Shield Cycler NEXT 1.12.2

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

dybal
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Shield Cycler NEXT 1.12.2

Post by dybal »

Is this OXP being maintained?

I have fixed a few bugs in it while working on another project, if nobody is maintaining it I would like to step forward to do it.
dybal
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

[RELEASE]Shield Cycler NEXT 2.0

Post by dybal »

Shield Cycler Next v2.0 is avalilable on the Expansion Manager and here.

Changes
  • Adds functions for other OXPs to award and remove Shield Cycler equipments to NPC ships.
  • Higher level function to be used by other OXPs to adjust shields through Shield Cycler.
  • Feeds Shield Capacitors energy into the shields before adjusting if they are installed and charged for both player's ship and NPCs.
  • Most functions for other OXPs are NPC-ready and should be called with the ship's script as context for NPCs.
  • EQ_SC_SHIELD_CYCLER_INTERNAL and EQ_SC_MANUAL_CONFIGURATOR_INTERNAL are not used anymore (but kept for backwards compatibility), the ship keeps the versioned EQ_SHIELD_CYCLER_<version> and EQ_SC_MANUAL_CONFIGURATOR_<version> equipments that are sold at Ship Outfitting (F3).
  • The installed equipments are the "source of truth" and the settings object will be adjusted to reflect them; for player's ship, that happens at every launch, for NPCs only when the _sc_award_equipment, _se_equipment_setup or _sc_retrieve_devices are called.
  • Doesn't refund the Shield Cycler equipment value when the player buys a new ship: if the old ship was part of the payment, the equipment value (EQ_SC_SHIELD_CYCLER_<version> and EQ_SC_MANUAL_CONFIGURATOR_<version> keep their acquisition price, while EQ_SC_<equipment>_INTERNAL had 1Cr for price) was factored in the old ship's resale value; if not part of the payment, the ship was stored in Hyperspace Hangar with the Shield Cycler equipment installed.
  • Energy cost is now proportional to the energy actually transferred between shields instead of a flat-fee for energy transfer range (that was prohibitive for the small transfers that occur after a little while in combat).
  • _sc_store_devices (used by Ship Storage Helper OXP) doesn't remove the Shield Cycler devices from the ship.
  • _sc_retrieve_devices(used by Ship Storage Helper OXP) is now functional, the bugs have been squashed.
  • Major code re-factoring and many small bug fixes.
  • Should still be backwards compatible, i.e., a savefile of a player ship with Shield Cycler v2.0 should still work with Shield Cycler Next 1.12.
  • Changes from OXPConfig to Library, drops use of Cabal Common Library.
  • Can be promoted from development to production version.
Observations:
  • For the NPC enabling code to have effect N-Shields is necessary, otherwise only the player ship can have functional Shield Cyclers.
  • There is a bug in the current release version of Ship Storage Helper that leads to ships losing Shield Cycler v1.x when storing them in Hyperspace Hangar. Ships stored with Shield Cycler v2.0 will keep the Shield Cycler equipments but have the auxiliary settings (the ones that can be modified through Library depending on the Manual Configurator version: threshold, start configuration, cycle mask) to default. Ships stored with Shield Cycler v1.x will lose the SC equipments, since the information of which equipment they had was lost when storing them.
dybal
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

[RELEASE]Shield Cycler Next 2.1

Post by dybal »

[EliteWiki] Shield Cycler Next v2.1 is available on the Expansion manager and here.

Changes
  • Fixes bug parsing the missionVariable when it holds an empty string.
  • Defines scriptInfo.towbar_max_salvage_price for Shield Cycler and Shield Cycler Manual Configurator Standard and Advanced.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Does anybody understand how this works?

I'm trying to put up pages for the relevant equipment on the wiki.

