Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Joystick/gamepad deadzone

News and discussion of the PC port of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Re: Joystick/gamepad deadzone

Post by DaddyHoggy »

ChazFox wrote:
DaddyHoggy wrote:
ChazFox wrote:
After experimenting some more, it seems to primarily be an issue with my joystick right now. As I said before, it's a few years old, and there was a period of a few months where I didn't even use it, so its spring is a little looser than it should be. If I wiggle it about a fair bit and hold it to the right, I can get it to stay mostly straight until I nudge it again, then I start veering left as always.

For a while I was considering investing in a whole HOTAS setup, but those seem pretty expensive, so even just a normal joystick would probably be an improvement. :o

That said, a deadzone setting would still most definitely be appreciated, since joysticks are gonna wear down sooner or later, and it'd be annoying having to buy a new one every time just so you can play Oolite without veering off to the sides. :p
Somebody posted elsewhere a £30 HOTAS system from Thrustmaster...
The Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS system, right? Round about £30 to £40 on Amazon UK (Depending on what shipping option you choose, at least). Ordered it just now!
The thread was posted here: https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f= ... 18#p143818
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here