(NEW RELEASE) NumericHUDv3.oxp

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: (NEW RELEASE) NumericHUDv3.oxp

Post by cim »

spara wrote:
In core 1.80 game MFDs are turned off when you dock/launch.
Are you sure? So long as you don't save-reload, or have a docked HUD which has fewer MFDs than your in-flight HUD, they should be fine even in 1.80.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

cim wrote:
spara wrote:
Are you sure? So long as you don't save-reload, or have a docked HUD which has fewer MFDs than your in-flight HUD, they should be fine even in 1.80.
:oops: :oops: :oops: Too much time OXPing rather than playing. I stand corrected. They do get restored when you launch. Sorry for the misinformation. Was it with 1.79?
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

cim wrote:
spara wrote:
So I need to add some MFDs to my Docked HUDs OXP then. What's a reasonable number? (I say one, but apparently some other people think too many is never enough.) Given they'll never actually be seen, can I copy-paste without worrying that two have the same position?
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Wildeblood wrote:
So I need to add some MFDs to my Docked HUDs OXP then. What's a reasonable number? (I say one, but apparently some other people think too many is never enough.) Given they'll never actually be seen, can I copy-paste without worrying that two have the same position?
Core uses 2, so that's minimum. At time I put 6 in market observer and naively thought that it would be more than enough. How wrong I was, Coluber HUD uses 7 for example. And there was some special version of Numeric HUD that defined different set for each view. So 20 maybe?
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Post by Norby »

Wildeblood wrote:
What's a reasonable number?
I think 8 is enough. There are already scripted docked HUDs in NumericHUD so I do not think the special version with 16 MFD is relevant. In default has 8 only.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Wildeblood wrote:
I've not seen a released HUD with more than 10, and yes, you can copy paste ten right on top of each other quite safely (it even works for non-docked HUDs, if you're not going for usability)

(I would say "two" was a reasonable number, maybe as many as four on a HUD designed for MFD-heavy use. Now, OXPable SFDs, as most people seem to want to use them, you need one for every OXP which uses the functionality. But it's hardly the first time the use I expected people to put a feature to and the use they actually did have been very different...)