeal of Oolite.
:D Thanks!
Commander McLane wrote:
Corny wrote:
When Sung left these forums after an, errmmm..., non-pleasurable incident, he started a German forum, which (I think) existed only briefly before his project developed into another direction. I visited it once or twice, and, to be honest, I didn't have the feeling that it was worth the while.

The one of his own space trading game? Yeah, that's pretty empty...
Commander McLane wrote:
A fan-site is a nice idea, I guess. Not sure whether I personally would visit it often, but go ahead. :D
Well, I don't visit the english Oolite-site very often, either. :D It should rather serve as an introduction for new players.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Corny wrote:
Commander McLane wrote:
Corny wrote:

...and it wasn't more crowded when it still was labeled the German Oolite forum...
Corny wrote:
Commander McLane wrote:
Well, I don't visit the english Oolite-site very often, either. :D It should rather serve as an introduction for new players.
Good point. I also don't visit oolite.org, but here. :) So, as I said, go ahead.

BTW: It seems that the screenshot of the burning Coriolis on your site's top was made with simple shaders only. There are definitely a lot of effects missing.
Corny
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Corny »

Commander McLane wrote:
BTW: It seems that the screenshot of the burning Coriolis on your site's top was made with simple shaders only. There are definitely a lot of effects missing.
If you can provide a better one, just send it in - my GMA 950 can only do simple shaders. :?
Commander McLane wrote:
Corny wrote:
Commander McLane wrote:

...and it wasn't more crowded when it still was labeled the German Oolite forum...
Maybe because of the reputation he built up here? :D