{UPDATED RELEASE}-Illegal Goods Tweak v1.7.3(30/5/12)

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Fatleaf
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Re: {UPDATED RELEASE} - Illegal Goods Tweak v1.5( 7/8/11)

Post by Fatleaf »

I have found this error happening quite frequently and remembered to take a screenshot to show you the issue. If you look at the place where the name should be it has code instead.

Also found this in the log:

Code: Select all

07:53:43.799 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (illegal_goods_missions 1.4): TypeError: System.infoForSystem(system.info.galaxyID, system.info.systemID).routeToSystem(System.infoForSystem(system.info.galaxyID, this.ig_potentialmissionsystem)) is null
07:53:43.799 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]:       ../AddOns/Illegal_goods_tweak_1.4.oxp/Scripts/illegal_goods_missions.js, line 68.
Hope it helps.
Find out about the early influences of Fatleaf here. Also his OXP's!
Holds the Ooniversal record for "Thread Necromancy"
Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Re: {RELEASE} - Illegal Goods Tweak.oxp

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

SandJ wrote:
Since slavery is still happening in the world today, it is probably reasonable to assume it would be not just legal, but legitimate trade, on many of the Oolite worlds.
From the Wikipedia article on slavery, "there are more slaves today than at any point in history, remaining as high as 12 million to 27 million, even though slavery is now outlawed in all countries". Besides, Galcoop doesn't forbid slavery on the systems themselves; what it does prohibit (in Vanilla) is leaving its main stations with slaves.
However, assuming the slave trade is legal according to government type is too simple: a slave revolt would turn a planet into an anarchy and trading slaves there would be ... unwise. Equally, pinnacles of order, civilisation and learning included Imperial Rome, Carthage and many others that relied upon slavery in some form to function so there is no reason why a Tech 15 Democracy cannot have a slave trade.
I'd think it easier to happen on a Corporate system than on a Democracy... In any case, I believe it was Plato who said that "slavery won't end until the looms can weave alone" - which is to say, until all forms of work are automated.
You know those who, having been mugged and stabbed, fired, dog run over, house burned down, wife eloped with best friend, daughters becoming prostitutes and their countries invaded - still say that "all is well"?
I'm obviously not one of them.
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: {RELEASE} - Illegal Goods Tweak.oxp

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

Cmdr. Maegil wrote:
SandJ wrote:
Since slavery is still happening in the world today, it is probably reasonable to assume it would be not just legal, but legitimate trade, on many of the Oolite worlds.
From the Wikipedia article on slavery, "there are more slaves today than at any point in history, remaining as high as 12 million to 27 million, even though slavery is now outlawed in all countries". Besides, Galcoop doesn't forbid slavery on the systems themselves; what it does prohibit (in Vanilla) is leaving its main stations with slaves.
However, assuming the slave trade is legal according to government type is too simple: a slave revolt would turn a planet into an anarchy and trading slaves there would be ... unwise. Equally, pinnacles of order, civilisation and learning included Imperial Rome, Carthage and many others that relied upon slavery in some form to function so there is no reason why a Tech 15 Democracy cannot have a slave trade.
I'd think it easier to happen on a Corporate system than on a Democracy... In any case, I believe it was Plato who said that "slavery won't end until the looms can weave alone" - which is to say, until all forms of work are automated.
One thing not mentioned would be listings for financial slavery or usery ie. credit cards and high interest loans. That number must be in the billions. Combined with high government taxation, the effect of this is to keep people on a short leash, working more to pay off the taxes and interest and doing jobs they wouldn't normally do. This is partly the result of people brainwashed by media advertising to believe they need stuff to fill the empty void of their meaningless existence, which drives the capitalist economies around the world, when what they really need is a non-material purpose or hobby in their life...like making oxps for oolite. :D
Take an idea from one person and twist or modify it in a different way as a return suggestion so another person can see a part of it that can apply to the oxp they are working on.

CommonSense 'Outside-the-Box' Design Studios Ltd.
WIKI+OXPs
Captain Beatnik
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Captain Beatnik »

Downloaded the new version just this minute.

