Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Mission order in Galaxy 4?

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Mauiby de Fug
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Mission order in Galaxy 4?

Post by Mauiby de Fug »

Okay, so missions available in Galaxy 4 are:
Nova
Lovecats
Deposed
Trident Down

What is the best order to attempt to do these missions in? And how do they interact with the Nova mission? On the wiki it says that Deposed triggers Nova, and that Lovecats needs Nova to have been completed, whereas in Lovecats' readme it says that it this is not necessary and may be better to do it before Nova. I also vaguely think I remember seeing that Lovecats requires a jump to Gal 5 to complete, although I may be remembering wrongly...

Nova also requires a Galactic Hyperdrive and supposedly requires a galactic jump to complete (although I've seen posts saying that people have found a way around that - I'll have to see if I can work it out when I get there!).

Now, I want to complete all of these missions before moving to Galaxy 5, and I don't like doing more than one mission at a time.

Can anybody tell me the best way to tackle these?!
X
Above Average
Above Average

Post by X »

You can do the Nova mission before Deposed. Deposed merely sets the mission to start if you haven't completed it yet.

I'd save Trident Down for last or do it along the way while completing the others. It's the longest one I've seen and the difficulty increases with each sub-mission.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Hope this helps...
Gur Abin zvffvba qbrf abeznyyl vaibyir n Tnynpgvp Whzc. Nygubhtu gurer ner jnlf gb nibvq guvf vg abeznyyl unccraf 'ol nppvqrag' fb qba'g eryl ba vg. Va bgure jbeqf qb gur bgure zvffvbaf svefg hayrff lbh jnag gb svaq lbhefrys va T5 unys jnl guebhtu. V qba'g xabj nobhg Ybirpngf naq gur Tnynpgvp Whzc.
rot13 encrypted.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Mauiby de Fug
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Mauiby de Fug »

Thanks for the info, guys!

I've been searching through the forums and can't find anything related to Lovecats and changing galaxy. I must be remembering things wrongly.

I'm going to try them in this order: Lovecats, Deposed, Trident Down. I'll deal with Nova if/when it pops up. If the worst comes to the worst, I'll do a galaxy-round trip to come back to the start!