Werewolf

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Re: Werewolf

Post by Smivs »

mandoman wrote:
Anyway, it seems that Oolite was installed in three different places on my machine. It was installed in my Home Folder, the usr folder, AND the GNUstep folder.
Just to be smug......from page one of this thread https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?p=141393#p141393
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mandoman »

Smivs wrote:
I use ubuntu, so am a bit familiar with Oolite on this O/S. As far as I know, tho only GnuStep element is the GnuStep Defaults folder which seems to be where my joystick setup is stored. I have had a problem of the game not starting and deleting GnuStep Defaults cures this, but loses all the joystick settings.
Very good to know. Thanks. So far I've tried a couple of experiments, and everything is running beautifully, with no Debug warnings. :)
Mandotech Industries Wiki Page.

http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/User:Mandoman
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Smivs wrote:
As far as I know, tho only GnuStep element is the GnuStep Defaults folder which seems to be where my joystick setup is stored.
Smivs, there are many, many more elements of GNUstep in Oolite than the .GNUstepDefaults file. The heart of the entire application in Windows and Linux is GNUstep, actually.

What was the subject of this thread again?
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

I did say as far as I know..........Truth is I don't know much! :D
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

I should probably have been a little more clear with my post earlier - the link to the wiki page was mainly for information and for the through-link to Berlios for the debug console if you did want it.

As I mentioned before basic-debug.oxp now ships with the game install itself, so there's no need to download and add any other versions of it (especially as they aren't compatible with 1.75.2 and onward).

But at least you've tracked the thing down now. I must admit I'd forgotten that there were at least two places where OXPs can go on a Linux install (depending on how it's done), it's been a while since I had to trash my Ubuntu install as it didn't play too nicely with my desktop's graphics card.
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mandoman »

Things are running much smoother now. I've been adding a new ship in every two or three systems, or so, and have only run into a couple of glitches. I'm able to track down the problems in the Last Log entries better now, so it's easier to parse out the problems. I haven't gotten around to removing the GNUstep defaults yet, so maybe that will help in some way. I've been having way too much fun playing the game. :D

Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

That's good to hear :)
Don't remove Gnustep Defaults. That's only needed to 'cure' a particular problem during game start-up.
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mandoman »

That's good to hear :)
Don't remove Gnustep Defaults. That's only needed to 'cure' a particular problem during game start-up.
Too late, I already removed the defaults, and GNUstep immediately replaced them. Seems I don't really nave an option of removing the GNUstep defaults. :)