[RELEASE] Hognose OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

[RELEASE] Hognose OXP

Post by montana05 »

This quick OXP is the result of a discussion here: viewtopic.php?p=283857#p283857. However, like usually here some more details:

Overview
========

This OXP adds the Hognose ship from the Archimedes version of Elite.

Originally designed to add various missionaries to the space lanes this offspring from the Hognose Missionaries OXP
is now featuring scavengers and miners in undeveloped systems.

History
=======

Initially developed by the Galactic Navy and Griff Industries for target practice, the Hognose was little more
than laser fodder. However, since the ship is a real bargain over the time, it was used for other purposes as well.
Missionaries, scavengers and miners are nowadays flying the Hognose and the Hognose Tugship by Murgh Shipyards
operates in the fleets of various companies.

Quite surprised by the success, Griff Industries recently introduced the Hognose II to the public market. Designed for
interplanetary traffic this variant exchanged the hyperdrive for additional cargo space and now offers a cheaper
alternative to the Orbital Shuttle.

Credits
=======

Griff (model, textures and shaders)

Remarks
=======

* This package is a simplified version of the Hognose Missionaries OXP from Griff. The various missionaries are
now replaced by scavengers and miners with a small chance for a shuttle.

Dependencies
============

* Oolite V 1.88 or higher.
* Requires a video card capable of supporting Oolite shaders.

Details
=======

For additional details please check the wiki-page: https://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Hognose_(Oolite)

License
=======

This work is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0).
To view a copy of this license, visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0

Version History
===============

V 0.50 / 2022-05-04 / Montana05
* initial release
Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going.
Old Murgh
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard

Re: [RELEASE] Hognose OXP

Post by Old Murgh »

montana05 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:26 am
This package is a simplified version of the Hognose Missionaries OXP from Griff. The various missionaries are now replaced by scavengers and miners with a small chance for a shuttle.
So many options..
How is the compatability with running both at the same time? I’m guessing you made that possible.
I was young, I was naïve. [EliteWiki] Jonny Cuba made me do it!
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

Old Murgh wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 11:41 am
montana05 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:26 am
This package is a simplified version of the Hognose Missionaries OXP from Griff. The various missionaries are now replaced by scavengers and miners with a small chance for a shuttle.
So many options..
How is the compatability with running both at the same time? I’m guessing you made that possible.
No problems there, both OXP's could run simultaneously.
Old Murgh
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard

Post by Old Murgh »

montana05 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 12:29 pm
of course.
Great pic BTW, perhaps one to replace the one on the wiki which is a bit odd on bright monitor.
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

Old Murgh wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:01 pm
montana05 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 12:29 pm
of course.
Great pic BTW, perhaps one to replace the one on the wiki which is a bit odd on bright monitor.
Thank you, like most of the time copy & paste so no screenshot. However, the picture here is the same as on wiki, I just added a link to the forum. Might be that the scaling on the wiki effected the quality a bit.
Old Murgh
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard

Post by Old Murgh »

montana05 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:10 pm
Thank you, like most of the time copy & paste so no screenshot. However, the picture here is the same as on wiki, I just added a link to the forum. Might be that the scaling on the wiki effected the quality a bit.
Ah yes, I was thinking about the one on the Hognose Missionaries page which has an unfortunate superimposed box, but the ship itself looks similar in both except for the decals.
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

Old Murgh wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 3:53 pm
montana05 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:10 pm
Ah yes, I was thinking about the one on the Hognose Missionaries page which has an unfortunate superimposed box, but the ship itself looks similar in both except for the decals.
The Hognose Missionaries picture could use some improvement, It's rather plain. The ships in this OXP are a copy from Griff's work, just the AI's, roles and decals changed. The only real addition is the Hognose II, and it uses materials and Oolite shaders because, like most of the time, I wasn't able to adapt Griff's magic shaders. :oops: