Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

Ganelon
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Zombie Apocalypse?

Post by Ganelon »

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/05/1 ... pocalypse/

Well, since the end of the world sort of fizzled out, I guess it's back to "plan B".. :lol:
Sleep? Who needs sleep? Got game. No need sleep.
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Re: Zombie Apocalypse?

Post by Disembodied »

It's a clever idea on the part of the CDC. The only downside, though, is that it will produce a segment of the population who believe that to defeat a hurricane, you have to shoot it in the head ...
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

Sounds like a name for a garage metal band. Let's see:

"Zombie Apocalypse has reached #2 on the charts with their smash hit 'Cranial Obsession'."

Yep! :)
Take an idea from one person and twist or modify it in a different way as a return suggestion so another person can see a part of it that can apply to the oxp they are working on.

CommonSense 'Outside-the-Box' Design Studios Ltd.
WIKI+OXPs
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

CommonSenseOTB wrote:
Sounds like a name for a garage metal band. Let's see:

"Zombie Apocalypse has reached #2 on the charts with their smash hit 'Cranial Obsession'."
I just googled it and was a little surprised that this band doesn't already exist. :)

However, as it turns out "Zombie Apocalypse" is the name of a live-action role playing game (LARP), which is already in its 4th installation. http://www.zombie-larp.com/
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

I knew it! It's been done! :twisted:
Try seaching Zombie Apocalypse Band. There are videos, wiki pages, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombie_Apocalypse_(band)

:evil:
Take an idea from one person and twist or modify it in a different way as a return suggestion so another person can see a part of it that can apply to the oxp they are working on.

WIKI+OXPs
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

Ganelon wrote:
Well, since the end of the world sort of fizzled out, I guess it's back to "plan B".. :lol:
Did it fizzle out?
Harold Camping wrote:
[W]hen we get to May 21 on the calendar in any city or country in the world, and the clock says about — this is based on other verses in the Bible — when the clock says about 6 p.m., there’s going to be this tremendous earthquake that’s going to make the last earthquake in Japan seem like nothing in comparison. And the whole world will be alerted that Judgment Day has begun. And then it will follow the sun around for 24 hours. As each area of the world gets to that point of 6 p.m. on May 21, then it will happen there, and until it happens, the rest of the world will be standing far off and witnessing the horrible thing that is happening.
OK, maybe he got a bit carried away with himself there, but wait a minute...

Iceland. May 21st, 17:30 UTC. Grimsvotn volcano erupts.
Um.
:shock:
Wikipedia wrote:
Camping has stated that he now believes that May 21 had been a "spiritual" day of judgment, and that the physical Rapture would now occur on October 21, 2011, simultaneously with the destruction of the universe by God.
So...what if the volcano doesn't stop erupting? How long would it take to blot out the sun with ash? How long would it take the atmosphere to become clogged with ash and particles? How long, people, would it take for us to start choking on volcanic dust???

Maybe about 5 months? Something to think about there... ;-) ;-) :lol:
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

Given the size of some of the Rev Camping's followers, I think we're more at risk of having the sun blotted out by them as they get twanged into space, or whatever it is that's supposed to happen ...
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

Disembodied wrote:
Given the size of some of the Rev Camping's followers, I think we're more at risk of having the sun blotted out by them as they get twanged into space, or whatever it is that's supposed to happen ...
Didn't you know? Angels are Aerostats, the wings are purely for stability and directional flight.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Disembodied wrote:
Given the size of some of the Rev Camping's followers...
What did I miss? Does he have a particularly strong following among Obnoxiously Obese Opossums? :?: :lol:
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Selezen wrote:
Wikipedia wrote:
Camping has stated that he now believes that May 21 had been a "spiritual" day of judgment, and that the physical Rapture would now occur on October 21, 2011, simultaneously with the destruction of the universe by God.
In other words: he has taken the easiest and most predictable way out. How boring. The fellow is rapidly losing his entertainment value. :?
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

If the earth is in a period of change no prophet can make it true or false. Earth goes through these sorts of cycles, hopefully this one is not as bad as the one in the (1300's?) as losing most of our agricultural production for a year or 2 or more would result in the apocalypse(unhappy coincidence). :(

So until then let's all pretend Elite 4 was released this morning. :D

WIKI+OXPs
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

How God is managing the 2011 rapture, courtesy The Oatmeal. For the nervous, be aware there is one obscenaughty at the end. Or two, if you count "Jesus Rollerblading Christ" as rude ...