[REL] Z-GrOovY Ship Repaints Updated 4 Trunk and 1.77.1

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Yodeebe
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [REL] Z-GrOovY paintshed presents:Griff's ships retextur

Post by Yodeebe »

just looked at the file size of the all in one, and it's just 221kb. surely it should be bigger than that?
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Oh yes... more like 90 odd MB. Bad download, or something.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
dertien
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by dertien »

@Yodeebe

Did you download from this link ? http://s248731467.onlinehome.us/griff.html , worked for me.

Little update after a week and a half of fooling around with oolite and the modding tools and what can be expected within a couple of days.

So coming up soon. The further Griffification of the OOniverse.

Replacement ships for the transports oxp. Scripts are working (unchanged from transports originally), but still some cleaning up to do and a couple of models to texture. Planning on doing some pythons too for YAH.

- Added Large Haulers YAH freighters (see screenshots) All anacondas in the 6 liveries (Tescoo, PI-42 etc...) protected by their security sidewinders. (required YAH sidewinders replacement pack if you dont have it already).
- Also added Texacoo Anaconda Supertankers protected by the boys and girls from Pitbool Security in their modded fast Sidewinders.
- Also added 2 small YAH freighters (boas) which are also working with the transports script (Tescoo and Pi 42 ).
- Added OOnion pacific, PNOo passenger ferries (lighting might need some fixing and help form Griff) and Hooneken freighters (boas) and speed ferry (moray), to the bunch as well. I would also love to add an exterior light that shines on the boas' trademark spot, but havent gotten any good results yet :|

- Planned; Oolite cola, Poopsi cola, Carlsboorg. (all pythons to diversify a bit :) )
- OOps and FedOox: in shuttles and Boa Cruisers.

(Pirates and derelict freighters will be in a different pack and wont be expected too soon.)

NOTE:
Although I am trying not to change oxp's that my mods depend upon, I find the Openstep way of setting up the shipdata.plist file a lot cleaner (and easier to browse through) than the XML way. I thus manually changed the shipdata.plist file in the latest version of transport.oxp from xml to openstep. Since there were 5 transport ships in the original transports.oxp, but there are more in mine, I could not help but change the shipdata.plist file that came with transports. I did not change anything else and even with different names the ships seem to show up fine and pick up the original scripts from the transport oxp.

I will see what I can do, this I meant with the clean up of my file, so that updates on the tranport.oxp will not interfere with the workings of my mod and vice versa.

- Replacement ship for OO-Haul.oxp

By adding 2 transporters together (one model dependent on the other) and making 2 different textures I came up with this:

I call it the Transporter Train and It has 8 slots for cargo. It works as a replacement for OO-Haul but havent tested it fully scriptwise. The models show up fine ingame and do their transport runs and offer you missions.

Then yesterday evening and today I had a go at something completely different. Instead of making liveries I got a hold of the pyton script, wings 3d and this was the result, albeit still beta and needs some texturing and effects:

It's a viper which of course is based on the model from Griff (no surprise there) but added a few things to it but still keeping it within griff design parameters. Also working on another model, but I'm keeping that to myself for now.

Still to do: more model changes coming up too ( thinking about a winged moray - the manta, and possibly 2 different model addons for the anacondas which will clearly show the freighters from the tankers) - replacement ships planned for hotrods and for randomhits.

I will release everything soon, and I am glad the forum is up again. :D
Last edited by dertien on Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:14 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Alpha Backer of Elite Dangerous
With 250 GBP :D
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Very nice as always. :D
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
dertien
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by dertien »

Smivs wrote:
Very nice as always. :D
Thank you Smivs, always a pleasure sir :D, hope Griff likes it too.

oh little question, All the freighters are being spawned and flying towards the main system base. Is there a script that makes them fly to the constore too and dock there or should I just ad a couple that have the "Freighter" role and let Oolite take care of that ? I just want to make sure I don't get an overabundance on constore freighters all of a sudden. I want to keep the game balanced as much as possible and not interfere with transports.oxp if I can help it.
Alpha Backer of Elite Dangerous
With 250 GBP :D
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Nice to see Tescoo forever branching out (art imitating life...) - very nice work!
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

Awesome work
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
Yodeebe
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Yodeebe »

Got it, thanks.
:shock:
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

dertien wrote:

oh little question, All the freighters are being spawned and flying towards the main system base. Is there a script that makes them fly to the constore too and dock there or should I just ad a couple that have the "Freighter" role and let Oolite take care of that ? I just want to make sure I don't get an overabundance on constore freighters all of a sudden. I want to keep the game balanced as much as possible and not interfere with transports.oxp if I can help it.
The ships are using the route1traderAI.plist, which normally puts them on a course for the planet. I'm sure it could be scripted that some go to the constore instead, although don't forget there may not be a constore. They only appear in certain systems, and only then if you have YAH installed.
To reduce the number of your ships, if you are staying with the inbuilt AI, just give them a low role number, such as

Code: Select all

roles = "trader(0.5)";
which will mean somewhere around 1 in 20 traders will be this type.
There is not a role of 'freighter' in the core game, but this could be custom-defined by script if you thoght it was needed.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Smivs wrote:

Code: Select all

roles = "trader(0.5)";
which will mean somewhere around 1 in 20 traders will be this type.
Nonononono.

A weight of 0.5 will make it appear half as often as the typical trader. The specific probability for a given ship depends on the sum of the weights of all ships with that role.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

I was only giving a rough idea. There are I believe nine core ships with the role 'trader', so when the game calls a trader there is a one-in-nine chance of any of those appearing. A probability of 0.5 therefore means a chance of about one-in eighteen, unless I've completely mis-understood how this works.
<waits to be put straight>
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

I like them very much. But one thing to consider. I also said it to Griff. (in a PM I believe)
The Transporter is on the wrong scale. Of course Oolite messes up scales but if you look into the size of the Transporter you see that it is actually one of the smallest ships. Look at my Wiki link:

[wiki=]http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Transp ... 8Oolite%29[/wiki]

If you then look at the windows on Griff's texture and your version you soon realize that the transporter looks by the texture as if it is nearly 200 meters in lenght (at least)

So either the shipmodel should be much bigger or the windows should be bigger. I prefer to scale the thing up to Anaconda-like size because then you won't have to change the already excellent texture. But then it is not the 'original' transporter size anymore.

Anyone else thoughts on this?
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Smivs wrote:
I was only giving a rough idea. There are I believe nine core ships with the role 'trader', so when the game calls a trader there is a one-in-nine chance of any of those appearing. A probability of 0.5 therefore means a chance of about one-in eighteen, unless I've completely mis-understood how this works.
That’s completely wrong!

It’s one in nineteen. :-)

Expecting a specific probability would be bad, though, since most people will be running some random combination of other OXPs.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Ahruman wrote:
Smivs wrote:
That’s completely wrong!

It’s one in nineteen. :-)

Expecting a specific probability would be bad, though, since most people will be running some random combination of other OXPs.

:D
And how dare people use OXPs!
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Smivs wrote:
One-in-nineteen, to be precise, because you now have the nine core ships plus one ship with half probability.

However, for every OXP trader the sum becomes bigger. Maybe a player has a total of 30 traders installed. Maybe some of them have very small or very big role probabilities. So you can't say what the added probabilities for any player will be. Therefore you can't say what the relation of 0.5 (or any given single probability number) to the total will be. You only can say (as Ahruman did) that 0.5 is half of the default 1.