I like this OXP very much. Thanks to Capt. Murphy for sharing it. :D
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
(Douglas Adams, 1952 - 2001)
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Fatleaf wrote:

Also found this in the log:

07:53:43.799 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception ([b]illegal_goods_missions 1.4[/b]): TypeError: System.infoForSystem(system.info.galaxyID, system.info.systemID).routeToSystem(System.infoForSystem(system.info.galaxyID, this.ig_potentialmissionsystem)) is null
07:53:43.799 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]:       ../AddOns/[b]Illegal_goods_tweak_1.4.oxp[/b]/Scripts/illegal_goods_missions.js, line 68.
Hope it helps.
Cheers Fatleaf,

I see you are using version 1.4. I fixed that bug with version 1.5. Having said that looking at the code for 1.5 I don't think it is doing quite what I intended (although the bug is fixed) (Nope it is doing what I wanted it to do). I'll be updating this at some point in the next few weeks anyway as I've learnt a few more JS techniques in the meantime and can optimise the scripts a little more and minimise missionVariable use.
[EliteWiki] Capt. Murphy's OXPs
External JavaScript resources - W3Schools & Mozilla Developer Network
Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 with HD3000 (driver rev. 8.15.10.2696 - March 2012), Oolite 1.76.1
Captain Patrick
Competent
Competent

Post by Captain Patrick »

I report this error in the Latest.log after loading v1.5 of this OXP with v1.76 of Oolite for the Mac:
20:07:42.558 [log.header]: Opening log for Oolite version 1.76 (PPC-32 test release) under Mac OS X Version 10.4.11 (Build 8S165) at 2011-12-19 20:07:42 -0800.
Machine type: PowerBook6,8, 1280 MiB memory, 1 x PowerPC G4 (7450) @ 1500 MHz.
Build options: spoken messages, mass/fuel pricing, JavaScript console support, Debug plug-in support, OXP verifier, localization tools, debug GraphViz support, JavaScript profiling.
<snip>
20:08:00.206 [plist.parse.failed]: Failed to parse /Applications/Games/Oolite 1.76/AddOns/Illegal_goods_tweak_1.5.oxp/Config/equipment.plist as a property list.
XML parser error:
Unexpected character ( at line 1
Old-style plist parser error:
Expected terminating ')' for array at line 17
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Fussy mac syndrome again..... :roll:. It parses fine under Windows.

Patrick if you can edit that plist - change

script = "ig_legal_hack.js"

to

script = "ig_legal_hack.js";

which should do the trick.

I've got an update planned for this OXP and will include this fix in that release, but it's a fair way down my to do list at the moment and oolite time is limited until after the holidays.
Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 with HD3000 (driver rev. 8.15.10.2696 - March 2012), Oolite 1.76.1
Captain Patrick
Competent
Competent

Post by Captain Patrick »

That did it, loads fine now - thanks!
Fatleaf

Post by Fatleaf »

Found this in the log: (I now it is 1.4 updating now. Just thought I would post it as it might be relevant)

19:57:08.442 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (illegal_goods_missions 1.4): TypeError: System.infoForSystem(system.info.galaxyID, system.info.systemID).routeToSystem(System.infoForSystem(system.info.galaxyID, this.ig_potentialmissionsystem)) is null
19:57:08.442 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ../AddOns/Illegal_goods_tweak_1.4.oxp/Scripts/illegal_goods_missions.js, line 68.

Hope it helps.
Find out about the early influences of Fatleaf here. Also his OXP's!
Holds the Ooniversal record for "Thread Necromancy"
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Re: {UPDATED RELEASE} - Illegal Goods Tweak v1.6( 05/02/12)

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Version 1.6 is now available - see 1st post for full readme and download link.
Version 1.6 05/02/12: Requires Oolite 1.76. Made JS strict mode compatible. Made Save Anywhere OXP compatible. Fixed bug in parsing of equipment.plist on mac systems. Reduced unnecessary missionVariable storage. Found and fixed several other minor bugs. One of special missions now uses Griff model for station if installed.
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Re: {UPDATED RELEASE} - Illegal Goods Tweak v1.7( 19/04/12)

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Version 1.7 available for download. Please see first post for full readme and download link.
Version 1.7 14/4/12: Requires Oolite 1.76. Added compatibility for New Cargoes 1.0.5 or above. Updated Compatibility for HyperCargo 1.06 or above and Vortex 1.23 and

above in light of changes to those OXPs for New Cargoes compatibility. Vortex update includes bugfix that affected Maelstrom pilots only. Added optional compatibility

for OXPConfig (v2.09 or above). Added detected contraband info to mission screens.
Compatibility Information.

