How to create new font OXPs?

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

cafuneandchill
Poor
Poor

How to create new font OXPs?

Post by cafuneandchill »

So, I've had an idea to adapt Iosevka Aile as an Oolite font OXP. However, as with many things, this was easier to say than to do.

I've tried to make an oolite-font.png, and was kinda successful:

I've tried it as is, and, for some reason, transparency didn't work, despite the image being grayscale.

And, there's still oolite-font.plist that I had to edit, and I honestly have no idea how to even do those 1/8th of em things or whatever. Does anyone have any good tools to at least partially make this process easier?
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Re: How to create new font OXPs?

Post by phkb »

From memory you also need to optimise the png file. I won’t be able to look at this until tomorrow though.
phkb

Post by phkb »

I also had a routine somewhere that tried to do some calcs on letter widths to streamline the process a bit. I’ll have a look and see if the code is shareable.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

cafuneandchill wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:56 am
So, I've had an idea to adapt Iosevka Aile as an Oolite font OXP. However, as with many things, this was easier to say than to do.

I've tried to make an oolite-font.png, and was kinda successful:

I've tried it as is, and, for some reason, transparency didn't work, despite the image being grayscale.

And, there's still oolite-font.plist that I had to edit, and I honestly have no idea how to even do those 1/8th of em things or whatever. Does anyone have any good tools to at least partially make this process easier?
Welcome! Hope you are enjoying the dreaded experience!

I did try mucking about with phoenician fonts, but sadly didn't get very far. Did manage Digebiti in hieroglyphics though (the font go funny in some browsers though)!

Why the fascination with Iosevka Aile?

𓏏
𓂋
𓅓
𓃀
Trumble (no vowels, no letter "l")
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
𓂧
𓏭
𓆓
𓃀
𓏏
Digebiti (rough approximation of the pronounciation around Lesser Walsingham)
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

There should also be "determinative hieroglyphs" but I'm unsure what the ancient Egyptian specifics are for "alien" and for "planet"...
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
phkb

Post by phkb »

OK, here's what I have. Please note, this is still not a simple or easy process to create a font file. It requires a lot of trial and error, even after this process has created the base for you.

There used to be a tool somewhere on the internet that could create the texture file for you, but I've lost track of it. If someone knows where that file is, feel free to post a link.

So, what follows will only work on Windows, I'm afraid. There is a Visual Studio for Mac, so it might be possible to get the app running there, I don't know the correct tools for updating the image file to grayscale. Gimp will probably do it, but I don't use Gimp, so I can't confirm. And I don't have access to a Mac for general testing.

Anyway, on with the show.

Before we start, here's a heads up: I'm not providing an EXE for this app, but the source code. So that means if you want it to work, you'll need to have Visual Studio installed (or some other system that allows you to open and run a C# project).

So first up, there's Visual Studio, which can get found here. The community edition is free: https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/vs/ (The Mac version is here: https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/vs/mac/).

With that installed, here's a download for the app I've used to create a font OXP. OoliteFont.zip
The app will use whatever fonts you have installed on your system, so if the font you want to create an OXP for isn't installed, you'll need to get it installed before you start.

Once everything is setup, you should be able to run the app and get a window like this:

Here's what everything means:
  • Font dropdown - The font you want to use (obviously)
  • Font size - The font size to use when creating the texture file
  • Bold - Whether to use a bold font for the characters
  • Use small caps - Whether to use small caps rather than lowercase characters
  • Small cap size - Size factor to apply to small caps
  • Tweak letter widths- A global factor to apply to the calculated width of each character. This is because the base calculation ends up being a little generous with space, and this allows those widths to be globally pulled in.
  • Left side indent- A value to indent each character position from the left, to aid with character alignment.
  • Bottom side indent - A value to indent each character position from the bottom, to aid with character alignment.
  • Author- The author name to include in the manifest file.
  • Licence- The licence the font is release under. ***This is important to research and update if the OXP is to be released***
  • Base folder - The root folder into which the OXP folder will be created.
So, after you select a font from the dropdown, and update the base settings, you should be able to click the "GO" button and create the OXP. But that is just the start of the process. The very next thing you'll need to do is update the image to grayscale. To do this, I use paint.net with the OptiPNG plugin.

