ZygoCinematicSky&Nebulas

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

ZygoUgo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

ZygoCinematicSky&Nebulas

Post by ZygoUgo »

http://www.mediafire.com/download/t67ul ... .3.oxp.zip

New version 1.3, this is finally where I want it, any further updates will be only to add more nebulea by number, other than that I feel I've finally squeezed the best I can from the nubulea system :)

Last edited by ZygoUgo on Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:00 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: ZygoMySky

Post by Diziet Sma »

Nice one! I've just recently been wishing there was more variety available in nebulae.. You might also want to check out the work Knotty has done with Realistic Stars OXP.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
ZygoUgo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: ZygoMySky

Post by ZygoUgo »

Hey that's cool, glad I'm not stepping on toes then, definately gone for the cinematic exaggeration look :D Maybe I should rename it to make it clearer. I did read a while ago about the star colourings and plumped for that, but I may adjust it a bit more for effect, I'm liking the levels of yellows, but could pump the blues up a bit, I'll have a twiddle and see whats me thinks
Duggan
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: ZygoCinematicSky&Nebulas

Post by Duggan »

Using words of constructive feedback, i'd like to say....Wow...Awesome :D
Flying Python Class Cruiser, Chapter & Verse IV
submersible
Commodore
Commodore

Post by submersible »

Duggan wrote:
Using words of constructive feedback, i'd like to say....Wow...Awesome :D
Seconded. Wow.

I fooled about with nebula a few times. Since i noticed that nebulas was just a special type of list - i did not figure there to be more.. What else can have it's variety expanded ?
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

submersible wrote:
What else can have its variety expanded ?
Stars. That is, the actual system main stars, not the background star field. I've just started work on Stars OXP today. I'm going to create eight planetinfo files that set the sun_color & sun_distance_modifier individually for every system.
ZygoUgo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ZygoUgo »

Thanks guys :oops: That sounds good wildeblood :) I was hoping to be able to get more than one flash effect but couldn't see it anywhere to attach more versions, but then it took me so long to get the one I have to look right anyways I'd had enough by then :)
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

Wildeblood wrote:
Stars. That is, the actual system main stars, not the background star field. I've just started work on Stars OXP today. I'm going to create eight planetinfo files that set the sun_color & sun_distance_modifier individually for every system.
Sounds interesting! Will there be any connection between star type/distance and planet descriptions relating to "solar activity"?
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Wildeblood wrote:
submersible wrote:
What else can have its variety expanded ?
Perhaps you should call it "Suns OXP", in order to avoid just the confusion mentioned in your second sentence?
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

Commander McLane wrote:
Perhaps you should call it "Suns OXP", in order to avoid just the confusion mentioned in your second sentence?
They're definitely stars in other stellar systems. There is only one Sun, here in our solar system.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Interesting point - I don't know if there is an '0fficial' naming system - but I tend to think the star of the system you are currently in is the Sun.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

Wildeblood wrote:
Commander McLane wrote:
They're definitely stars in other stellar systems. There is only one Sun, here in our solar system.
Hmm ... depends on what dictionary you use. "Suns" plural would help to make it clear that the OXP refers to the big glowy thing (where we can go sunskimming), whereas "Stars" runs the risk of confusion with the little twinkly things all over the background. Anyway, your OXP, you pick the name! And we're getting off-topic ...

Zygo, that big green nebula in your second image is amazing ... it looks like God. Specifically, it looks like God playing golf, or perhaps struggling to put on an oversized sweater, but still ... spooky! :D
ZygoUgo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ZygoUgo »

I decided it was a seriph, it has wings instead of arms, although maybe it does get quite cold out in the depths of space :) The theory was if I made enough 'bits' and encouraged them to clump together you would get faces and creatures like you do in clouds, although that ones a bit special. I do it a lot in my drawings, I'm very fond of light and clouds, I love it when they look like a gateway in to heaven and there's all strange creatures sitting around.
I was hoping I could get them to clump more but it seems they all then pick up the same colour, which I was trying to avoid, so settled for the occasional really good one with lots of spares dotted around. It's not perfect but there should be some interesting ones out there.
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Disembodied wrote:
Wildeblood wrote:
Sounds interesting! Will there be any connection between star type/distance and planet descriptions relating to "solar activity"?
Further to that... could cim's sunspot demo be used in any way for such systems?
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Smivs wrote:
...I tend to think the star of the system you are currently in is the Sun.
The ASC agrees with you..
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied