[RELEASE] New OXP List

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

Re: [RELEASE] New OXP List

Post by UK_Eliter »

maik wrote:
Uk_Eliter deleted the section a few days ago
Ah yes - I did. I wasn't in the best of moods, and I took unilateral action - without thinking, for one thing, about restoring the OXPs thereby removed to the main list. I've learned a lesson, I think. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Just a thought, but has anybody considered how the table might need adapting for oolite v1.80 and OXZs?
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
maik
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia (mainly industrial, feudal, TL12)

Post by maik »

I started wondering if it would make sense to have an automatically generated list of OXZs that are hosted on the wiki together with their download counter. I haven't spent much thought on it yet and can see some problems already:
  • OXZs not hosted on the wiki would obviously be excluded
  • OXZs which have a new file resource for every version instead of a new version of the same resource will have multiple entries
There are probably more problems, but assuming they can be solved, does someone see potential in such list that would make it worthwhile to put in effort?

A related idea is to look into the OXZ and evaluate the manifest, e.g. at upload time, so that this information can be used in a way similar to displaying the download counter on OXP wiki pages today.

Thoughts and opinions welcome.