Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Mil Lasers on Caduceus different

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Chrisfs
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Mil Lasers on Caduceus different

Post by Chrisfs »

Hi,

I noticed that mil lasers on a Caduceus look different than on a Cobra.
On a Caduceus, they look like a very large green plus sign, and it's hard to tell where the exact center is. Is this intended ?
Tivva
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Right behind you in a cloaked Thargoid Warship prototype

Post by Tivva »

tis because you are looking right down the centre line of the laser as opposed to the laser firing somewhere underneath your viewpoint on the caddy....
Parallax error...
Don't worry, your lasers will still kill- you just dont see a solid beam... :lol:
Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

As mentioned, the Caddy's lasers are boresighted, and green. They're not any more powerful, just more precise.

The laser placement works extremely well with MilHUD. Also, this patch is recommended to fix a nasty bug in the Caddy's unique feature.

EDIT: Something I left out of the patch readme, and I really should've included it.
If you use the patch files, you must remove the neocaduceus.oxp/Config/script.js file. Failure to do so will result in a conflict, which would cause unpredictable behavior of the DNC, if it works at all.

EDIT2: For those who can't figure out where the files go, the world-script files goes to Config, and place the Scripts folder in neocaduceus.oxp.
Running Oolite buttery smooth & rock stable w/ tons of eyecandy oxps on:
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
128GB NVMe M.2 SSD (Boot drive)
1TB Hybrid HDD (For software and games)
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
1080P Samsung large screen monitor
sdrubble
Deadly
Deadly

Re:

Post by sdrubble »

Cmdr Wyvern wrote:
Also, this patch is recommended to fix a nasty bug in the Caddy's unique feature.

EDIT: Something I left out of the patch readme, and I really should've included it.
If you use the patch files, you must remove the neocaduceus.oxp/Config/script.js file. Failure to do so will result in a conflict, which would cause unpredictable behavior of the DNC, if it works at all.

EDIT2: For those who can't figure out where the files go, the world-script files goes to Config, and place the Scripts folder in neocaduceus.oxp.
Hi Cmdr Wyvern !!!

Just stumbled into this post (while trying to figure out couple issues with the Caddy). But I suspect this patch of yours is now obsolete, judging by the file dates inside and comparing with the ones in the neocaduceus.oxp... would you be kind enough to confirm this pls ?

Cheers
Fatleaf
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Re: Mil Lasers on Caduceus different

Post by Fatleaf »

Yes, it has been updated since then. What issues are you having with it?
Find out about the early influences of Fatleaf here. Also his OXP's!
Holds the Ooniversal record for "Thread Necromancy"
sdrubble
Deadly
Deadly

Post by sdrubble »

Fatleaf wrote:
Yes, it has been updated since then.
Many thks. I just needed the confirmation.
What issues are you having with it?
As a matter of fact I just made a post about them in the Caduceus thread (here - https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?p=150794#p150794).

First one looks like a bug more-or-less solved - that infamous bouncing-exploding when attempting to fly thru fuel stations, which *seems* to be workarounded when you enter a FS from planetside. Will try this tomorrow.

Second one is a silly question about how to actually use the Caddy's turrets in combat. Actually I'm sure to be missing something very basic in the game mechanics.

Cheers
Fatleaf

Post by Fatleaf »

Answered on the main Caduceus thread.
Find out about the early influences of Fatleaf here. Also his OXP's!
Holds the Ooniversal record for "Thread Necromancy"
Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Re:

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

sdrubble wrote:
Cmdr Wyvern wrote:
Also, this patch is recommended to fix a nasty bug in the Caddy's unique feature.

Hi Cmdr Wyvern !!!

Just stumbled into this post (while trying to figure out couple issues with the Caddy). But I suspect this patch of yours is now obsolete, judging by the file dates inside and comparing with the ones in the neocaduceus.oxp... would you be kind enough to confirm this pls ?

Cheers
It is obsolete. The latest release of the oxp contains a far better DCN script.
Running Oolite buttery smooth & rock stable w/ tons of eyecandy oxps on:
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
128GB NVMe M.2 SSD (Boot drive)
1TB Hybrid HDD (For software and games)
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
1080P Samsung large screen monitor