Struggling with a game play issue.

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Re: Struggling with a game play issue.

Post by Thargoid »

Also don't forget that a mil laser has a significantly longer range than a beam or a pulse. So with a little practice you can kill things at range before they've even had a chance to fire back. So groups of pirates can become singles or only a couple before they even get a chance to make mischief...
luminous
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by luminous »

Thargoid wrote:
Also don't forget that a mil laser has a significantly longer range than a beam or a pulse. So with a little practice you can kill things at range before they've even had a chance to fire back. So groups of pirates can become singles or only a couple before they even get a chance to make mischief...
Ah, thats cool. I did not know about the range thing. Cannot wait for my new joystick to arrive, trying to aim with keys at long range is not that easy :(
Poro
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Poro »

luminous wrote:
Ah, thats cool. I did not know about the range thing. Cannot wait for my new joystick to arrive, trying to aim with keys at long range is not that easy :(
Which is the main reason I switched to mouse control. Now that the dead zone has been removed from the mouse, incredibly precise aiming at long range is possible for me (as an ex-keyboarder).
Last edited by Poro on Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

luminous wrote:
Pythons take the whole heat bar at close range to knock down. So when I am getting attacked by a couple of Pythons, an Asp, Tiger and a Mamba things tend to get hot quickly.
You're right, Pythons are tougher, and so is the Tiger (has a nasty habit of using its injectors to flee as well). Only the smaller ships are really easy prey.