[RELEASE] RX and D! Shipset

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

commanderxairon
Deadly
Deadly

[RELEASE] RX and D! Shipset

Post by commanderxairon »

RX Software has previously provided a shipset here:http://oolite.aegidian.org/bb/viewtopic ... rxsoftware

but by the time the technical level of our personel wheren't too high, and now RX and Dangeru.net has retaken the task now more experienced our modeller has provided with a overhaul to all the basic ships on the game featuring all exclusive artwork for some from our main artist Izaya Shirow and the old shipset has fallen out of our support

so now RX Software and Dangeru.net is proud to announce our new shipset ! it features a complete redesign for the basic ships only excluding the stations, transporter, worm and orbital shuttle ships it follows design lines very influenced by anime and akiba culture and original art and surprises

BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD!

THIS and every other Oolite related work of rx-software is released under GNUstep public license you cannot sell or distribute this material recieving any kind of profit Rx-software claims autor rights over the models made on this OXP PLUS all the names and the oolite title, names and code belong to gilles wiliams and colaborators

ESTE y todo material relacionado con Oolite por Rx-Software es liberado bajo una lisencia publica GNUstep usted no esta autorizado a vender o distribuir este material en cambio de alguna remuneracion Rx-Software clama derechos de autor por los modelos hechos en este OXP ADEMAS todos los nombres y el titulo, nombres y codigos de Oolite pertenecen a gilles williams y sus colaboradores

HOWEVER you can modify and use this work if you give credit to the rightfull owners

Download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?e3dveoqskp9a3r4

UPDATE:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?lh9mq8c63s065ka

Screenshots are provided in the New Ships Under Design post also found on this friendly boards

our artists Deviantart pages:
http://izaya-shirow.deviantart.com-art director
http://xvampir3.deviantart.com-modeller

our main page
http://Dangeru.net
Last edited by commanderxairon on Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pirate Commander: I would taken over Anleis and maked the first pirate system on this Ooniverse and become the monarch of all that empire if This stupid boy and his ship would'nt interfeer

Kuroshido(RXS-mariana) : scooby doobi doo?....

MY CREW
Rese249er
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE] RX and D! Shipset

Post by Rese249er »

Interesting... Is it a replace or addition?
Got all turned around, lost my nav connection... Where am I now?
commanderxairon
Deadly
Deadly

a replace it says that in the description... PLEASE test it you are good at it XD
Pirate Commander: I would taken over Anleis and maked the first pirate system on this Ooniverse and become the monarch of all that empire if This stupid boy and his ship would'nt interfeer

MY CREW
Shipbuilder
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Shipbuilder »

Commanderxairon - This looks like an interesting shipset and I like the variety of ship styles.

The only comment I would make, and don't take this as a critisims in any way, is that as far as I understand the vast majority of players use Griffs shipset, (and one or two others i.e. Smivs, Staer9 etc), and therefore the level of downloads may be somewhat restricted.

I would have been tempted to produce a replacement shipset myself but having examined Griff's ships I don't believe that I would be able to equal the quality never mind improve on them.

If you were to make this shipset an addition, rather than replacement, oxp this would give people the oppertunity to install your shipset without removing the ships that they are currently using.

Having said all that at the end of the day this is your oxp to do with as you wish.

Oh and keep up the good work you are producing some interesting designs and it is always good to build on the variety that we already have. :D
The GalTech Industries Corporation - Building ships to populate the galaxies.

Increase the variety of ships within your Ooniverse by downloading my OXPs

Flying the [wiki]Serpent_Class_Cruiser[/wiki] "Thargoid's Bane"
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Following on from that, over recent months a sort of convention has been established that shipsets are released in two forms, both replacement and addition. Granted, most people just use one set to replace the default ships but many people use more than one at a time and so an 'addition' version is made available as well.
The difference is quite simple - in the replacement set the ships are given exactly the same name as the default ship (eg cobra3_trader)and the OXP over-rides the default. In an addition set the ships are given a unique name, such as 'xairon_cobra3_trader'.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Rese249er
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Rese249er »

Just installed and started playing. Right off the bat, those are some pretty ships, but many of them are so dark it's difficult to see them and would be easy to wreck into. Really can't see the beauty when they blend into the dark. A general brightening of the textures would not go amiss.
commanderxairon
Deadly
Deadly

im sorry that you guys didn't liked it... the intention of this shipset is to make a lightweight shipset for the people that lags even with neolite, the entire shipset was modelled on a toshiba NB 100 laptop o.o so you could quess what are my limitations XDD how ever your sugestions will be taken in mind..

MY CREW
Rese249er
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Rese249er »

I'm not saying I don't like it; I do in fact. Just can't see them in the sky.
commanderxairon
Deadly
Deadly

i will make the textures clearer and re release them but in my computer they seem to fit very good

MY CREW
Shipbuilder
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Shipbuilder »

Please don't misunderstand me I am not saying that I don't like them infact quite the opposite. I think that you have put together some great looking ships.

I simply wanted to point out that if you make them additions rather than replacement ships you will probably get many more downloads. :D
The GalTech Industries Corporation - Building ships to populate the galaxies.

Increase the variety of ships within your Ooniverse by downloading my OXPs

Flying the [wiki]Serpent_Class_Cruiser[/wiki] "Thargoid's Bane"
commanderxairon
Deadly
Deadly

i will do as you said boys o.o tomorrow i will re release with that... im tired for today XD (content edited due the chance of people thinking im offending them or screaming due uppercase lettering don't you think is silly? XD -.-)
Last edited by commanderxairon on Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MY CREW
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Hmm... commanderxairon, would you please edit-out the uppercase expletives from the above post.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
PhantorGorth
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by PhantorGorth »

Writing in uppercase is considered by most people as shouting so it's not "silly" as you say, just an agreed convention and the world runs on agreed conventions. I run the Oolite IRC channels and I wouldn't let anyone type only or largely in uppercase there, they would be kicked rather quickly if they did. Now if only I can get the nurses who use our case recording system at work not to type everything in caps we will be on to a winner. :-)
Chat and relax with other commanders in the [url=irc://irc.oftc.net/oolite]DS's Seedy Space Bar[/url]. The Coolest Bar in the Eight.

Phantor's OXPs: [EliteWiki] GalCop Rewards and [EliteWiki] Safe Docking
commanderxairon
Deadly
Deadly

Update added:

now all the ships has custom entrys that made the shipset useable along others, i also "cleaned" a bit the config file, also took some very dark textures and enlighted them...

MY CREW
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Does anybody have the navy ships from this shipset?

It seems to merely retexture the existing ships, and the other mentioned ships seem to be missing. To wit:
Courasanche Consortium

Dragon Class Fighter: (mk1, 2 and 3)
Wyvern Class Cruiser: (mk1)

Valhalla Corporation

Fenrir class fighter: Mk1, 2 and 3: Fenrir class MK2 - sorry for the less than acceptable models shown here - my inspiration is back with my girlfriend: Image

Prusd class heavy cruiser: Behold this beauty! the largest thing I ever docked at a station! Image
Brunhild class charger

creeper of the Black Widow company (sp?)

Grim Reaper: (mk1 and 2)
Headless Horseman class cruiser: drown in a cesspool of darkness! Feel the evilness of this boa-sized light cruiser: Image
Frankstein class battleship

Automatans

automata fighter
automata interceptor
automata megacharger

RX-Aerospace
It also includes the RX-Aerospace Loyalty-class Cruiser and Valiant-class Fighter in the shipset
Reference:

RXSoftware - has links to Xairon's other BB Threads
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?