I made myself a hud

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Zireael
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: I made myself a hud

Post by Zireael »

Is that modified fighter HUD available for download? Looks nice too, you're really skilled in making HUDs...
lave
Deadly
Deadly
Location: Deep in Leesti space mining asteroids for a living.

Post by lave »

Zireael wrote:
Is that modified fighter HUD available for download? Looks nice too, you're really skilled in making HUDs...
Thanks.

It is not available to download but I am willing to send it to anyone that wants it. It is already zipped and on my hard drive.
However it will only fit a screen res of 1366x768 when played in full screen mode.

It can be shrunk down to fit smaller screen sizes but you will need to do a lot of trial and error to get the right fit for your screen.
It is not impossible to do though.

I was going to change my screen res to the smaller sizes and make a hud.oxp to fit each screen res, but I really don't have time to do so at the moment.

If you want it then I will email it to you.
snork
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by snork »

Hej,
I do not get the joystick sensitivity indicator showing up on this hud.

For the vanilla Oolite hud, I just uncomment the relevant part in the hud.plist - works fine.

For this hud, I tried to transplant the part from the Oolite hud.plist (openstep) into this hud's hud.plist (XML), changing the x and y coordinates so the indicator would show where I painted the orange circle into the screenshot. (plus changing height and width to 16, so it would be in-size with the scoop and zoom indicators)

My idea was that the scanner's x coordinate means the center of the scanner ?
The scanner is set to x = -13 , the scoop indicator is set to x = -120 and y = -214 .
So I thought I take the same y coordinate as for the scoop indicator, and for the x coordinate, using the scanner's x-coordinate as "axis for reflection" (term?), I should calculate x = -(-120 - (-13)) -13 = 94.

Nothing to be seen nowhere, also not with some other wildly chosen values I tried. And of course I have no idea where I messed up. :?

I am working on the yellowhud.plist and Oolite is set to always-flush-cache - so it is not that.

Code: Select all

<dict><!-- stick sensitivity indicator -->
				<key>alpha</key>
				<real>1</real>
				<key>selector</key>
				<string>drawStickSensitivityIndicator:</string>
				<key>height</key>
				<integer>16</integer>
				<key>width</key>
				<integer>16</integer>
				<key>x</key>
				<integer>94</integer>
				<key>y</key>
				<integer>-214</integer>
			</dict>
The only log errors are :
[debugTCP.disconnect]: No connection to debug console: "Connection to debug console failed: 'Es konnte keine Verbindung hergestellt werden, da der Zielcomputer die Verbindung verweigerte.

' (outStream status: 7, inStream status: 7)."
01:19:10.734 [debugTCP.disconnect]: No connection to debug console: "Connection to debug console failed: 'unknown error.' (outStream status: 0, inStream status: 0)."
01:19:10.734 [debugTCP.connect.failed]: Failed to connect to debug console at address 127.0.0.1:8563.

and : [general.error.parameterError]: Non-power-of-two dimensions (1x1) passed to OOGenerateMipMaps() - ignoring, data will be junk.

plus a complaint from some subset of YAH-crippled-by-me : 02:50:22.406 [script.load.notFound]: ***** Could not find a script file named yah_asteroid-billboard-setup.js.
wich does not seem to matter, I still get the billboards.

hm.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

I always struggle to 'read' XML, but it looks to me that you've put it well over to the left side of the HUD. The y-axis position at -214. To the right of the scanner are positive numbers, to the left, minus numbers. Try 214 instead and (hopefully) it will be close to where you want it, although my instincts tell me that may be too far to the right...110 - 150 might be nearer to where you want it.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
sdrubble
Deadly
Deadly

Post by sdrubble »

@snork,

maybe this post could help you a bit ?

Mostly items 6 thru 6F. This all deals mostly with the GUIs in a HUD, but the positioning principles remain the same.

Good luck :D
snork
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by snork »

sdrubble wrote:
@snork,

maybe this post could help you a bit ?

Mostly items 6 thru 6F. This all deals mostly with the GUIs in a HUD, but the positioning principles remain the same. Good luck :D
sadly not, as this hud does not use x_origin or y_origin.
I assume this is why it is meant to be used for some aspect ratio only (16:10, I think, but works ok for 16:9).

but I found me a nice quote for my signature there in that topic. :D
Smivs wrote:
I always struggle to 'read' XML, but it looks to me that you've put it well over to the left side of the HUD. The y-axis position at -214. To the right of the scanner are positive numbers, to the left, minus numbers. Try 214 instead and (hopefully) it will be close to where you want it, although my instincts tell me that may be too far to the right...110 - 150 might be nearer to where you want it.
:shock:
but x is for horizontal, y for vertical ? Or not ? Arrgh!
(the y=-214 coming from the original working-well hud's scoop indicator positioning)

Arrgh - now I need a coffee!

Maybe I should try to "translate" the working hud plists into openstep style first.