Here's a link to paint.net: https://www.getpaint.net/
The OptiPNG plugin can be found here: https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/11419 ... 019-05-07/

Install paint.net first, then you'll need to follow the OptiPNG instructions to get it installed on top.

Once both are installed, you should be able to click on the "Paint.net" button in the app to open Paint.net and auto-load the font texture file. Then you select "File/Save As..." and change the file type to "Optimized PNG", and select the "Grayscale" option at the top of the selections. You shouldn't need to use the "Grayscale with alpha" option.

With the texture updated, you should now be able to run Oolite and see the font in game. And this is where the work begins. In my experience, even with the most optimal settings in the app, I still need to tweak some letters (particularly extra wide or extra narrow characters) to get the best look. So you need to see how the characters look in game. The following code, run from the Oolite debug console, will output a screen with all the characters in it, so you can see how they're lining up.

Code: Select all

mission.runScreen({message:"!\"#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ\n[\\]^_`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz{|}~₢‚ƒ„…†‡ˆ‰Š‹Œ Ž‘’“”•–—˜™š›œ žŸ¡¢£¤¥¦§¨©ª«¬-®¯°±²³´µ¶∙¸¹º»¼½¾¿ÀÁÂÃÄÅÆÇÈÉÊËÌÍÎÏÐÑÒÓÔÕÖ×ØÙÚÛÜÝ\nÞßàáâãäåæçèéêëìíîïðñòóôõö÷øùúûüýþÿ", choices:{text:"Press enter"}});
Tweak this as required - some lines might be too long to fit on the screen with wider fonts. It is also sometimes helpful to leave out the non-alpha characters to help tweak those values.

With the characters on the screen, it's then a matter of opening the "oolite-font.plist" file that was created by the app, finding the line with the character on it, and tweaking the number up or down as required.

Now, the code package I'm supplying is very rough and ready - I haven't put very much in the way of limits or checks in it. If you put a crazy value in, it will run regardless. And given that I only wrote this for myself, I'm not planning to make it available via GitHub or any other code-sharing system. The code is provided as is, and no warranty of any kind is given. If it works, great. If it blows up your PC - I'd be surprised as well as very sorry - then make sure you have backups before you start. Seriously, I doubt very much whether the supplied code could blow up your PC.

I hope some of that helps a bit, anyway.
cafuneandchill
Poor
Poor

Post by cafuneandchill »

Cholmondely wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:22 am

Why the fascination with Iosevka Aile?
Honestly, I don't really know, I just like it, and it looks sci-fi enough for me to use it in Oolite. Now, hieroglyphic fonts, now that's an interesting choice. I'd like to try something like that for the government and economy glyphs.
phkb wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:36 am
OK, here's what I have. [...]
That looks like it's doable, guess I'll give it a try. Does it require a specific VS version, though?
phkb

Post by phkb »

cafuneandchill wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:27 am
Does it require a specific VS version, though?
it shouldn’t
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Your font file did not seem to be grayscale (at least as downloaded from your link). A simple export from Gimp to grayscale has fixed it for me, but you will still have to provide correct kerning values for each character in an updated oolite-font.plist file corresponding to your font texture. The fixed font file has been uploaded here:https://we.tl/t-93Mlnis2UW

And the result so far:
cafuneandchill
Poor
Poor

Post by cafuneandchill »

I think I did it: GitHub

phkb's Oolite Font thing was especially helpful. By the way, there is a way to compile it on Windows with just Visual Studio Build Tools without downloading the whole Visual Studio (I got them from Chocolatey).

