Flight Log OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

The array trimming seems to be failing on your system for some reason. Which is odd as it works fine on mine (WinXP).

I think the reason may be there is a rogue ":" at the beginning of the array which whilst not giving my system a problem could be doing so on yours. I've just amended the code to remove this (and to force-trim the array down to size). I'm just testing it, if it works as I think it should then I'll upload it in a little while.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

OK just uploaded v1.01, which force-trims the log array better, which should do away with the problem you are seeing. I didn't see it on WinXP, are you on a Mac or a Linux box? I wonder if this could be another example of OS's handling things differently?

The text in your problem page is actually flowing over the menu options and hiding them (the list is added to the mission screen after it is created, so after the menu is displayed). The trimming to 10 systems will sort that out too.

Try the update and let me know if it sorts things for you.
Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Switeck »

I am using Windows XP Pro (32 bit version) with Service Pack 3.

Sadly, Flight Log 1.01.oxp didn't work or look any different.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Sorry, I should have said to reset the log (select the middle entry of the menu). The list should then begin to grow again as you jump but the new code will kick-in once you make your 11th jump.

The script is set to keep the maximum log size the same as when it starts up (so the 10 can be adjusted if desired), so in your case your maximum log size is still 30. By resetting it you're changing the array back down to an empty one with 10 cells, so the maximum length will go back to 10 (or at least it should).

Quite why your list managed to overflow in the first place I'm not sure.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Re: [New Features] Flight Log OXP v1.02

Post by Thargoid »

After an interesting request in this thread, I have updated Flight Log to v1.02.

New to this version are features which record not only the last 10 systems you have visited, plus also the number of kills and the overall change in your credit balance (profit/loss, including all cargo sales/purchases, equipment sales/purchases and any other monetary dealings like fines or kill credits) whilst you were in the given system.

Download from the link in the first post of this thread or from the sig links below, and then restart with shift held down as normal (if updating). With thanks to UK_Eliter for the initial idea, and Switeck and others for expanding on it.
Poro
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Poro »

Downloading now... I look forward to testing this.
OneoftheLost
Deadly
Deadly

Post by OneoftheLost »

Will have to give this a try, the new features really sold it for me.
Profile: Commander Kolt
Ship: Cobra III - Longinus V
Elite Rating:Poor
Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Gimi »

Thargoid wrote:
New to this version are features which record not only the last 10 systems you have visited, plus also the number of kills and the overall change in your credit balance (profit/loss, including all cargo sales/purchases, equipment sales/purchases and any other monetary dealings like fines or kill credits) whilst you were in the given system.
Now, if only this could be written and then consecutively appended to a separate file. Oh well, I guess we have to wait until after MNSR or even longer.
"A brilliant game of blasting and trading... Truly a mega-game... The game of a lifetime."
(Gold Medal Award, Zzap!64 May 1985).
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

You'll just have to make do with periodically dumping it into latest.log and manually pruning ;)
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Gimi wrote:
Now, if only this could be written and then consecutively appended to a separate file. Oh well, I guess we have to wait until after MNSR or even longer.
More or less forever. Letting scripts write to files of their choice is a horrible can of worms I’m not going anywhere near.
Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Gimi »

Ahruman wrote:
Gimi wrote:
More or less forever. Letting scripts write to files of their choice is a horrible can of worms I’m not going anywhere near.
Can't have everything. I'm actually very happy with the OXP as it stands. I tend to save to a new file quite frequently, so with flight log installed I will have all the information I need. When I played Elite + many years ago I even used to have a small batch file that would rename and copy my save-game to a different folder when I left the game. Might have to make something similar for Oolite.
"A brilliant game of blasting and trading... Truly a mega-game... The game of a lifetime."
(Gold Medal Award, Zzap!64 May 1985).
Zireael
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zireael »

Why is Flight Log 1.02 incompatible with the latest nightly?
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Zireael wrote:
Why is Flight Log 1.02 incompatible with the latest nightly?
You're asking this question a lot, and nobody has answered, so let me try - a lot of OXP writers don't want issues with the Trunk to reported to them as errors in their OXP, so when the Devs say version X.YY.Z is the latest stable test version then the oxp writers set the max_version to be X.YY.ZZ (for example - current stable test is 1.73.4, so max_version is often set to 1.73.99, thus allowing for incremental tweaks - but as the trunk is currently has the working title 1.74.xx then it's classed as non-compatible, thus the oxp-writer is making you aware that their oxp has not been tested against the every changing trunk version (until trunk becomes the next stable test) on the road to (M)NSR.

HTH
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

I've answered in the Welcome Mat thread, but D_H's explanation is correct...
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Thargoid wrote:
I've answered in the Welcome Mat thread, but D_H's explanation is correct...
Oops - so you did - just got to that thread... :oops: :roll:
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here