Zygoroids fixed a bit :)

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

ZygoUgo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Zygoroids fixed a bit :)

Post by ZygoUgo »

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?klbe237006ypikk

Hopefully this link works, there was a message about not being able to upload files, but then said it had uploaded :/ I'll give it a bash

EDIT.. Seems to work, hurrah!

EDIT.. Fixed, link updated!

EDIT..Yer, and again!
Last edited by ZygoUgo on Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:48 am, edited 7 times in total.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Zygoroids fixed a bit :)

Post by Diziet Sma »

Looking forward to checking them out! 8)

One small thing though, the old "Upper-Case vs lower-case" problem that you bumped into before, is back again.. in my log I see:

[size=150]05:23:05.013 [files.notFound]: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "ASTbPocmarked_norms&[color=#FF0000]p[/color]arallax.png"[/size].

It turns out the texture name has "parallax" capitalised, thus;

[size=150]ASTbPocmarked_norms&[color=#FF0000]P[/color]arallax.png[/size]

which Linux doesn't like.. (so far as it's concerned, "a" and "A" are not the same character) It doesn't matter which you use, but the way you reference a filename must be consistent with the way the filename is actually written.

Right.. I'm heading off to rename the texture and try again.. 8)

Edit: yep.. that one reference was the only problem.. so I'm gonna go look for some Zygoroids.. 8)
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
ZygoUgo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ZygoUgo »

Thankyou, fixing! :)
Only one new model currently, want to have a proper look at Blenders texture painting next, hopefully that will solve my issues with making ships.

EDIT..Link updated :)
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Looks great! Got another wee problem for you though.. sorry..

Something got borked, because the shadow side is sunlit, and the sunlit side is in shadow.. (the boulders and splinters are correct, though)

Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
ZygoUgo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ZygoUgo »

How very curious, don't have that problem on my system, maybe the upload got minced a bit, I'll have a look ;)
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Possibly it's some kind of conflict with Orbits.oxp or Sensible Sun.oxp, both of which I'm using as well..
ZygoUgo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ZygoUgo »

Updated the link again, there was also an error with the new models having a p & P. I know absolutely nothing of shaders so I'm stumped as to why it appears like that :/
Try it now I've uploaded again, it was maybe the normal and parallax map not being called *shrug*
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Nope.. still seeing the shadows on the wrong side. I could have sworn I did a "dump state" command, but I don't see it in the logs. However, I did find this:

Code: Select all

07:25:26.678 [files.notFound]: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "AST3_normals&Parallax.png".
07:25:26.937 [script.load.notFound]: ***** Could not find a script file named griff_spawn_biggerrock_chunk.js.
The missing texture is actually named"Ast3_normals&Parallax.PNG", so it has lowercase where the .plist calls for uppercase, and uppercase where the .plist calls for lowercase. :shock: :mrgreen: :wink:

I also found specular_map = "AST3Specular.png"; where the filename is actually AST3Specular.PNG

I'm off to see if fixing this helps, but thought I should report the current situation, anyway.

BRB
ZygoUgo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ZygoUgo »

Lordy, where's the face-palm smiley :roll: I'll re-upload it again!, Thanks for the spot! :)
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

ZygoUgo wrote:
Lordy, where's the face-palm smiley :roll:
Here you go :D

Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
ZygoUgo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ZygoUgo »

Well found Smivs :| :P
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

I see you're using the Oolite deployment trial build, ZygoUgo, which is the version I use for game-play.
Could a Dev please clarify if that version of Oolite is suitable for testing OXPs? I'm not too clear on which, if any, log errors are ignored/disabled.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Yep.. could only find one Zygoroid this time out (I have a couple of other OXPs installed that also mess with asteroids) but it seems to be all good now.. :D :D :D 8)

cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

El Viejo wrote:
Could a Dev please clarify if that version of Oolite is suitable for testing OXPs? I'm not too clear on which, if any, log errors are ignored/disabled.
There are some errors which won't be logged (or even be tested for) in a deployment build, and not having the debug console makes OXP testing more difficult, but any errors an OXP should be capable of generating should still get logged.
Cody

Post by Cody »

cim wrote:
El Viejo wrote:
There are some errors which won't be logged (or even be tested for) in a deployment build, and not having the debug console makes OXP testing more difficult, but any errors an OXP should be capable of generating should still get logged.
Ah, thanks cim - reason I asked was I'm in test-pilot mode atm, and I had some things not working right last night, but there were no errors reported.
I switched back to the normal Oolite 1.76.1 this afternoon just to be sure, though (and things are now working right).
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!