I think it needs a little bit of tweaking for some glyphs, but, all in all, it's pretty good, I thonk.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

cafuneandchill wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:45 pm

I think it needs a little bit of tweaking for some glyphs, but, all in all, it's pretty good, I think.
1) Did you tweak it?

2) Added to the Wiki fonts page: http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Oolite_Fonts - are there any changes which need to be made?

3) Is there any license information?

4) And my AppleMac does not seem to realise that the .oxp exists. Popped it in my AddOns folder, started a game, saw nothing different fontwise.

Latest.file:

Opening log for Oolite version 1.90 (x86-64) under Mac OS X Version 10.15.3 (Build 19D2064) at 2021-10-02 21:50:47 +0000.
Machine type: MacBookAir9,1, 8192 MiB memory, 2 (4 logical) x x86 (family 0x38435547) @ 1100 MHz.
Build options: OpenAL, new planets.

Note that the contents of the log file can be adjusted by editing logcontrol.plist.

22:50:47.439 [joystick.error.init] -[OOMacJoystickManager init] (OOMacJoystickManager.m:80): Cannot open HID manager; joystick support will not function.
22:50:47.440 [rendering.opengl.version] -[OOOpenGLExtensionManager reset] (OOOpenGLExtensionManager.m:221): OpenGL renderer version: 2.1.0 ("2.1 INTEL-14.4.26"). Vendor: "Intel Inc.". Renderer: "Intel(R) Iris(TM) Plus Graphics OpenGL Engine (1x6x8 (fused) LP".
22:50:47.440 [rendering.opengl.extensions] -[OOOpenGLExtensionManager reset] (OOOpenGLExtensionManager.m:222): OpenGL extensions (128):
GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1, GL_EXT_rescale_normal, GL_EXT_transform_feedback, GL_EXT_blend_func_separate, GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3, GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex, GL_EXT_debug_label, GL_EXT_geometry_shader4, GL_EXT_secondary_color, GL_EXT_separate_specular_color, GL_EXT_shadow_funcs, GL_NV_texgen_reflection, GL_NV_blend_square, GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc, GL_EXT_stencil_wrap, GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar, GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit, GL_ATI_separate_stencil, GL_APPLE_vertex_point_size, GL_EXT_texture_rectangle, GL_APPLE_specular_vector, GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil, GL_EXT_blend_color, GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow, GL_EXT_texture_env_add, GL_EXT_provoking_vertex, GL_EXT_texture_array, GL_ARB_texture_env_combine, GL_ARB_point_sprite, GL_ARB_multisample, GL_EXT_framebuffer_object, GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias, GL_APPLE_pixel_buffer, GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_EXT_bgra, GL_APPLE_fence, GL_APPLE_ycbcr_422, GL_EXT_timer_query, GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra, GL_ARB_depth_clamp, GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip, GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object, GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample_blit_scaled, GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod, GL_ARB_texture_float, GL_ARB_texture_rectangle, GL_ARB_vertex_shader, GL_NV_texture_barrier, GL_ARB_provoking_vertex, GL_ARB_texture_env_add, GL_APPLE_object_purgeable, GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3, GL_APPLE_rgb_422, GL_NV_depth_clamp, GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_ARB_texture_cube_map, GL_APPLE_element_array, GL_ATI_texture_float, GL_ARB_window_pos, GL_ARB_sync, GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object, GL_APPLE_texture_range, GL_NV_conditional_render, GL_EXT_stencil_two_side, GL_ARB_texture_compression, GL_ARB_instanced_arrays, GL_EXT_blend_minmax, GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp, GL_EXT_draw_buffers2, GL_ARB_shading_language_100, GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate, GL_ARB_vertex_blend, GL_EXT_blend_subtract, GL_EXT_packed_float, GL_APPLE_aux_depth_stencil, GL_APPLE_row_bytes, GL_NV_light_max_exponent, GL_EXT_abgr, GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra, GL_ARB_draw_buffers, GL_ARB_transpose_matrix, GL_ARB_color_buffer_float, GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters, GL_APPLE_client_storage, GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two, GL_ARB_multitexture, GL_EXT_gpu_shader4, GL_APPLE_flush_render, GL_ARB_framebuffer_object, GL_APPLE_vertex_program_evaluators, GL_APPLE_transform_hint, GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc, GL_APPLE_flush_buffer_range, GL_EXT_texture_integer, GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp, GL_NV_fog_distance, GL_ARB_occlusion_query, GL_ARB_fragment_shader, GL_ARB_texture_rg, GL_ARB_fragment_program, GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map, GL_ARB_shader_objects, GL_EXT_draw_range_elements, GL_APPLE_vertex_array_object, GL_ARB_depth_texture, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB, GL_ARB_half_float_vertex, GL_APPLE_vertex_array_range, GL_ARB_shadow, GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays, GL_ARB_half_float_pixel, GL_APPLE_packed_pixels, GL_ARB_point_parameters, GL_EXT_debug_marker, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode, GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint, GL_SGIS_texture_lod, GL_EXT_fog_coord, GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent, GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once, GL_APPLE_float_pixels, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample, GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float, GL_ARB_draw_instanced
22:50:47.465 [rendering.opengl.shader.support] -[OOOpenGLExtensionManager reset] (OOOpenGLExtensionManager.m:256): Shaders are supported.
22:50:47.509 [searchPaths.dumpAll] +[ResourceManager logPaths] (ResourceManager.m:2240): Resource paths: 
    ~/Desktop/Oolite/Oolite 1.90.app/Contents/Resources
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.market_observer.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.Library.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.zirael.UsefulMFDs.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.HUDSelector.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.BGS newer.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.stranger.SW_Economy.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/GalacticAlmanacBeta1.4.oxp
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/ZZ_GrOovy_MilHUD-v0.92.oxp
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/ZZ_GUI_Vanisher_1.0.oxp
22:50:47.529 [shipData.load.begin] +[OOShipRegistry(Singleton) allocWithZone:] (OOShipRegistry.m:1689): Loading ship data.
22:50:47.899 [startup.complete] -[GameController applicationDidFinishLaunching:] (GameController.m:269): ========== Loading complete in 0.62 seconds. ==========
22:50:53.945 [shipData.load.begin] +[OOShipRegistry(Singleton) allocWithZone:] (OOShipRegistry.m:1689): Loading ship data.
22:50:54.670 [script.load.world.listAll] +[ResourceManager loadScripts] (ResourceManager.m:2132): Loaded 40 world scripts:
    BGS 2.5.1
    genericHUDswitch - MilHUD.js 1.05, modified by Wyvern for MilHUD
    HUD Vanisher - BBS-Hud 1.0
    hudselector 1.17
    in_system_market_restore 1.2.1
    Lib_2DCollision 1.7.1
    Lib_Animator 1.7.1
    Lib_BinSearch 1.7.1
    Lib_Config 1.7.1
    Lib_Crypt 1.7.1
    Lib_Cubecode 1.7.1
    Lib_EntityStrength 1.7.1
    Lib_GUI 1.7.1
    Lib_Main 1.7.1
    Lib_MissionCoord 1.7.1
    Lib_Music 1.7.1
    Lib_PAD 1.7.1
    Lib_PAD_Events 1.7.1
    Lib_Starmap 1.7.1
    market_observer3 3.7
    market_tweak.js 3.7
    mo-traders_rating3 3.7
    Oolite Equipment Control 1.90
    Oolite Ship Library 1.90
    oolite-cloaking-device 1.90
    oolite-constrictor-hunt 1.90
    oolite-contracts-cargo 1.90
    oolite-contracts-helpers 1.90
    oolite-contracts-parcels 1.90
    oolite-contracts-passengers 1.90
    oolite-libPriorityAI 1.90
    oolite-nova 1.90
    oolite-populator 1.90
    oolite-primable-equipment-register 1.90
    oolite-registership 1.90
    oolite-thargoid-plans 1.90
    oolite-trumbles 1.90
    oolite-tutorial 1.90
    RandomStationNames Beta Version 1.4 - 27.09.21
    useful_MFDs 0.5
22:50:55.824 [hudselector] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): HUDs: Default HUD,hud,ExtraLarge HUD with 10 MFDs and custom dials,hudselector-extralarge,hudselector-extralarge10,Large HUD with 10 MFDs and custom dials,hudselector-large,Small HUD with 10 MFDs and custom dials,hudselector-small
22:50:55.910 [hudselector] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Scanner NonLinear:false UltraZoom:false HUD:hudselector-large.plist Crosshairs: null, scanner settings is not fixed.
22:51:04.154 [exit.context] -[OoliteApp terminate:] (OoliteApp.m:68): Exiting: Cocoa terminate event.

