Railgun.oxp v 1.3 now available

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

sdrubble
Deadly
Deadly

Re: Railgun.oxp v 1.3 now available

Post by sdrubble »

Hi Capt. Murphy & Eric,

thx a lot for all of your suggestions and code. :D

But I'm afraid I'll disappoint you both... :oops:

What happens is, this discussion started as a request for a solution (which I most thankfully got, indeed !!), and then it grew up a bit more with all manners of suggestions and snippets... which BTW I must shamefully admit that I DID ask for. :oops:

However, since my initial test and report yesterday, which showed that things were working as expected (on a number of repeated & controlled test flights), I didn't have any further time to actually PLAY - which would translate into mere flying and shooting, while forgetting all log checking, programming, math & physics for a while... :wink:

So, at the end of a busy day (yes I know it's Sunday... :? ) most of my synapses got disconnected (thank Heavens !! :D ). I'll certainly be feeling a lot smarter tomorrow morning, but even so I wouldn't want this railgun tweak to overgrow into a more serious programming effort. :cry:

Anyway, I suppose your suggestions will remain here in this thread, and I might revisit them in the future with a somewhat more investigative attitude... for now, they look just a bit, erm... too serious for me.

Thx a lot again, folks - and cheers !!! :mrgreen:
Fatleaf
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by Fatleaf »

sdrubble wrote:
What happens is, this discussion started as a request for a solution (which I most thankfully got, indeed !!), and then it grew up a bit more with all manners of suggestions and snippets

but even so I wouldn't want this railgun tweak to overgrow into a more serious programming effort.
But that is what happens around here on this board and it is a good thing as it all adds to writing better code and the oxp then becomes better and we all learn as a result. So please don't be put off asking questions, we like them 8)
sdrubble wrote:
Thx a lot again, folks - and cheers !!! :mrgreen:
Your welcome :D
Find out about the early influences of Fatleaf here. Also his OXP's!
Holds the Ooniversal record for "Thread Necromancy"
drew
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by drew »

Mmmmm. Me likey. Very nice weapon indeed. :)

Cheers,

Drew.
Drew is an author of SF and Fantasy Novels
WebsiteFacebookTwitter
Fatleaf

Post by Fatleaf »

I changed the firing .ogg to that of a shot gun. I really like it now with a heavy bang every time it is shot.
Find out about the early influences of Fatleaf here. Also his OXP's!
Holds the Ooniversal record for "Thread Necromancy"
commanderxairon
Deadly
Deadly

Post by commanderxairon »

the main issue i found with this weapon is that when i am at fullspeed the slugs crash with my ship
Pirate Commander: I would taken over Anleis and maked the first pirate system on this Ooniverse and become the monarch of all that empire if This stupid boy and his ship would'nt interfeer

Kuroshido(RXS-mariana) : scooby doobi doo?....

MY CREW
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

See the posts in this thread from https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.ph ... 35#p150328 onwards for a potential solution xairon.
[EliteWiki] Capt. Murphy's OXPs
External JavaScript resources - W3Schools & Mozilla Developer Network
Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 with HD3000 (driver rev. 8.15.10.2696 - March 2012), Oolite 1.76.1