Murgh - Obnoxicorp Inc.

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Svengali
Commander
Commander

Re: Murgh - Obnoxicorp Inc.

Post by Svengali »

After digging in OoSat [EliteWiki] WPB1.1.oxp is online.

By seeing the style of the texture in the original version I'd think that Murgh has created this OXP, so I've assigned it to him with the license he has usually placed. Feel free to correct it.
Nodnol
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post by Nodnol »

Looks great, but crashing Oolite v1.76 on approach to station on Windows 7 PC. I firstly thought it was down to docking computer, but when I tried a manual dock it crashed again soon after S zone came up.

Additional:

Station approaching: Onrira
Removed Tori2.01 and docked successfully. Realised Onrira was a one of the famous planets in that OPX and thought having both mega-station and new planet skin may be too much for graphics card (only 1GB memory on NVidea graphics card, but as the planet wasn't showing on screen I doubt it was that). So reinstalled Tori and removed famous planets, but it still crashed. Although it got much closer to the station on that occasion though.

Also tried setting compatibilty of Oolite to Vista Service Pack 2, but it still crashed.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Welcome onboard, Nodnol.

Please post Latest.log (<Path to Oolite>\oolite.app\Logs).
Nodnol
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Re: Widows 7 Tori crash

Post by Nodnol »

Hi Svengali,

As you guessed I am new to Oolite. Played the "native" version for a week then tried downloading a lot of OXPs to try them out. Boy there are some good ones out there - I am stunned by how you guys have improved the original game; yet still giving it the feel of Elite.

I looked at Logfile, but it does not contain much info as it cannot connect to a port on the localhost and only seems to set up all the OXPs and doesn't log anything else:

. . .
. . .
snoopers 2.2.1
targetAutolock 1.11
Thargorn_Witchspace_Battle 1.5
Welcome Information Script 1.1
18:31:54.010 [debugTCP.disconnect]: No connection to debug console: "Connection to debug console failed: 'No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

' (outStream status: 7, inStream status: 7)."
18:31:54.010 [debugTCP.disconnect]: No connection to debug console: "Connection to debug console failed: 'unknown error.' (outStream status: 0, inStream status: 0)."
18:31:54.010 [debugTCP.connect.failed]: Failed to connect to debug console at address 127.0.0.1:8563.
18:31:54.011 [Flightlog]: Kills Store set to player score
18:31:54.040 [Save Anywhere OXP 3.2]: initialising Save Anywhere OXP 3.2
18:31:54.807 [loading.complete]: ========== Loading complete. ==========
18:32:02.517 [script.load.world.listAll]: Loaded 50 world scripts:
ams_system 2.02
armoury_machineScript.js 1.00
AsteroidStorm 4.02
BGS-M 1.4
Bounty Scanner 2.0 2.00
Bounty Status Display 1.00
Cabal_Common_Briefing 1.5
. . .
. . .
Thargorn_Witchspace_Battle 1.5
Welcome Information Script 1.1
18:32:04.423 [Save Anywhere OXP 3.2]: initialising Save Anywhere OXP 3.2
19:20:24.700 [gameController.exitApp]: .GNUstepDefaults synchronized.

Closing log at 2012-02-08 19:20:24 +0000.

I suspect McAfee is blocking local connection so I may have to figure out how to change the firewall - then I'll probably hit a windows firewall as well. :( Not am I new to Oolite but also Windows 7 so apologies if it takes me a while to open up the port.

It could be my laptop, but processor and memory will not be a problem, perhaps memory card should have been 2GB not 1GB, but I doubt you can pass too much to a card, it would just get queued somewhere one would hope.

I post a full log when I can get the Debug Console connected to the port on localhost.

Thanks, Nodnol.
SandJ
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Widows 7 Tori crash

Post by SandJ »

Nodnol wrote:
I looked at Logfile, but it does not contain much info as it cannot connect to a port on the localhost and only seems to set up all the OXPs and doesn't log anything else:

18:31:54.010 [debugTCP.disconnect]: No connection to debug console: "Connection to debug console failed: 'No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

I post a full log when I can get the Debug Console connected to the port on localhost.
In the absence of a reply from anyone else, I think that is working correctly. I get that 'debug console failed' message on all my Windows and Linux implementations of Oolite, even those with no firewall, so I think it is normal behaviour. I think you have to do something special to get the debug console to work - it is not meant for the likes of us mortals.

So, I suggest you try playing again and, when it crashes, immediately post the entire "Latest.log" file. Don't edit it, and don't remove the .OXP entries because they often give a clue to a problem's cause.

And wrap it in [quote] [/quote] tags, too, so the formatting is kept intact.
Flying a Cobra Mk I Cobbie 3 with nothing but Explorers Club.OXP and a beam laser 4 proper lasers for company :D
Dropbox referral link 2GB of free space online + 500 Mb for the referral: good for securing work-in-progress.
Mauiby de Fug
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Mauiby de Fug »

Indeed. It will only connect if the debug console has been downloaded, and then is running before you start Oolite.
Nodnol
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post by Nodnol »

Downloaded python debug console for windows - then downloaded python v3. Console didn't seem to work. But I have to say, a recurrent problem seems to have deserted me. Although I am using full debugging which can only hit the processor more it is no longer crashing. Either in real play or debug play. I can only say I am confused. But after two nights of testing I no longer believe it to be a Tori fault :)

I can't prove it so ignore it until I can. . .

Nodnol
Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Gimi »

The debug console is made with python version 2.7. Version 3.0 is not backwards compatible.
You can also download a self-contained, older but still working, version of the console from berlios.de.
"A brilliant game of blasting and trading... Truly a mega-game... The game of a lifetime."
(Gold Medal Award, Zzap!64 May 1985).
DeathKnyte
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by DeathKnyte »

Hi,

I got a real surprise last night: I saw 'Torus Station - Virgin'.

Man, I was like, awestruck!

It is huge.

When you get close, it takes all your scanner screen at higher zoom levels.

The station nav buoy loses 2 km, I see from the normal Coriolis stations (9 km normally, distance - while at Torus Station - Virgin is just a tad over 7 km).

Other thing, I couldn't hyperspace out, until I'm 20 km from the station.

I wanted to see if I could fly through the quadrants in the in the dual hoops, but decided against trying it.

Very visually impressive, all in all.

Nice work.
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

DeathKnyte wrote:
I wanted to see if I could fly through the quadrants in the in the dual hoops
Fly through a Torus station? But of course... that's the only acceptable way to dock at one!
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

I've bundled now Tori, Globestation and WPB.

Changes:
- Fix offcenter dock (Tori)
- Exported model with normals (Tori, WPB)
- Slight tweak on normal map (Tori)
- Changed materials (Globe)
Cody

Post by Cody »

Svengali wrote:
I've bundled now Tori, Globestation and WPB.
Is that bundle easily separated, as I only use the Torus? If not, I'll stick with the Torus OXP I use now.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Cody wrote:
Is that bundle easily separated, as I only use the Torus? If not, I'll stick with the Torus OXP I use now.
Nope (ok, it depends on what you see as 'easily' .-). You'd have to touch both .plist files to separate them.
Cody

Post by Cody »

Svengali wrote:
Cody wrote:
Nope (ok, it depends on what you see as 'easily' .-). You'd have to touch both .plist files to separate them.
<chortles> 'Touch' both .plists? Gracias, amigo! <decides to take a look>
Cody

Post by Cody »

Cody wrote:
<decides to take a look>
<awards himself a cookie>