[HALF RELEASE] ~ Phantom

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

[HALF RELEASE] ~ Phantom

Post by Killer Wolf »

Latest from Isis Interstellar

NPC trader/fighter thing.

Nicked Thargoid's missile script and created a new missile for her too

there'll be a Player version in due course, but i need the HUD script thing working that recognises HUD/GUI switching.

dowload/info : http://purgatori.net/phantom.htm
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Re: [HALF RELEASE] ~ Phantom

Post by Smivs »

Nice, KW. Up to your usual high standard. :D
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

Ooh! Nice. Looks ... beefy. In a prop-forward sort of way. It's the padded shoulders, I think!
Fatleaf
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by Fatleaf »

Looks great. Two questions:

Does it have two forward lasers?
Does it come in pirate?
Find out about the early influences of Fatleaf here. Also his OXP's!
Holds the Ooniversal record for "Thread Necromancy"
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Fatleaf wrote:
Looks great. Two questions:

Does it have two forward lasers?
Does it come in pirate?
Two have to forward lasers it'd have to be NPC/pirate as a player ship it would only have one.
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

KW Nice ship!(from the screenshot)gotta download and see for myself when I can. :)

I can help you with that script thingy I think you're referring to as I'm working on a custom dynamic switching script for my pie hudsv3. If it's related to view direction I have already made script switch back and forth between hud and monitor mockup while in flight(as a test at the moment). Tell me where you're stuck and I'll try my best.

KW would it be ok if I cribbed some of your nice monitor mock-ups from your huds for use in mine? Would save me the time and make it look like the same corcomm screens were being used everywhere in the ooniverse. :wink:
Take an idea from one person and twist or modify it in a different way as a return suggestion so another person can see a part of it that can apply to the oxp they are working on.

CommonSense 'Outside-the-Box' Design Studios Ltd.
WIKI+OXPs
Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Killer Wolf »

Cheers for the comments all :-)

DH, hope your reply means you're back and well.

Common, the bit i'm tripping on is when i hit the function keys to go to the GUIs, ie F5 to F8. Kaks said he'd found an issue w/ the code (there's posts in the Scripting Requests thread in Suggestions) but i've not heard back since he set of to investigate. The prob w/ the Phantom is the long wide nose : it's obtrusive on the forward view so i decided to paint over it w/ a cockpit :-D that needs to go when you F5+ or you can't see anything, so i did a GUI image too, but it doesn't trigger.
And yeah, feel free to use owt you want.

edit @Fatleaf - yeah, NPC has two mil lasers at the front, the Player variant won't be able to :-( She does have a pirate option but it's only a 0.1 chance, as they're not supposed to be generally available yet. when i release the player variant, i'll probably up that ratio.
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

KW

I was tripping over that one yesterday. I was checking setBackground and setOverlay to see how it would work and it WON'T work on the views screens only the other gui screens. Sure puts a nail in the coffin lid when it comes to mask overlays in HUDS. Also explains why NOBODY has released a HUD with a proper mask only textures in the hud.plist(underlays) will work and won't do the job both of us have in mind. I had thought perhaps your problem was getting the views and guis to go back and forth properly. Wasn't quite so obvious to me to use if GUI SCREEN == when checking viewDirectionChanged = function().

I hope a solution is found because it's either a bug or by design and either way we will have to wait at least until the next oolite release.

My poor unmasked pies! :cry:

How can anyone eat them now? :?

Well, at least I still have some cool switching script to play with and thanx to you the ooniverse will have more corcomm computer screens in the ships and stations! I can't wait to check out your new ship when the hud is done. And thanx again! :D
Take an idea from one person and twist or modify it in a different way as a return suggestion so another person can see a part of it that can apply to the oxp they are working on.

WIKI+OXPs
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Killer Wolf wrote:

Common, the bit i'm tripping on is when i hit the function keys to go to the GUIs, ie F5 to F8. Kaks said he'd found an issue w/ the code (there's posts in the Scripting Requests thread in Suggestions) but i've not heard back since he set of to investigate. The prob w/ the Phantom is the long wide nose : it's obtrusive on the forward view so i decided to paint over it w/ a cockpit :-D that needs to go when you F5+ or you can't see anything, so i did a GUI image too, but it doesn't trigger.

edit @Fatleaf - yeah, NPC has two mil lasers at the front, the Player variant won't be able to :-( She does have a pirate option but it's only a 0.1 chance, as they're not supposed to be generally available yet. when i release the player variant, i'll probably up that ratio.
Hi KW - I'm back and in extraordinary amounts of pain - but I have discovered that once I'm got my hands on to the keyboard as long as I don't move much I can type for a bit!
Selezen wrote:
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

Hi DaddyHoggy and welcome back! Get well soon! :wink:
Hi KW - I'm back and in extraordinary amounts of pain - but I have discovered that once I'm got my hands on to the keyboard as long as I don't move much I can type for a bit!
(proof of the addictive power of oolite, help groups like oolite anonymous are just around the corner....) :P

WIKI+OXPs
Spartan
Competent
Competent

Post by Spartan »

CommonSenseOTB wrote:
(proof of the addictive power of oolite, help groups like oolite anonymous are just around the corner....) :P
Oononymous? :lol:
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Selezen wrote:
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

What is that number to call then...as a service to the more needy members of the oolite community.

WIKI+OXPs
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

Killer Wolf wrote:

Hey KW, just curious if there has been any progress on the GUI screens issue pertaining to viewDirectionChanged = function(). :)

WIKI+OXPs
Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Killer Wolf »

Nah, Kaks dropped me a PM saying real-world stuff has him tied up for a while and it doesn't look like anyone else is bothering w/ the bug so it'll have to wait till he can get back on the case. not bothered at the mo, i got a load of other stuff occupying me at the minute.