[Release] Manifest MFD

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

[Release] Manifest MFD

Post by spara »

Had to do this anyway :mrgreen: . This is for all you fellow miners out there. And of course for anyone in need of fast manifest information.

In short, an MFD that shows the status of your cargo hold and all the items from your cargo manifest. Works great with Ore Processor (version 2.1.1) too :D . It looks like this:

Get it from the expansion pack manager.
Last edited by spara on Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:33 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Wip] Manifest MFD (for Oolite 1.79 and up)

Post by Diziet Sma »

Most commodity names are reasonably short.. would it be possible to have two itemised columns? That way you could display the first 18 items in the manifest.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Wip] Manifest MFD (for Oolite 1.79 and up)

Post by spara »

Diziet Sma wrote:
Most commodity names are reasonably short.. would it be possible to have two itemised columns? That way you could display the first 18 items in the manifest.
And here we go again. My poor miner will never get out of the gutter at this rate :lol: . Introducing version 0.2 of this oxp. Had to remove the units to make more room for the second column. Needs polishing and optimizing as we're doing things using frameCallBack, but it seems to be working nicely already.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Wip] Manifest MFD 0.2 (for Oolite 1.79 and up)

Post by Diziet Sma »

spara wrote:
And here we go again. My poor miner will never get out of the gutter at this rate :lol:
Heh heh.. sorry mate.. but looks like you've done an excellent job! 8)
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Wip] Manifest MFD 0.2 (for Oolite 1.79 and up)

Post by spara »

Thanks Dizzy.

Now it's version 1.0, which means release and it's available from the expansion pack manager.

* It notes the changes of used cargo space in real time catching scooping, jettisoning and destruction of cargo.
* It does not note changes in the contents of containers in cargo hold. For that an OXP changing the contents of an container in the cargo hold should notify this script by calling notifyCargoChange(). I have updated the Ore Processor OXP to 2.1.1 for that. Readme in the oxz has instructions.

And now it's time for my miner to launch again and continue shooting rocks. :D
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] Manifest MFD 1.0 (for Oolite 1.79 and up)

Post by Diziet Sma »

Cool..

Though if you haven't seen the report yet, there may be some kind of conflict problem going on with the Manifest OXP..
Zireael
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zireael »

This is amazing, something I've tried to do and failed...
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Zireael wrote:
This is amazing, something I've tried to do and failed...
TBH, your oxp was a sort of inspiration :) . I've been pondering about the equipment status MFD too...
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] Manifest MFD 1.1

Post by spara »

Updated to version 1.1

* Added a price tag of 550 credits. Available from TL5 and higher stations.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] Manifest MFD 1.1.1

Post by spara »

New version 1.1.1.

* Took another look after updating the navigation mfd and decided to remove the refund option from this one too. If you don't like it after you have bought it, remove the oxp.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] Manifest MFD

Post by spara »

Version 1.1.2 uploaded to the manager. I actually made the update a couple of months ago, but forgot to upload it at time :( . This one has a nicer way of tabbing columns. Should not be noticeable by user, but in case someone wants to create something based on this one, it's a better way to do it.