ooCheat OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Captain Baz
Average
Average

Post by Captain Baz »

I am tempted to install it just so I can afford a docking computer because I get bored while docking. Yes, I've really only just started the game.

On the other hand I would lose out on that feeling of achievement when I get it myself.

>install oocheat
Unable to comply. No matter what I install Captain Baz will still be crap.
>_
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

Captain Baz wrote:
On the other hand I would lose out on that feeling of achievement when I get it myself.
This! :D
JeffBTX
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JeffBTX »

I've decided to keep it installed for now, IN CASE I need it. I too am starting over completely soon, whenever I decide * precisely * what OXPs I want to settle on (I am fretting over Planet OXPs, whether or not I REALLY want Your Ad Here, whether I should install Rock Hermit Locator / Asteroid Storm / Ore Processor, etc. I am terribly indecisive in this regard. Can't explain why).

I won't use it to cheat up money or kills, though. I would have it ONLY to repair non-standard equipment.

I am * considering * installing the Repair Bots OXP (I have it downloaded and extracted). I'm just not that sure if I want to take up a pylon slot with it. And its expensive for a * new * player, though after a while the credits might not seem like a lot. In the long run, though, its probably a good deal.
Sword, thy name is Cobra. And Cobra has fangs!
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

JeffBTX wrote:
... I'm just not that sure if I want to take up a pylon slot with it.
This may change in Oolite 1.75. :) (If Thargoid wishes so.)
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Worth mentioning that although the repair-bots take up a pylon mount, the self-repair system doesn't.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
JeffBTX
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JeffBTX »

(Smivs); Ok... just a short note... I've downloaded RepairBots but I have not installed it yet. I DO seem to remember "self repair system" mentioned somehere. I am currently in the process of systematically checking out and adding/rejecting OXPs on a test basis... I will get to Repair Bots soon. If there is a "Self-Repair Device" of some kind, that would be even better.

(edit) I just peeked at RepairBots equipment.plist, re: Repair System or "self repair". Looks good, can't wait to try it out.

BTW, question (for anyone); apparantly it is incompatible with "EQ_DCN". What is EQ_DCN?

EDIT; nevermind foundit; "Damage Control Node", I assume that is default equipment on a Caudaceus (which I am not installing anyway).
Sword, thy name is Cobra. And Cobra has fangs!
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Re: [RELEASE] ooCheat OXP v1.00 (plus 1.75 beta)

Post by Thargoid »

Time for another 1.75 beta. Downloadable from here.

Needs trunk 4235 or later to run, and adds a new limited invulnerability option to the list.
Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [UPDATE] ooCheat OXP v1.10 (for 1.75)

Post by Gimi »

Thargoid:

Would you consider expanding Oocheat towards being more of an in-game testing companion. I use it for playing around with features and testing out OXP's I may want. I know you can do a lot of what I want with the console, but ooCheat is easier for the average player to use. The features I would like to see are (some just expansions on what is already there):

Increase/decrease by 1 kill (For players of all ranks)
Increase/decrease by 10 kills (For players of all ranks)
Increase/decrease by 100 kills (For players of all ranks)
Increase/decrease Oolite rank
Increase/decrease Credit
Change position to system-galaxy (Not sure if this is possible)
Increase/decrease legal status (Switch between the three)
Comment save-file that it has been amended with ooCheat :-D

And probably more that I can't think of.
"A brilliant game of blasting and trading... Truly a mega-game... The game of a lifetime."
(Gold Medal Award, Zzap!64 May 1985).
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

The problem is the size of the menu, but yes something could be done using twin menus (one for increase and the other for decrease) that you can switch between. It would be better done as a parallel OXP rather than in ooCheat though.

Two of your ideas though (position in galaxy and writing to save game file) are not possible, at least in any practical fashion.
Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Gimi »

Thargoid wrote:
The problem is the size of the menu, but yes something could be done using twin menus (one for increase and the other for decrease) that you can switch between. It would be better done as a parallel OXP rather than in ooCheat though.

Two of your ideas though (position in galaxy and writing to save game file) are not possible, at least in any practical fashion.
Does this mean position within your current galaxy is possible. (I suspect not, without getting into coordinates etc.)
I do like the name ooCheat, so please keep that in there somewhere if you decide to make something like this. Sort of leaves nothing to the imagination, you are cheating even though your intentions are good.
"A brilliant game of blasting and trading... Truly a mega-game... The game of a lifetime."
Okti
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Okti »

Gimi wrote:
Change position to system-galaxy (Not sure if this is possible)
You must hack a saved file to the that. :D
My OXP's
And Latest Mission Coyote's Run
Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Gimi »

There seems to be a conflict between ooCheat and OXPConfig.
When both are installed I get the normal message that OXPConfig has been activated, but when I press F7, I get the ooCheat menu. The obvious thing here is that they both use F7. No idea how to resolve.

Versions:
ooCheat version: 1.10
OXPConfig version: 2.0.2

Anyone else seeing this?
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

I don't have OXPConfig installed, so didn't see that.

It will just need a small change in the ooCheat script to make it use a different screen. I'm not on my scripting rig at the moment, so give me a day or three and I'll send you instructions on what to change.
Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Gimi »

Thargoid wrote:
I don't have OXPConfig installed, so didn't see that.
It will just need a small change in the ooCheat script to make it use a different screen. I'm not on my scripting rig at the moment, so give me a day or three and I'll send you instructions on what to change.
No hurry, I only use ooCheat to test stuff. Pure coincidence that I actually found this. Was playing around with snoopers on my test install, and it can be configured with OXPConfig.oxp
barge411
Average
Average

Re: ooCheat OXP

Post by barge411 »

Did you change the F7 screen for this oxp.
If not what has to be changed.

On looking at Oolite Reference Sheet - Keyboard Guide, the following F keys are not used.
F9 - F10 - F11

These maybe used in somebodies oxp - otherwise one of these could be used ??????