Hiran's latest "OutputDirectory" gives the following as equipment for Shield Cycler:
Name Cost [deci-credits] Tech-Level

In-flight configurator Advanced 1464000 14+
In-flight configurator for Shield Cycler 2000 2+
SC Manual Configurator 1 2+
standard version In-flight configurator 366000 11+
Advanced Shield Cycler 615000 14+
Basic Shield Cycler 1000 2+
Shield Cycler 1 2+
Standard Shield Cycler 249000 11+

And the following for Shield Cycler Next:

Advanced in-flight Shield Cycler configurator 1464000 14+
Basic in-flight Shield Cycler configurator 2000 2+
Standard in-flight Shield Cycler configurator 366000 11+
Shield Cycler 1 2+

Yet his Index of artefacts page on the wiki gives only:
Advanced in-flight Shield Cycler configurator Shield Cycler Next 1464000 14+
Sell in-flight configurator Shield Cycler Next 1000 2+
Sell Shield Cycler Shield Cycler Next 1000 2+

(I've left out the sell/refund/repair options for the "OutputDirectory" versions)

Any idea as to which pieces of equipment I should list?
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
hiran
Theorethicist
Location: a parallel world I created for myself. Some call it a singularity...

Post by hiran »

Cholmondely wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:53 pm
Does anybody understand how this works?

I'm trying to put up pages for the relevant equipment on the wiki.

Hiran's latest "OutputDirectory" gives the following as equipment for Shield Cycler:

In-flight configurator Advanced 1464000 14+
In-flight configurator for Shield Cycler 2000 2+
standard version In-flight configurator 366000 11+
Shield Cycler 1 2+

And the following for Shield Cycler Next:

Advanced in-flight Shield Cycler configurator 1464000 14+
Basic in-flight Shield Cycler configurator 2000 2+
Standard in-flight Shield Cycler configurator 366000 11+
Shield Cycler 1 2+

Yet his Index of artefacts page on the wiki gives only:
Advanced in-flight Shield Cycler configurator Shield Cycler Next 1464000 14+
Sell in-flight configurator Shield Cycler Next 1000 2+
Sell Shield Cycler Shield Cycler Next 1000 2+

(I've left out the sell/refund/repair options for the "OutputDirectory" versions)

Any idea as to which pieces of equipment I should list?
I did not check the details, but I am guessing an explanation.

The list on the wiki is actually the list of all equipment. f course that list is constructed by adding equipment one by one, and in case they come with the same ID they overwrite each other which means the last one wins, and the older ones are gone.
This is the same on the "Equipment by name" page.

However when you first traverse the OXPs, then look at the contained equipment you should still see entries that would have replaced each other, which gives you a bigger list in total.

A quick check on the warnings page (offline) or on the wiki index (http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Index_ ... cts#Global) might help to determine if equipment you are looking for has been overwritten. Hmm, I cannot find evidence here ... My theory does not hold.
Sunshine - Moonlight - Good Times - Oolite
threepe
Competent
Competent

Post by threepe »

How does this mod work please?

I've purchased SC Version : standard and manual configuration: standard

I've pressed Shift-N many many times to see what comes up for me to use, and when it gets to the sheid cycler nothing seems to work. The shields do not automatically adjust and I don't seem to be able to make any changes or activate anything to make them operational.

Any suggestions please?
hiran
Theorethicist
Location: a parallel world I created for myself. Some call it a singularity...

Post by hiran »

threepe wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:45 pm
How does this mod work please?

I've purchased SC Version : standard and manual configuration: standard

I've pressed Shift-N many many times to see what comes up for me to use, and when it gets to the sheid cycler nothing seems to work. The shields do not automatically adjust and I don't seem to be able to make any changes or activate anything to make them operational.

Any suggestions please?
Have you checked the wiki page or the readme?
https://ooliteproject.github.io/oolite- ... rNext.html
https://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/ShieldCycler
Sunshine - Moonlight - Good Times - Oolite
Nite Owl
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Nite Owl »

If you have not done so already check out SHIELD EQUALIZER AND CAPACITORS. These two OXZs work well together but for the sake of less Primable Equipment the above works on its own with similar functionality. Be forewarned that the above also grants better shields to NPCs should you choose for it to do so from within the LIBRARY OXP.
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet

Brevity is the soul of wit and vulgarity is wit's downfall

Good Night and Good Luck - Read You Soon
threepe
Competent
Competent

Post by threepe »

Thanks for the help

I tried and tried and then removed that OXP and installed the one you have suggested that does things automatically. This now works for me really well. There are a couple of options that I would prefer to be able to set for it, and I shall post in the relevant area regarding that (DONT charge the capacitors while I have a cloaking device running being the main one).

Not sure how or why I could not get the other one to actually work, but I gave it a good go.