Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Favourite ship.

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

OneoftheLost
Deadly
Deadly

Re: Favourite ship.

Post by OneoftheLost »

Well, I couldn't resist, and edited an extra save file with some cash, and went hunting for the Fer-De-Lance (FDR). Once I got my hands on one, I iron-assed it the best I could, and picked a fight with the local police.

Even with the extra energy bank, the 2 energy banks the FDR has, simply can't handle extended usage of the ECM. Which is unfortunate given all the missles that where in the air. No wonder they are so easy to kill!

'Favored ship of Assassins' My rear. Oh well. After that little foray, I can say firmly, without a doubt, my favorite ship is the Cobra Mk. III.

So much ship, for so little price. :mrgreen:
Profile: Commander Kolt
Ship: Cobra III - Longinus V
Elite Rating:Poor
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

This is the problem with the FDL - as there's no way to reflect in a game that takes basic ship stats as the important bits to correctly replicate/value the palatial opulence that the internal cabin space of the FDL offers. That bit's got to be in your head and while you're imagining your real walnut veneer dash, gold in-lays you're being vaporised for your extravagance...
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
OneoftheLost
Deadly
Deadly

Post by OneoftheLost »

Yeah. A real shame. Oh well. Maybe someone could cook up a nice hud? Like that old steampunk one? :mrgreen:
Profile: Commander Kolt
Ship: Cobra III - Longinus V
Elite Rating:Poor
Rustybolts
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Favourite Ship(s)

Post by Rustybolts »

onno256 wrote:
Hey everybody,

Currently my main savegame has a Caduceus Omega (fairly complete).
Although it is an Ubership, it still doesn't mean I win each fight, I've still got to pick my battles. Possibly because of all the OXP's I've installed.

I've also started a new savegame to try out some other ships. One of them has got the STE, which is a nifty little number of itself, a nice step up from the cobby.

I'm also getting the hang of all the javascript (through tinkering).
Maybe soon it will be time to start coding myself....

Love this game and the community!

Onno out
It's nice to hear someone is using one of my ships, the STE was designed to be a step up from the Cobby. It was the first ship i made. The STE does have a little endearing quirk that the laser aiming is not aligned properly mostly at close distance, still for the price you can't complain. :D
STE.+ Firefly/Dragonfly + BlackJacksbullion v.1.23 link below.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=ca16 ... f6e8ebb871