Liners OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Re: [RELEASE] Liners OXP

Post by Thargoid »

And just to comment that whilst the OXP does come with its own small populator script (at least it did last time I saw a beta version ;) ), it is also compatible with BigShips.oxp (if that is detected then the OXP populator is disabled).

I would recommend using BigShips as that way if additional OXPs which add larger vessels are used, you won't get overpopulation in more high-tech or busy systems.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

There have been a couple of bugfixes made to this OXP since release yesterday (mostly relating to escape capsules orientation on launch), so I have just re-named the OXP to v1.1 and uploaded an updated version.
These issues will not affect the 'normal' working of the OXP so those with the earlier version probably won't need to update unless you want to.
Thre is also still one known outstanding issue to fix, but again it is not likely to have any obvious adverse affects, and another bugfix will be released at some point.
Nineteen downloads were made on day one.....thank you :)
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Smivs wrote:
There have been a couple of bugfixes made to this OXP since release yesterday (mostly relating to escape capsules orientation on launch), so I have just re-named the OXP to v1.1 and uploaded an updated version.
These issues will not affect the 'normal' working of the OXP so those with the earlier version probably won't need to update unless you want to.
Thre is also still one known outstanding issue to fix, but again it is not likely to have any obvious adverse affects, and another bugfix will be released at some point.
Nineteen downloads were made on day one.....thank you :)
I just remembered one other 'bug'. Not really a bug, as it could be an intentional choice. Currently there is no pirate-victim-roles.plist included. So the pirates will never try to attack one of the liners. I just remembered that yesterday when a few pirates started attacking the liners, but that was because I have the bigShip populator installed. That calls for the ships in a different role that does exist on the victim-list.

Better wait with further releases, as there are likely more to come :P . And none is really serious.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

OK, we've been rumbled! :oops:
There is an un-corrected issue with the Dock of the Aurora Liner. There is something wrong with it, but nobody has yet got round to sorting it out. In a nutshell, if you auto dock, the computer takes you through the front of the ship not the back, and the whole thing looks really weird. My guess is the dock is back-to-front or something.
My rather pathetic attempt to 'hide' this by commenting-out the shipdata.plist lines

Code: Select all

//		allows_auto_docking = true;
//		allows_fast_docking = true;
		is_carrier = true;
failed dismally - I'm guessing that these default to 'true' anyway and I should have set them to 'false'.
So, anyway, it will get fixed in time for the next full update, and in the meanwhile, if you come across an Aurora, try docking with it :wink: It's quite a bizarre experience. :D
It's not a bug, it's a feature!
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Not seen a liner yet. What type of systems should I be looking for them in?
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

They are quite rare, so just keep looking. Some are restricted to 'safer' systems, but within reason you could see one pretty much anywhere.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

If you don't already have it installed, adding bigships.oxp might make them a little more frequent.
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Smivs wrote:
There is an un-corrected issue with the Dock of the Aurora Liner. There is something wrong with it, but nobody has yet got round to sorting it out. In a nutshell, if you auto dock, the computer takes you through the front of the ship not the back, and the whole thing looks really weird. My guess is the dock is back-to-front or something.

If you come across an Aurora, try docking with it :wink: It's quite a bizarre experience. :D
It's not a bug, it's a feature!
Yes, just come across the Aurora, Galaxy Queen at Tioranin (average agricultural, TL7, G1). Docking computer took me through the bridge and during the passage through the ship I took the following photo:

Docking from inside an Aurora by JazHaz, on Flickr

EDIT: looks like the dock is back-to-front, well from the evidence above it does!
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
Cheers,
Drew.
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

JazHaz wrote:
...looks like the dock is back-to-front, well from the evidence above it does!
Yeah, that's my theory. We should look at it sometime, but you must admit it's entertaining, so who knows, the amazing new 'matter displacement discrete docking system' might even stay in. :)
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

Yep the Auroa was and is a bit broken but we thought that it was a too nice ship to leave it out.
BTW I noticed that the liners are rarer than in the development version.
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

Smivs wrote:
Yes the dock is placed with the front to the front. Oolite does not look at openings or similar in the dock model. For Oolite its just a square box. When you want it to dock in the back, just rotate it 180 degree. Look for example at the behemoth type 2
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Is it possible that liners could have passengers wanting passage like in the main station's F8/F8 screen? Or failing that, scripted taxi missions?
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
Cheers,
Drew.
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

You can definitely have scripted taxi missions, and you can also create a pod that, when scooped, says 'I'm so-and-so, and I'll pay you well if you take me to system X within Y days, and adds a scripted passenger to your ship. You do have to have an empty passenger cabin, otherwise no can do.
And yes, you can award passenger cabins on the fly too, provided there's enough empty cargo space.

Just like dominoes! :)
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Is this OXP still being worked on? I would like a fix for the docking problems on one of the ships!

I'm also wondering, could it be possible for the script to be altered so that when a liner reaches the station aegis, it launches shuttles which dock to the station, and for other shuttles to launch from the station and dock with the liner? Obviously only the liners with a dock!
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
Cheers,
Drew.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

JazHaz wrote:
I'm also wondering, could it be possible for the script to be altered so that when a liner reaches the station aegis, it launches shuttles which dock to the station, and for other shuttles to launch from the station and dock with the liner? Obviously only the liners with a dock!
Sounds like a good idea. I like it. :D