Closing log at 2021-10-02 21:51:04 +0000.
Comments wanted:
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
phkb

Post by phkb »

Cholmondely wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:55 pm
And my AppleMac does not seem to realise that the .oxp exists. Popped it in my AddOns folder, started a game, saw nothing different fontwise.
The file on GitHub is incorrectly named. It currently reads as "Font-IosevkaAile.oxp", but the file should actually be renamed to "Font-IosevkaAile.oxz", as it is a ZIP package. The renamed file should work OK.
cafuneandchill
Poor
Poor

Post by cafuneandchill »

Cholmondely wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:55 pm
cafuneandchill wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:45 pm

I think it needs a little bit of tweaking for some glyphs, but, all in all, it's pretty good, I think.
1) Did you tweak it?

2) Added to the Wiki fonts page: http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Oolite_Fonts - are there any changes which need to be made?

3) Is there any license information?

4) And my AppleMac does not seem to realise that the .oxp exists. Popped it in my AddOns folder, started a game, saw nothing different fontwise.

Latest.file:

Opening log for Oolite version 1.90 (x86-64) under Mac OS X Version 10.15.3 (Build 19D2064) at 2021-10-02 21:50:47 +0000.
Machine type: MacBookAir9,1, 8192 MiB memory, 2 (4 logical) x x86 (family 0x38435547) @ 1100 MHz.
Build options: OpenAL, new planets.

Note that the contents of the log file can be adjusted by editing logcontrol.plist.

22:50:47.439 [joystick.error.init] -[OOMacJoystickManager init] (OOMacJoystickManager.m:80): Cannot open HID manager; joystick support will not function.
22:50:47.440 [rendering.opengl.version] -[OOOpenGLExtensionManager reset] (OOOpenGLExtensionManager.m:221): OpenGL renderer version: 2.1.0 ("2.1 INTEL-14.4.26"). Vendor: "Intel Inc.". Renderer: "Intel(R) Iris(TM) Plus Graphics OpenGL Engine (1x6x8 (fused) LP".
22:50:47.440 [rendering.opengl.extensions] -[OOOpenGLExtensionManager reset] (OOOpenGLExtensionManager.m:222): OpenGL extensions (128):
GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1, GL_EXT_rescale_normal, GL_EXT_transform_feedback, GL_EXT_blend_func_separate, GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3, GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex, GL_EXT_debug_label, GL_EXT_geometry_shader4, GL_EXT_secondary_color, GL_EXT_separate_specular_color, GL_EXT_shadow_funcs, GL_NV_texgen_reflection, GL_NV_blend_square, GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc, GL_EXT_stencil_wrap, GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar, GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit, GL_ATI_separate_stencil, GL_APPLE_vertex_point_size, GL_EXT_texture_rectangle, GL_APPLE_specular_vector, GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil, GL_EXT_blend_color, GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow, GL_EXT_texture_env_add, GL_EXT_provoking_vertex, GL_EXT_texture_array, GL_ARB_texture_env_combine, GL_ARB_point_sprite, GL_ARB_multisample, GL_EXT_framebuffer_object, GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias, GL_APPLE_pixel_buffer, GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_EXT_bgra, GL_APPLE_fence, GL_APPLE_ycbcr_422, GL_EXT_timer_query, GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra, GL_ARB_depth_clamp, GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip, GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object, GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample_blit_scaled, GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod, GL_ARB_texture_float, GL_ARB_texture_rectangle, GL_ARB_vertex_shader, GL_NV_texture_barrier, GL_ARB_provoking_vertex, GL_ARB_texture_env_add, GL_APPLE_object_purgeable, GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3, GL_APPLE_rgb_422, GL_NV_depth_clamp, GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_ARB_texture_cube_map, GL_APPLE_element_array, GL_ATI_texture_float, GL_ARB_window_pos, GL_ARB_sync, GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object, GL_APPLE_texture_range, GL_NV_conditional_render, GL_EXT_stencil_two_side, GL_ARB_texture_compression, GL_ARB_instanced_arrays, GL_EXT_blend_minmax, GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp, GL_EXT_draw_buffers2, GL_ARB_shading_language_100, GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate, GL_ARB_vertex_blend, GL_EXT_blend_subtract, GL_EXT_packed_float, GL_APPLE_aux_depth_stencil, GL_APPLE_row_bytes, GL_NV_light_max_exponent, GL_EXT_abgr, GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra, GL_ARB_draw_buffers, GL_ARB_transpose_matrix, GL_ARB_color_buffer_float, GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters, GL_APPLE_client_storage, GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two, GL_ARB_multitexture, GL_EXT_gpu_shader4, GL_APPLE_flush_render, GL_ARB_framebuffer_object, GL_APPLE_vertex_program_evaluators, GL_APPLE_transform_hint, GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc, GL_APPLE_flush_buffer_range, GL_EXT_texture_integer, GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp, GL_NV_fog_distance, GL_ARB_occlusion_query, GL_ARB_fragment_shader, GL_ARB_texture_rg, GL_ARB_fragment_program, GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map, GL_ARB_shader_objects, GL_EXT_draw_range_elements, GL_APPLE_vertex_array_object, GL_ARB_depth_texture, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB, GL_ARB_half_float_vertex, GL_APPLE_vertex_array_range, GL_ARB_shadow, GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays, GL_ARB_half_float_pixel, GL_APPLE_packed_pixels, GL_ARB_point_parameters, GL_EXT_debug_marker, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode, GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint, GL_SGIS_texture_lod, GL_EXT_fog_coord, GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent, GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once, GL_APPLE_float_pixels, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample, GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float, GL_ARB_draw_instanced
22:50:47.465 [rendering.opengl.shader.support] -[OOOpenGLExtensionManager reset] (OOOpenGLExtensionManager.m:256): Shaders are supported.
22:50:47.509 [searchPaths.dumpAll] +[ResourceManager logPaths] (ResourceManager.m:2240): Resource paths: 
    ~/Desktop/Oolite/Oolite 1.90.app/Contents/Resources
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.market_observer.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.Library.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.zirael.UsefulMFDs.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.HUDSelector.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.BGS newer.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.stranger.SW_Economy.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/GalacticAlmanacBeta1.4.oxp
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/ZZ_GrOovy_MilHUD-v0.92.oxp
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/ZZ_GUI_Vanisher_1.0.oxp
22:50:47.529 [shipData.load.begin] +[OOShipRegistry(Singleton) allocWithZone:] (OOShipRegistry.m:1689): Loading ship data.
22:50:47.899 [startup.complete] -[GameController applicationDidFinishLaunching:] (GameController.m:269): ========== Loading complete in 0.62 seconds. ==========
22:50:53.945 [shipData.load.begin] +[OOShipRegistry(Singleton) allocWithZone:] (OOShipRegistry.m:1689): Loading ship data.
22:50:54.670 [script.load.world.listAll] +[ResourceManager loadScripts] (ResourceManager.m:2132): Loaded 40 world scripts:
    BGS 2.5.1
    genericHUDswitch - MilHUD.js 1.05, modified by Wyvern for MilHUD
    HUD Vanisher - BBS-Hud 1.0
    hudselector 1.17
    in_system_market_restore 1.2.1
    Lib_2DCollision 1.7.1
    Lib_Animator 1.7.1
    Lib_BinSearch 1.7.1
    Lib_Config 1.7.1
    Lib_Crypt 1.7.1
    Lib_Cubecode 1.7.1
    Lib_EntityStrength 1.7.1
    Lib_GUI 1.7.1
    Lib_Main 1.7.1
    Lib_MissionCoord 1.7.1
    Lib_Music 1.7.1
    Lib_PAD 1.7.1
    Lib_PAD_Events 1.7.1
    Lib_Starmap 1.7.1
    market_observer3 3.7
    market_tweak.js 3.7
    mo-traders_rating3 3.7
    Oolite Equipment Control 1.90
    Oolite Ship Library 1.90
    oolite-cloaking-device 1.90
    oolite-constrictor-hunt 1.90
    oolite-contracts-cargo 1.90
    oolite-contracts-helpers 1.90
    oolite-contracts-parcels 1.90
    oolite-contracts-passengers 1.90
    oolite-libPriorityAI 1.90
    oolite-nova 1.90
    oolite-populator 1.90
    oolite-primable-equipment-register 1.90
    oolite-registership 1.90
    oolite-thargoid-plans 1.90
    oolite-trumbles 1.90
    oolite-tutorial 1.90
    RandomStationNames Beta Version 1.4 - 27.09.21
    useful_MFDs 0.5
22:50:55.824 [hudselector] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): HUDs: Default HUD,hud,ExtraLarge HUD with 10 MFDs and custom dials,hudselector-extralarge,hudselector-extralarge10,Large HUD with 10 MFDs and custom dials,hudselector-large,Small HUD with 10 MFDs and custom dials,hudselector-small
22:50:55.910 [hudselector] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Scanner NonLinear:false UltraZoom:false HUD:hudselector-large.plist Crosshairs: null, scanner settings is not fixed.
22:51:04.154 [exit.context] -[OoliteApp terminate:] (OoliteApp.m:68): Exiting: Cocoa terminate event.

