Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

building the lastest trunk

Discussion and announcements regarding the Mac port… er, original version of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

harry747
Deadly
Deadly

building the lastest trunk

Post by harry747 »

hi.
after a long break i have updated my project to the latest trunk. problem is, when i try to build, i get lots of errors, like these:

/Users/harry/Projects/Xcode/Universal/Untitled/Shared/trunk/src/Core/OOTypes.h:44:0 /Users/harry/Projects/Xcode/Universal/Untitled/Shared/trunk/src/Core/OOTypes.h:44:25: error: OOViewID.tbl: No such file or directory

/Users/harry/Projects/Xcode/Universal/Untitled/Shared/trunk/src/Core/OOTypes.h:46:0 /Users/harry/Projects/Xcode/Universal/Untitled/Shared/trunk/src/Core/OOTypes.h:46: error: 'VIEW_NONE' undeclared here (not in a function)

/Users/harry/Projects/Xcode/Universal/Untitled/Shared/trunk/src/Core/OOTypes.h:134:0 /Users/harry/Projects/Xcode/Universal/Untitled/Shared/trunk/src/Core/OOTypes.h:134:30: error: OOCompassMode.tbl: No such file or directory

/Users/harry/Projects/Xcode/Universal/Untitled/Shared/trunk/src/Core/OOTypes.h:135:0 /Users/harry/Projects/Xcode/Universal/Untitled/Shared/trunk/src/Core/OOTypes.h:135: error: expected identifier before '}' token

/Users/harry/Projects/Xcode/Universal/Untitled/Shared/trunk/src/Core/OOTypes.h:139:0 /Users/harry/Projects/Xcode/Universal/Untitled/Shared/trunk/src/Core/OOTypes.h:139: error: 'COMPASS_MODE_BASIC' undeclared here (not in a function)

/Users/harry/Projects/Xcode/Universal/Untitled/Shared/trunk/src/Core/Entities/Entity.h:60:0 /Users/harry/Projects/Xcode/Universal/Untitled/Shared/trunk/src/Core/Entities/Entity.h:60:31: error: OOEntityStatus.tbl: No such file or directory

and more like these.
anyone know what is wrong here and what i can do about it? the files are on my HD, but for some reason xcode can't find them. do i need to set some path? if so, which one?

BTW, is it true that this latest version finally has support for joysticks? that would be SO cool.
Last edited by harry747 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacBook pro, OSX 10.8.5, Xcode 5
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Re: building the lastest trunk

Post by Cody »

harry747 wrote:
BTW, is it true that this latest version finally has support for joysticks? that would be SO cool.
I'm not a Mac user, but I believe this is true.
Ahruman wrote:
Mac-specific

* The Dread Sound Bug of Doom is fixed. (Bug #17214)
* Joystick support.
* Automatic update support (Sparkle).
* The Oolite Screen Shots folder can now be moved from the desktop and Oolite will continue to use it (as long as it isn’t renamed or moved to the trash).
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

harry747 wrote:
hi.
after a long break i have updated my project to the latest trunk. problem is, when i try to build, i get lots of errors, like these:
I have no real idea, but 6 weeks ago, there were made such changes to the "Oolite.xcodeproj" file, that Ahruman advised to delete it fully (and all other "xcodeproj" files). And than do a "svn up" in the terminal to get a new copy from the project files. After that you should be able to use Xcode again.

I also use a combination of OSX 10.6.6 and Xcode 3.2.5. No problems here.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

What Eric said. More specifically, quit Xcode, delete the Xcode project and update. If that doesn’t work, delete the build directory and try again.
harry747
Deadly
Deadly

Post by harry747 »

Eric Walch wrote:
I have no real idea, but 6 weeks ago, there were made such changes to the "Oolite.xcodeproj" file, that Ahruman advised to delete it fully (and all other "xcodeproj" files). And than do a "svn up" in the terminal to get a new copy from the project files. After that you should be able to use Xcode again.
i didn't want to do that. but i did and now it seems to work. thanks.

now i can try to get the file sizes down to what they used to be...

and then i'll see what happens when i target 10.6 instead of 10.5...
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Just out of interest: As the last version was released only yesterday, why don't you just download and install it instead of building yourself?
harry747
Deadly
Deadly

Post by harry747 »

El Viejo wrote:
harry747 wrote:
I'm not a Mac user, but I believe this is true.
i wish i could confirm that. my saitek doesn't work with oolite, and i can't get to the joystick configuration because it is grey. am i missing something?
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

harry747 wrote:
i wish i could confirm that. my saitek doesn't work with oolite, and i can't get to the joystick configuration because it is grey. am i missing something?
I suspect you’re building the “Oolite” target instead of “Build All”.
harry747
Deadly
Deadly

Post by harry747 »

Ahruman wrote:
harry747 wrote:
I suspect you’re building the “Oolite” target instead of “Build All”.
that's right, i wasn't. but the thing is, the last time i built all, and it still didn't work. do i need to target 10.6?
Last edited by harry747 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

As that wiki page states, you only need the RBSplitView plug-in to build old versions of Oolite.

The build failures for the Leopard support bundle are because you’ve changed the build settings for the Oolite target such that it is no longer building for all architectures, so the Leopard Features bundle (which contains joystick support) can’t link to it. You need to either reset the settings for the Oolite target, or make corresponding settings in all the targets that depend on it. My suggestions are:
  • When you’ve broken the build by making changes to build settings, please be explicit about it instead of passing it off as a problem in my carefully set up projects.
  • Instead of changing the architecture and SDK settings in the Oolite target, change them in src/Cocoa/oolite-targets.xcconfig. This is used by all the targets. If you want to make other build settings changes that should affect all components, put them here too; this will also avoid merge conflicts on the project files.
  • If you can’t fix your project, download the normal release and copy Oolite.app/Contents/PlugIns/Oolite Leopard support.bundle into your build.
harry747
Deadly
Deadly

Post by harry747 »

ok, i checked the whole thing out again, and this time i didn't change any settings. but my stick still doesn't work, and i still can't select the config menu in oolite :-(
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Is Oolite Leopard support.bundle present in Oolite.app/Contents/PlugIns?
harry747
Deadly
Deadly

Post by harry747 »

yes it is. does that mean it should work?

i just found out that there is another copy of that file in the same folder as oolite.app. is that normal?
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

harry747 wrote:
Yes. Is it plugged in? :-)
harry747 wrote:
i just found out that there is another copy of that file in the same folder as oolite.app. is that normal?
Yes, there should be a bunch of stuff in there.
harry747
Deadly
Deadly

Post by harry747 »

Ahruman wrote:
harry747 wrote:
Yes. Is it plugged in? :-)
yes, and turned on (it's a wireless stick). i can confirm that usb overdrive can see the stick. but oolite doesn't let me use the configuration menu, and it doesn't respond to any stick input.