Liners OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

dybal
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Liners OXP

Post by dybal »

I think we have a misunderstanding here (emphasis mine):
cbr wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:26 pm
the shipdata.plist doesnot contain the words 'medium' or 'freighter' mentioned in viewtopic.php?f=6&t=20714&p=271187 for any of the liners ships. :?
I believe the proposed alterations are to shiplibrary.plist
cbr
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by cbr »

Aargh, I was staring blind on the rolebit. :oops:
Never touched a shiplibrary.plist as of yet :)
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Inspired by https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.ph ... 52#p274552:
So, there we were, whizzing around the bottom left hand corner of Galaxy One. We'd arrived at Larais (from Laeden) with a safe stashed with gold, platinum etc. Araminta spotted one of those Emerald-class liners and wished to put her rather elegant nose into one or two of the onboard boutiques. So Benedict heaved the old ship around and we made for the liner. We docked, Araminta made her way to the mercantile section and Benedict and I toddled over to one of the jewellers with an eye to selling the contents of the safe. We had a rather nice dinner in the lounge and then embarked back onboard the Theology of Arithmetic to make our way to Larais Main Orbital to see the sights, such as they are. When we launched, we found (shock! horror!) that we were back at Laeden.

The point is this: there was no warning Tannoy announcement - not when we requested docking clearance, not when we ported, not even when we disembarked. And certainly not when we were wandering around in the liner itself.

We have remonstrated with the liner's managing company - Sooga Cruises of Xexedi, but Benedict is expecting nothing other than a pro-forma reply.

Does this really belong in BigShips.oxp?
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

Cholmondely wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:22 am
Does this really belong in BigShips.oxp?
BigShips.oxp is assigning new AI's to ships too big to dock at a station, so I guess it make sense for liners. :wink:
Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going.