[REL] Z-GrOovY Ship Repaints Updated 4 Trunk and 1.77.1

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Duggan
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [REL] Z-GrOovY paintshed Viper Sentinel WIP screenshots

Post by Duggan »

I don't seem to be able to get the patch to fix the issue of the dark ship and with the advent of the recent Z Groovy Cobra Mk I find myself lamenting somewhat the absence of an accompanying Cobra Mk III respray as screen shotted in this thread . :)
Flying Python Class Cruiser, Chapter & Verse IV
dertien
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [REL] Z-GrOovY paintshed Viper Sentinel WIP screenshots

Post by dertien »

Hi Duggan, try this complete Cobbie 3 variety pack, will update on the main page too https://app.box.com/shared/y3lmgq3gai

This one will work with Trunk and 1.77.1

Hope this helps
Alpha Backer of Elite Dangerous
With 250 GBP :D
Duggan
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [REL] Z-GrOovY Ship Repaints Updated 4 Trunk and 1.77.1

Post by Duggan »

Yes this works a treat thank you. :)
Flying Python Class Cruiser, Chapter & Verse IV
JJP
Average
Average

Post by JJP »

I like the paintwork!. In my log I found this entry:

Code: Select all

16:29:50.592 [shipData.load.shipyard.unknown]: ----- WARNING: the shipyard.plist entry "griff_normalmapped_sidewinder_alt_player_dora" does not have a corresponding shipdata.plist entry, ignoring.
It happens you use "griff_normalmapped_sidewinder_alt_player_doris" for your D-model entry in the shipdata.plist. A small, but easily rectifiable error.
dertien
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by dertien »

JJP wrote:
I like the paintwork!. In my log I found this entry:

16:29:50.592 [shipData.load.shipyard.unknown]: ----- WARNING: the shipyard.plist entry "griff_normalmapped_sidewinder_alt_player_dora" does not have a corresponding shipdata.plist entry, ignoring.
It happens you use "griff_normalmapped_sidewinder_alt_player_doris" for your D-model entry in the shipdata.plist. A small, but easily rectifiable error.

Thanks for spotting, rectified and updated. Ta !
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Hello Dertien,

Got this one in my log while browsing the ship shop. Oolite 1.77.1, cobra 3 variety pack 1.34.

17:25:51.839 [shader.compile.failure]: ***** ERROR: GLSL fragment shader compilation failed for Z_GrOovy_cobra_mk3_player.fragment:
>>>>> GLSL log:
0(179) : error C1008: undefined variable "color"
0(179) : error C1008: undefined variable "color"
0(212) : error C1008: undefined variable "color"
0(220) : error C1008: undefined variable "color"
0(223) : error C1008: undefined variable "color"

17:25:51.839 [shader.load.fullModeFailed]: ----- WARNING: Could not build shader griff_normalmap_ships.vertex/Z_GrOovy_cobra_mk3_player.fragment in full 
complexity mode, trying simple mode.
17:25:51.839 [shader.load.fallbackSuccess]: Simple mode fallback successful.
Hacklin
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post by Hacklin »

@dertien

Bug Report:
in OXP: Z_GrOovy_Sidewinder_Variety_Pack.oxp.zip (player only) {updated: 25-01-2014}
in file:Z_GrOovy_Sidewinder_Variety_Pack.oxp/Config/shipyard.plist

Log:
"
[shipData.load.shipyard.unknown]: ----- WARNING: the shipyard.plist entry "griff_normalmapped_sidewinder_alt_player_dora" does not have a corresponding shipdata.plist entry, ignoring.
"

Problem:
Typo: Dora instead of Doris.

Fix:
in file: Z_GrOovy_Sidewinder_Variety_Pack.oxp/Config/shipyard.plist
change: "griff_normalmapped_sidewinder_alt_player_dora"
to: "griff_normalmapped_sidewinder_alt_player_doris"

Thank you.
CaptSolo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CaptSolo »

Dertien, if you are reading this, there is a question about which resources / software you used to created the new skins that you applied to Griff's Cobra III and other of his ship set? By the way, I think they are fantastic!
dertien
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by dertien »

Subject: [REL] Z-GrOovY Ship Repaints Updated 4 Trunk and 1.77.1
CaptSolo wrote:
Dertien, if you are reading this, there is a question about which resources / software you used to created the new skins that you applied to Griff's Cobra III and other of his ship set? By the way, I think they are fantastic!
Hello CaptSolo, and other potential variety pack makers:

Please apologize for the late reply.

I use Gimpshop http://www.gimpshop.com/ (since I used to work with Photoshop at work and the shortcut keys are second nature to me) combined with photoshop icons (http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/ ... ent=159293 for the creation of textures; and if you google "abstract wallpapers" you will find plenty of wallpapers that can be used to cut out different templates out of and paste on top of Griff's excellent craft texures. If you would like to have a go at it, simply download Griffs resource files at Griff industries' box site, and create masks of the parts you would like to add the abstract wallpaper stuff onto.

For tutorials I would recommend to look into youtube and search for:

- Paste Into command (copy the whole abstract wallpaper layer into the selected template layers you have created). Opening this file in Gimpshop will give you a good idea of what I did: https://app.box.com/s/rfm41kr96cl5onqsnwnf I created the red overlay and copied different abstract wallpapers into it to make the different cobbies. I then added some decals (8-ball, mickey mouse, whatever looks good an put them on the right spot.
- Lasso tool and rectangle select tool: to create the templates
- Selecting layers, layer order , Hiding layers and changing modes: Disolve, screen, overlay, dodge and so forth, for different effects.
- Bucket Fill tool (to create the colored templates after selection with the lasso) and airbrush tool with medium opacity to create "dirty areas" using a "speckled brush"

Look into making masks also and "paste into" command for GIMP on youtube. It also pays off to work with different layers and play with the opacity/alpha and the modes under "tool options" in Gimpshop. Also play with the layer order as well, and the visibility of layers using the eye icon in the layers menu. If you get familiar with those commands, you should get a pretty good idea on how I did the 3 packs.

A full tutorial would be really overkill at the moment, so sorry about that buddy. But knowing this, you should be able to get some results.

If you would like to make new skins for craft that I haven't made, this is pretty much the way to go: Download Griff's resource files for the ship you like and proceed as follows:
Open the file, create new layers and select areas needed using the lasso tool (click and release for polygonal lasso to select from edge to edge) so, instead of holding the mouse button down to freehand the selection you just select that tool and let go of the mouse button every time you go from one edge to the other. Search for "polygonal lasso tool in gimp" on youtube, and you will know what to use in the Gimp.

The Cobra Mk 1 is kind of a pain in the ass to copy paste into, since you will need to copy back and forth to make both cut out parts lign up. This may sound like Chinese at the moment, but once you experiment with the Cobbie Mk1 texture files you will see what I mean.

PS; I have put ALL files, including the Griff resource files I used in the folder below; it is self explanatory:

Some files have not been released, if you fancy making a "Boa pack" or an "Asp pack" please do so, just credit me where due.

Have fun with the files.

Ta.

https://app.box.com/s/46n9jxe50x7pwzm27qtk
Last edited by dertien on Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
dertien
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by dertien »

@Hacklin

Thank you for spotting; rectified now!

@Spara, don't really know what causes that error buddy, If anyone has any suggestions I'll be glad to oblige.