Show and Tell (new ships/ ships in progress)

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Re: Show and Tell (new ships/ ships in progress)

Post by Thargoid »

Killer Wolf wrote:
is there an AI that could make it stagger drunkenly down the spacelanes? :-) or make it ONLY carry liquor!

like the Scimitar, very nice and "core-shippy".
Trivial to do with a bit of scripting and a frame callback ;) :mrgreen:

Just the other day I had a Thargoid warship whirling round in circles, albeit somewhat more than I actually wanted it to.
SandJ
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by SandJ »

Thargoid wrote:
Killer Wolf wrote:
is there an AI that could make it stagger drunkenly down the spacelanes? :-) or make it ONLY carry liquor!
Just the other day I had a Thargoid warship whirling round in circles, albeit somewhat more than I actually wanted it to.
These aliens, they just can't take their drink. :roll:
Flying a Cobra Mk I Cobbie 3 with nothing but Explorers Club.OXP and a beam laser 4 proper lasers for company :D
Dropbox referral link 2GB of free space online + 500 Mb for the referral: good for securing work-in-progress.
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mandoman »

Will be in Mandotech Ind. Topic.
Last edited by mandoman on Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mandotech Industries Wiki Page.

http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/User:Mandoman
MiMoriarty
Competent
Competent

Post by MiMoriarty »

The first release it's ready for testing purposes. I still have some problems with port and starboard views. Don't get upset if u see laser firing not really aligned with view middle. :oops:

http://www.box.com/s/qxs6yxnofavvtupsc9r6

I would like to ask the guild of test pilots for their special abilities. It's still WIP for this OXP.
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. … Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
Blog http://mimoriarty.wordpress.com/
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

MiMoriarty wrote:
The first release it's ready for testing purposes. I still have some problems with port and starboard views. Don't get upset if u see laser firing not really aligned with view middle. :oops:
That's normal for the side views. The faster you go, the more to the back the laser moves. It's the same for all ships (try it with a standard Cobby) and you can't really do anything about it.
MiMoriarty
Competent
Competent

Post by MiMoriarty »

The faster you go, the more to the back the laser moves.
That's the answer to some mishaps I had while adjusting views. Anyway, I'd like to fix them before a full release. :o
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. … Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
maik
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia (mainly industrial, feudal, TL12)

Post by maik »

MiMoriarty wrote:

http://www.box.com/s/qxs6yxnofavvtupsc9r6

I would like to ask the guild of test pilots for their special abilities. It's still WIP for this OXP.
Which ship is it?
MiMoriarty
Competent
Competent

Post by MiMoriarty »

Which ship is it?
They're Yasen-N and Skat in a single OXP called RL 1.0. It's a first version for testing purposes.
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mandoman »

Ever wonder what a Ferrari, or a Lamborghini would look like as space craft? I thought it would be cool. Here is my version of such a craft called the Feramborini. :mrgreen:

mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mandoman »

I will take the silence following my last post to mean that what I posted was something no one has interest in the least. It was meant as a fun ship, with no weapons, no ECM, no shield enhancement, etc.. All it was meant for was speed. Period. If you are in a hurry to reach another system, or are coming up to the station from the planet, or to the planet from the station, this would be an ultra fast answer. Max speed would be 700, with max energy at 5.0. The catch is that the energy recharge rate is only in the 2.5 to 3.0 range, so if you don't use your speed to escape the pirates, you will die.

It was suppose to be that way. However, even though I gave the ship nothing but fuel injection (for speed), and specified in shipyard.plist that it could have no other upgrades, the high tech level stations keep offering the upgrades. It shouldn't even get the offers, as it is not meant to be upgraded. So I guess it's a flop anyway. How can you be offered a Military Laser, when your ship doesn't even HAVE a laser mount. It isn't suppose to have enough rechargeable energy to handle ECM, or Military Fuel Injection enhancements, but all the stations that carry those sort of things offer them to this ship on the market. It's weird. I suppose that I could make it possible to buy such things, but I would need to make a script that specifies a noticeable loss in energy, and energy recharge if such extras are added. Hmmmm, I don't have scripting down yet, though I am trying to learn thanks to help from Phantor Gorth, but this may have to be one of my attempts. Interesting. :wink:

cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

mandoman wrote:
It was suppose to be that way. However, even though I gave the ship nothing but fuel injection (for speed), and specified in shipyard.plist that it could have no other upgrades, the high tech level stations keep offering the upgrades.
Some equipment is marked as "available_to_all" in the default equipment.plist. So it won't (shouldn't, anyway) get equipment that's only available to some ships (large cargo bay is an easy one to test with, assuming you haven't allowed it) but it will get universal equipment - which includes most OXP equipment, and some of the "basics" like ECM, Galactic Hyperdrive, and so on.

It is possible with Javascript to automatically remove any equipment that's not explicitly allowed, if the player tries to buy it. (And optionally give them a message saying "Well, we tried, but we couldn't find anywhere to put one of those", and refund their money, too)
(It would, I think, only need one fairly short function to do so, so it wouldn't be that bad a place to learn basic scripting)
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

There's such a function in the scripting for the Vortex, doing exactly that.

But for trunk stuff it shouldn't be needed, as the standard_equipment (stuff that's always on the ship when sold) and optional_equipment (stuff that may or may not be on the ship when sold, as upgrade) entries in the shipyard.plist file should cover what is offered on the shipyard screen.
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mandoman »

Thargoid wrote:
There's such a function in the scripting for the Vortex, doing exactly that.

But for trunk stuff it shouldn't be needed, as the standard_equipment (stuff that's always on the ship when sold) and optional_equipment (stuff that may or may not be on the ship when sold, as upgrade) entries in the shipyard.plist file should cover what is offered on the shipyard screen.
Okay, I'll look into that script for the Vortex. Thanks.

SandJ
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by SandJ »

mandoman wrote:
I will take the silence following my last post to mean that what I posted was something no one has interest in the least.
Good heavens, man, give us a chance! It's only been 22 hours and you posted that on a school night. Give it at least a weekend to get feedback.
mandoman wrote:
It was meant as a fun ship, with no weapons, no ECM, no shield enhancement, etc.. All it was meant for was speed.
I have spent this evening installing .OXPs that add ships to my Ooniverse. Shiny red fanny-magnets like your creation would be ideal. Thank you for putting it together - it is beautiful and I love the shark's nose. As soon as I can download it, I will.

However, my one very serious criticism is:
- the front windscreen is black. I expect to be able to just see through the glass a premiership football player, his trophy wife, and a pair of fluffy dice hanging from the rear-view vid player.

Other than that, it is a great creation.

(Funnily enough, I was considering seeing if I could put together a Foord Capri as a spaceship earlier this week.)
Flying a Cobra Mk I Cobbie 3 with nothing but Explorers Club.OXP and a beam laser 4 proper lasers for company :D
Dropbox referral link 2GB of free space online + 500 Mb for the referral: good for securing work-in-progress.
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mandoman »

SandJ wrote:
I have spent this evening installing .OXPs that add ships to my Ooniverse. Shiny red fanny-magnets like your creation would be ideal. Thank you for putting it together - it is beautiful and I love the shark's nose. As soon as I can download it, I will.

However, my one very serious criticism is:
- the front windscreen is black. I expect to be able to just see through the glass a premiership football player, his trophy wife, and a pair of fluffy dice hanging from the rear-view vid player.

Other than that, it is a great creation.

(Funnily enough, I was considering seeing if I could put together a Foord Capri as a spaceship earlier this week.)
LOL, I could make the player version use a light grey windscreen, but I'm not sure any of your interior elements would show even then. :lol:

Beautiful Capri, by the way. That wouldn't be hard to make into a ship, either. The wheels would have to go, though, and it would have to have a fairly small engine, which means less speed, at the size of a Capri. The ship I posted is a tad larger than a Ferrari, or a Lamborghini. :D