Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Flight Log OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Re: [New Features] Flight Log OXP v1.02

Post by JensAyton »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
You're asking this question a lot, and nobody has answered, so let me try - a lot of OXP writers don't want issues with the Trunk to reported to them as errors in their OXP, so when the Devs say version X.YY.Z is the latest stable test version then the oxp writers set the max_version to be X.YY.ZZ
…thereby sabotaging the testing process and increasing the number of bugs in the next version of Oolite, including bugs they themselves will need to work around.

max_version exists because using the wrong version of Debug.oxp with a Mac version of Oolite can cause a crash. After MNSR, I intend to merge the Mac-specific parts of Debug.oxp into Oolite proper, then remove max_version.
DaddyHoggy wrote:
(for example - current stable test is 1.73.4, so max_version is often set to 1.73.99, thus allowing for incremental tweaks - but as the trunk is currently has the working title 1.74.xx
Er… have you fallen into a TARDIS? :-)
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

I knew I'd erred a moment after hitting submit and foolishly hoped that a) nobody would notice b) it would be allowed to slide as I was trying to indicate why...

However, given your need to test the trunk I can see why max_version is a bit of a headache for the devs...
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Zireael
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zireael »

Flight Log is excellent - allows me to keep an eye on my money and kills in an easier way. Works with the latest nightly after editing the requires.plist - no bugs.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Re: Flight Log OXP

Post by Thargoid »

This OXP is now up to v1.04, ready for Oolite 1.77.

Under 1.76.1 it will work exactly the same as v1.03, but on trunk from version 5328 onward it will also appear under the new F4 ship and system interfaces menu when docked.
Ironfist
Commander
Commander

Post by Ironfist »

Downloaded and installed version 1.04.
It works fine whilst docked - appearing nicely under the F4 screens.
However, when you launch I am now getting a series of error messages

Code: Select all

12:01:08.421 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (FlightLog 1.10): TypeError: player.ship.dockedStation is null
12:01:39.500 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (FlightLog 1.10): TypeError: player.ship.dockedStation is null
12:01:42.750 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (FlightLog 1.10): TypeError: player.ship.dockedStation is null
12:01:49.000 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (FlightLog 1.10): TypeError: player.ship.dockedStation is null
12:01:50.687 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (FlightLog 1.10): TypeError: player.ship.dockedStation is null
12:01:53.015 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (FlightLog 1.10): TypeError: player.ship.dockedStation is null
12:01:56.000 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (FlightLog 1.10): TypeError: player.ship.dockedStation is null
Having checked the script.js file it would seem that the check for version 1.77 is continually called and of course will fail since the ship is in flight. Think this needs a check to see if the ship is docked or not before the rest of the function is called.

Ironfist
64bit Mint 10 and Win 8 64bit on E8400 at 3.6GHz - ATI HD5750 graphics.
Concentration is the ability to think of absolutely nothing when it is absolutely necessary.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Oops, thought I'd put that check in, but on examination I see I haven't.

Anyway v1.05 now uploaded with the fix - thanks.
Ironfist
Commander
Commander

Post by Ironfist »

Happy to report that version 1.05 does not produce the errors.

Irtonfist
64bit Mint 10 and Win 8 64bit on E8400 at 3.6GHz - ATI HD5750 graphics.
Concentration is the ability to think of absolutely nothing when it is absolutely necessary.
Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Switeck »

Since I spend a lot of my time in interstellar space, particularly multiple misjumps in a row...I hacked Flight Log OXP so the list wasn't cluttered with multiple interstellar space entries in a row.

In the
this.startUp = function()
section, almost at its very end, I added:

this.oldloc = system.ID;
And at the start of the
this.shipWillEnterWitchspace = function(cause)
section, I added:

log(this.name,"Current Location: "+system.ID+" previous Location: "+this.oldloc);
if(this.oldloc < 0 && system.isInterstellarSpace) return;
this.oldloc = system.ID;
Seems to work pretty well.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Now that 1.77 is fully out, I've up'd this to v1.06 to remove the F5-F6 route to the log when docked (it's still F5-F5-F6 when in flight). Access when docked is now fully via the interface (F4) screen.

Minimum Oolite version is now 1.77, with download via the links below as normal.
AnnuverScotinExile
Above Average
Above Average

Post by AnnuverScotinExile »

Can you put a total (and an average per system) on the page? Individual credit changes by system are fairly useless, since they vary depending on what you bought and sold. So it could report a loss at a system when there was a virtual profit. But a 10 system total and average would shoe the trend.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

I'm a touch busy at the moment, but I'll have a look at it and see.
Walbrigg
Competent
Competent

Post by Walbrigg »

AnnuverScotinExile wrote:
Can you put a total (and an average per system) on the page? Individual credit changes by system are fairly useless, since they vary depending on what you bought and sold. So it could report a loss at a system when there was a virtual profit. But a 10 system total and average would shoe the trend.
Sounds like you're looking for my Ship's Accountant oxp - it tracks profit and loss based on mark-to-market accounting, not just cash balance.

It's just about usable now - I'll probably make the first "WIP" release this weekend.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

This OXP has been upgraded to version 1.07.

It now logs the last 100 systems visited, with the most recent 10 available in-game. The full log can be dumped out to latest.log as before. Functionality and operations are exactly the same, just the memory has been expanded.

Download via the links below as normal.
Diogenese Senna
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Diogenese Senna »

Gratatudes
Location - Galaxy 5 : Python Explorer : Elite
'Death by Wife is fast becoming a real world OXP mission'
Diogenese Senna
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Diogenese Senna »

Suggestion for 1.08

Add date. (2087452:05 - REA, (6 kills, 47.7 cr).

p.s. - sorry about that Carrier I took out earlier today. I hope none of your brood-batch were aboard.
Location - Galaxy 5 : Python Explorer : Elite
'Death by Wife is fast becoming a real world OXP mission'