[REL] Z-GrOovY Ship Repaints Updated 4 Trunk and 1.77.1

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

dertien
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [WIP] Custom GRIFF Cobra MK 3 - new skin(s) for the MK3

Post by dertien »

I really think you (or some charitable soul with the right knowledge) should set up a Wiki page in the line of Griff Industries for you work.
I had a walkabout on the wiki yesterday, I will send a pm to Winston asap, and start putting everything online there. It will keep the threads on the BB cleaner and everything will indeed be centralized. Damn, where's my secretary ?

Let me send a nice PM to the good chap.

Steve
Alpha Backer of Elite Dangerous
With 250 GBP :D
dertien
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by dertien »

Gimi wrote:
It seems to me that you are trying to Dertienify and Griffify the Ooniverse by making custom versions for every role you can think of. (Not a bad thing).
Anyway, as you are now making custom versions of Griffs ships, I really think you (or some charitable soul with the right knowledge) should set up a Wiki page in the line of Griff Industries for you work. Might I suggest CUDER G-Works as a potential name for you enterprise.
As in Custom Dertien Griff Works.

Would be great to have all your work in one place with all the dependencies documented.

I have sent a pm to Winston for a wiki login and password. I'll start editing as soon as that is fixed.

Steve
Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Gimi »

dertien wrote:
I have sent a pm to Winston for a wiki login and password. I'll start editing as soon as that is fixed.

Steve
Brilliant. Now remember that developing OXP's (from my selfish point of view) does have priority. Really like what you are doing. Looking forward to seeing Pythons and Boas with Constore vinyls flying around. (something has to resupply these places).

Impressive, what you have done with the Cobra by the way. :shock: Some of those pilots must have been high when they placed their order for a new paint job with you. :lol:
"A brilliant game of blasting and trading... Truly a mega-game... The game of a lifetime."
(Gold Medal Award, Zzap!64 May 1985).
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

@Derien

All I can say is WOW! bloody well done!
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

Cracking work dertien. Are you Dutch btw. Because dertien means 13?
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
dertien
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by dertien »

I think I am going to end up throwing all reskins in one thread, that will keep me and a number of other people happy here and less busy too I'm sure.

@Pagroove: Nope, but you're close, I am Flemish from Belgium and dertien is indeed 13 (that's not my age however, but my lucky number :D )

@TGHC: Thank you, appreciate the comment, hope you enjoy playing them as much as I loved making them.

@Gimi

Boas, Anacondas etc... with Constore vinyls are coming up as well as tanker configuration (think Texacoo, Essoo) and freighters configuration (think OoPS, Volvoo etc...) and some other less crazy paintjobs and rusty ones too.

Can't blame them for being high... maybe it was me :wink:

screenshot time ladies and gents: 16 of the 28 cobra paint jobs in all their colorful glory.

Cobra Mk 3 (some skins) - Both done in Hi res (player ship) and low res (NPC)

Hi-res (player ship versions)

The harder to skin Cobra MK 1 (alpha- needs a more metallic texture, this is far too manga to my taste)

Redid weathered versions (and better ones too) of the Sidewinder Pack. (see thread)
Redid weathered version of the Moray Star Taxi:

Downloads coming soon ( I am on a 3g network now with one of these !@#$% 3G usb stick modems). Gonna go see my friend soon and I can upload free from there. Besides I have to do some debugging as well. It's nicer to be able to upload a whole package instead of doing it one by one. It downloads more comfortably too.

Steve
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

Ooh! More eye candy! :D
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

dertien wrote:

Steve
I'm not sure the prestigious YellOo Cab Co would allow their cabbies to let their taxis get in such a dilapidated condition! :D
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Can I see a hint of the Castrool logo on the lower Moray Taxi?

These would be really good if they could be scripted to appear in systems where the systems description mentioned "Oceans" (fabulous or other wise) - since the Moray is an amphibious/space capable ship you'd see more of these perhaps in Systems where you could be taken straight down to your sea-side resort (surface or sub-surface)
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
dertien
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by dertien »

Smivs wrote:
dertien wrote:

Steve
I'm not sure the prestigious YellOo Cab Co would allow their cabbies to let their taxis get in such a dilapidated condition! :D

Guess were gonna need someone to program us a cabwash.oxp... Something up your alley Smivs ? :D
dertien
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by dertien »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
Can I see a hint of the Castrool logo on the lower Moray Taxi?

These would be really good if they could be scripted to appear in systems where the systems description mentioned "Oceans" (fabulous or other wise) - since the Moray is an amphibious/space capable ship you'd see more of these perhaps in Systems where you could be taken straight down to your sea-side resort (surface or sub-surface)

Yep, alas my coding skills are pretty much the copy/paste and screw it up for the third time kind of thing. What would be cool too is to have a script that would show different cab styles/colours in different systems. For example tech 3 systems would sport dirty cabs and tech 8 and up would have clean cabs. Just an idea here... I don't know enough of Oolite to know if this can be done.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

dertien wrote:
Yep, alas my coding skills are pretty much the copy/paste and screw it up for the third time kind of thing. What would be cool too is to have a script that would show different cab styles/colours in different systems. For example tech 3 systems would sport dirty cabs and tech 8 and up would have clean cabs. Just an idea here... I don't know enough of Oolite to know if this can be done.
You will find that there is very little indeed that cannot be done in Oolite.

Shorter answer: Yes, it can be done.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Yep, try having different textures available, like_ship to them and set where you want them using 'Conditions' in the shipdata.plist.

Code: Select all

conditions = (
		"systemEconomy_number lessthan 4",
		"systemGovernment_number greaterthan 5"
		);
will put them in the 'top' systems (Industrial Corporate States and Democracies) only, for example.
dertien
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by dertien »

Smivs wrote:
Yep, try having different textures available, like_ship to them and set where you want them using 'Conditions' in the shipdata.plist.

Code: Select all

conditions = (
		"systemEconomy_number lessthan 4",
		"systemGovernment_number greaterthan 5"
		);
will put them in the 'top' systems (Industrial Corporate States and Democracies) only, for example.

I sense an update coming up there .... :roll: :)

So All I need to do is make 2 variants clean and dirty with different skins in the shipdata file and add the code you mentioned above to it with different values ? sounds easy enough (cough!).

Ok to clarify. If I want NPC's with dirty cabs in a low tech systems and NPC's with a clean cab in high tech systems 8 and up would that work too. Not just being able to buy dirty cabs in low tech and clean cabs in high tech systems. Both would be cool since I could port that code to the MK3 variety pack too.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Re: [REL] Z-GrOovY paintshed presents:Griff's ships retextur

Post by Smivs »

Two variants, clean and dirty, one the principle ship and the other like-ship'd to it, and place the conditions in each ship's shipdata.plist entry.