This release introduces compatibility with New Cargoes OXP (1.0.5 or above) and it's permit system. Contraband which is a New Cargoes Special Cargo is ignored by

Illegal Goods Tweak if a valid New Cargoes permit is held. Otherwise it is treated in the same way as standard contraband. Also Illegal Goods Tweak will run on docking

at certain OXP stations defined by New Cargoes OXP if installed (this option can be turned off).

Compatibility with HyperCargo OXP (1.06 or above) and Vortex OXP (1.23 or above) has also been updated to take into account New Cargoes and it's permit system. Also

fixed a bug affecting Vortex OXP users flying a Maelstrom.

This release introduces optional OXPconfig compatibility(version 2.0.9 or above) as a method to set some options.

Options that can be set via OXPConfig are (line numbers given for those who just wish to edit the script "illegal_goods_tweak.js"):

alwaysDetect (default true) (line 9); If set to false a variable contraband detection rate is used, dependent on tech level and government type of the system. Low Tech

Anarchies will have the lowest detection rate, High Tech Corporate States the highest. High Tech Anarchies and Low Tech Corporate States will fall somewhere in

between. If not detected players carrying contraband still have an opportunity to voluntarily handover contraband for a small reward.

loggingEnabled (default false) (line 10) : if set to true enables some debug log messages.

ncOXPStations (default true) (line 11) : ignored unless New Cargoes OXP installed. If true customs are also active at certain OXP stations (defined via New Cargoes).
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

{UPDATED RELEASE}-Illegal Goods Tweak v1.7.1(28/04/12)

Post by Capt. Murphy »

And a bug fix release - fixes a rarely manifesting bug in the special slaves mission set-up (related to isolated systems) - https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11883
Version 1.7.1 28/4/12: Requires Oolite 1.76. Raised compatibility limits for New Cargoes to 1.06 and HyperCargo to 1.07. Fixed some bugs in the special slaves mission set-up. Thanks to richard.a.p.smith for reporting.
Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: {UPDATED RELEASE}-Illegal Goods Tweak v1.7.1(28/04/12)

Post by Switeck »

A simple typo...

04:42:04.500 [script.javaScript.exception.notDefined]: ***** JavaScript exception (illegal_goods_missions 1.7.1): ReferenceError: nissionVariables is not defined
04:42:04.500 [script.javaScript.exception.notDefined]: ../AddOns/Illegal_goods_tweak_1.7.1_2012.04.28.oxp/Scripts/illegal_goods_missions.js, line 73.
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Re: {UPDATED RELEASE}-Illegal Goods Tweak v1.7.2(25/5/12)

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Thanks Switeck - luckily a non critical bit of missionVariable tidy up.

Fixed in version 1.7.2 which is now available to download.
Version 1.7.2 - 25/5/12: Requires Oolite 1.76. Update to maintain compatibility with HyperCargo version 1.08 and above. Continues to work with HyperCargo v1.07. Minor tweaks in preparation for Oolite 1.77. Raised compatibility limit for new Cargoes to 1.1.0. Fixed non-critical typo in missions script (thanks Switeck).
Tricky
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: {UPDATED RELEASE}-Illegal Goods Tweak v1.7.2(25/5/12)

Post by Tricky »

Another typo...

from Latest.log...

15:48:01.478 [script.javaScript.exception.undefinedProp]: ***** JavaScript exception (illegal_goods_tweak 1.7.2): ReferenceError: reference to undefined property "slavesmessage"
from Debug Console...

Exception: ReferenceError: reference to undefined property "slavesmessage"
    Active script: illegal_goods_tweak 1.7.2
    illegal_goods_tweak.js, line 436:
    		else slavesmessage += ".";