[REL] Z-GrOovY Ship Repaints Updated 4 Trunk and 1.77.1

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

dertien
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [REL] Z-GrOovY paintshed presents:Griff's ships retextur

Post by dertien »

Smivs wrote:
Yodeebe wrote:
...that was a reference to 'Dutchy Originals' which is a biscuit company (among other things) of the Dutchy of Cornwall, run by our future king, to keep him out of mischief while he waits for his mum to die.
Couldn't have put it better myself. :lol:

:lol: awesome
Alpha Backer of Elite Dangerous
With 250 GBP :D
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Duchy Originals do make exceptionally good cookies, though... but I'm not allowed to buy them on principle.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Yodeebe
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Yodeebe »

Apparently he sends her a packet of 'flavoured' ones every Christmas, to try & move things along a bit, but without any obvious effect, apart from 2 dead dogs:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... o-die.html

not that I usually quote The Sun, but....
"The Queen feeds them from the table with titbits and even mixes up some cooked meats, biscuits and gravy every tea-time, which she puts in silver bowls. "

...Allegedly.

sorry, badly off topic, although possibly entertaining for the feline races. :wink:

dutchy of Cornwall. PAH.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Let's stay off-topic for a while :D
Prince Charles apparently has the following titles:-
From Wikipedia.
His Royal Highness The Prince Charles Philip Arthur George, Prince of Wales and Earl of Chester, Duke of Cornwall, Duke of Rothesay, Earl of Carrick, Baron of Renfrew, Lord of the Isles and Prince and Great Steward of Scotland, Knight of the Garter, Knight of the Thistle, Knight Grand Cross of the Order of Bath, Member of the Order of Merit, Knight of the Order of Australia, Companion of the Queen's Service Order, Privy Counsellor, Personal Aide-de-Camp to Her Majesty.
Is he the man who put the 'Tit' in Title? :wink:
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
dertien
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by dertien »

Smivs wrote:
Let's stay off-topic for a while :D
Prince Charles apparently has the following titles:-
From Wikipedia.
His Royal Highness The Prince Charles Philip Arthur George, Prince of Wales and Earl of Chester, Duke of Cornwall, Duke of Rothesay, Earl of Carrick, Baron of Renfrew, Lord of the Isles and Prince and Great Steward of Scotland, Knight of the Garter, Knight of the Thistle, Knight Grand Cross of the Order of Bath, Member of the Order of Merit, Knight of the Order of Australia, Companion of the Queen's Service Order, Privy Counsellor, Personal Aide-de-Camp to Her Majesty.
Is he the man who put the 'Tit' in Title? :wink:
@ Yodeebe: Priceless knowledge there. :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's probably the reason why those guys have thick wallets :D . You need one hell of a business card to fit all that crap on there. A good thing there are websites like wikipedia so his lordship can keep track of important things he has achieved. :roll:
Last edited by dertien on Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CheeseRedux
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CheeseRedux »

Yodeebe wrote:
... he waits for his mum to die.
I think his mum has enough common sense in her that the waiting is reciprocated.
"Actually this is a common misconception... I do *not* in fact have a lot of time on my hands at all! I just have a very very very very bad sense of priorities."
--Dean C Engelhardt
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

El Viejo wrote:
dertien wrote:
Thank You Smivs, for beeing a gentleman you are rewarded with a cookie.
Would that be a Doochy Originals oaten trumble cookie, by any chance?
Recently sold to Waitrose* and therefore nothing to do with KiW** any more.

*or Holdlily the Oolite equivalent

** King in Waiting
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
dertien
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by dertien »

{WIP}

On a different note I hope the transport jocks will enjoy this. As a first in a row of Boas I present the "hooneken" version. we're gonna need a whole lot of horses to fill this one up. :D

Planned are these:

- Oopsi Cola and Oo-Lite
- FOonta, SprOot or 7-Oop (dunno if anybody made up the ads yet which would save me some work)
- Constore Freighters All 6 of them and possibly ILDI too (Sainsboory's, Tescoo etc...)
- the carriers Oops and Fed-Oox.
- maybe a Carlsboorg a BOodwiser or a GuinOoss.
- a Texacoo, Castrool and an Essoo tanker maybe as well.
- a few rusty pirate ones too in different colors and with.
- any other suggestions are appreciated folks. (please provide me with the "real company" website in order to see what colours I should use in case it's not Oobvious)

Screenshots:

Going out for a real beer soon. Cu guys later and enjoy ur weekend.
CheeseRedux
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CheeseRedux »

dertien wrote:
- a few rusty pirate ones too in different colors.
Are you planning on doing this as rusty versions of the company haulers, or just generally rusty?
I'm envisioning a scenario where a hauler was attacked, the pilot ejected and the pirates salvaged the ship to use for their own nefarious ends. Being pirates, they see no reason to spend credits on a whole new paint job (maybe just a few added decorations akin to the [wiki]Renegade_Viper[/wiki]), so you can still make out the Hooneken logo (& paint scheme) beneath the rust and grime. If that wasn't the plan, consider it suggested! :D

One more thought: I'm not into the technical aspects of these things (Griff, that's your cue), but if it's possible to make things in some sort of layers, then making a few rust&dirt layers and then have the game randomly pick one to apply to a randomly selected company hauler could produce a lot of variation for a relatively modest effort. (Says the guy who will end up expending exactly no effort...) A rust-pattern decal collection of sorts?
"Actually this is a common misconception... I do *not* in fact have a lot of time on my hands at all! I just have a very very very very bad sense of priorities."
--Dean C Engelhardt
dertien
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by dertien »

CheeseRedux wrote:
dertien wrote:
- a few rusty pirate ones too in different colors.
Are you planning on doing this as rusty versions of the company haulers, or just generally rusty?
I'm envisioning a scenario where a hauler was attacked, the pilot ejected and the pirates salvaged the ship to use for their own nefarious ends. Being pirates, they see no reason to spend credits on a whole new paint job (maybe just a few added decorations akin to the [wiki]Renegade_Viper[/wiki]), so you can still make out the Hooneken logo (& paint scheme) beneath the rust and grime. If that wasn't the plan, consider it suggested! :D

Ha ! you mean this ? :D (yep I was planning on doing rusty versions from coorporation ones and maybe one or two pure rustbuckets only. Prices in the shipyard will vary too according to the state of the hull - rusties beeing cheaper - Maybe we can even force a 3 month necessary overhaul with those instead of an annual one. Dunno about coding that much)

One more thought: I'm not into the technical aspects of these things (Griff, that's your cue), but if it's possible to make things in some sort of layers, then making a few rust&dirt layers and then have the game randomly pick one to apply to a randomly selected company hauler could produce a lot of variation for a relatively modest effort. (Says the guy who will end up expending exactly no effort...) A rust-pattern decal collection of sorts?
Yep, thought of that, but I will need Griffs help with that issue. Maybe if he's interested enough he might bring it up sometime. I was even thinking about more decals (like the anarchy decal on the boa above for example and sharkteeth). I was even thinking of confining the cargo as I can't imagine Hooneken boas transporting computers. I'll have to look into that as well.

LaterZ

Steve
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

I think some of those brand names are unique to your imagination - I can probably find you a list of ads that already exist (and if any of them are my more recent ones I'll have higher res versions of what's on the board) (but not Oops or FedOox - I didn't know how to use GIMP when I did Oops so I blended the pixels by hand on the 256x128 image one pixel at a time!)
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Killer Wolf »

surprised there's not a ROot Beer one, that name works well!
Yodeebe
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Yodeebe »

hiya. not sure what i've done wrong here, but It's not quite working right.

1st up, i had lots of individual griff ships, not the all in one, so i removed all the individuals, & installed the all in one.
result: no griff ships :/

if I put all the individual ones back in, I get griff ships, but just in plain silver colour.
put shaders on, and I get the logos too, but only faint, being white ink on silver.

any ideas? might be an issue with my copy of griff all in one?
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Silly question...did you hold down 'shift' when you started the game to clear the cache?
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Yodeebe
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Yodeebe »

yup. still no griff ships with the all in one.