Closing log at 2021-10-02 21:51:04 +0000.
  1. No, I haven't done any tweaking since then.
  2. The only change to the wiki description I'd like to add is that the F6 page icons weren't made by me. I can't remember which one it was, but probably one of the Dangerous fonts.
  3. Honestly, I made this OXP for personal use mostly, so I haven't really thought about licensing it. I guess you could stick the WTFPL licence to it lol
  4. I have renamed the mod from .oxp to .oxz on the GitHub Releases page (as per phkb's recommendation), so I think it should work now.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

cafuneandchill wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:28 pm
  1. No, I haven't done any tweaking since then.
  2. The only change to the wiki description I'd like to add is that the F6 page icons weren't made by me. I can't remember which one it was, but probably one of the Dangerous fonts.
  3. Honestly, I made this OXP for personal use mostly, so I haven't really thought about licensing it. I guess you could stick the WTFPL licence to it lol
  4. I have renamed the mod from .oxp to .oxz on the GitHub Releases page (as per phkb's recommendation), so I think it should work now.
Great!

Your F6 page icons were probably from either Dangerous Square or Dosis/Dangerous (the ₢ sign seems the most obvious difference between the two)

Hope everybody is healthy at your end of things and that the New Year started off well!

Dangerous Square:

Dosis (also called Dangerous):
Comments wanted: