HyperCargo OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Re: [Bugfix] HyperCargo OXP - v1.02 (needs Oolite 1.74)

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Hi Thargoid,

I've been happily using my unhacked Hypercargo (1.04) for some time and finally found myself a grpu yriry avar Nanepul and got it hacked. (rot13 spoiler).

I had a malfunction on the first jump after purchasing the hack (coincidence), repair bots fixed it, and when I next docked I hid 35 tons of Narcotics in it and launched from the main station......to several annoyed Vipers - quick check - yep I'm Fugitive....

A quick peek at the code and it looks like the failure chance is reset to 0.01 after any malfunction (by the this.resetCargo() function called from the this.equipmentDamaged handler) . So you lose the hack the first time it malfunctions......is that intentional?

Seems a bit harsh having hunted around for the right system and spent 6000 credits on the hack.
Last edited by Capt. Murphy on Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
[EliteWiki] Capt. Murphy's OXPs
External JavaScript resources - W3Schools & Mozilla Developer Network
Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 with HD3000 (driver rev. 8.15.10.2696 - March 2012), Oolite 1.76.1
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Yup it's intentional - the repair resets the hack and reinitialises everything.

You were just unlucky in your random numbers, but them's the breaks.
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Dammit - that's it then - time to start saving for a Vortex.......
Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 with HD3000 (driver rev. 8.15.10.2696 - March 2012), Oolite 1.76.1
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

BTW, Captain Murphy - the whitespace thing only works (guaranteed) if you use the quote tags on your own text, because there's a good chance the background of the text won't be white, once it appears on the forum.
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

And there was me thinking I was being clever..... :roll: . Thanks Daddyhoggy.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Capt. Murphy wrote:
And there was me thinking I was being clever..... :roll: . Thanks Daddyhoggy.
You could also use lightgreyspace or blueishgreyspace, depending on whether you're making an even or odd post. :wink: (I think the colour codes for the forum background colours are available somewhere, although I have no clue where.)
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Re: HyperCargo OXP

Post by Thargoid »

Version 1.05 now uploaded - for compatibility with cim's New Cargoes OXP.

Note that it is not compatible with New Cargoes v1.0.0 - it needs the current version of the OXP.

Please download HyperCargo v1.05 via the links below if you are using New Cargoes with HyperCargo.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Oops, due to a small glitch in the script I've uploaded v1.06 of the OXP. Nothing too huge, it just doesn't initialise the NC bits properly (aka at all) if the HyperCargo is empty on start-up. Fixed in the new version.

With thanks to Capt. Murphy for the bug report. Download links below as usual.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

And v1.07 is now up, giving improved interaction with New Cargoes (adds correct handling of illegal goods permits for such goods stored in the system).

This is a slight tweak on the version I uploaded earlier (removing a couple of excess messages on launch when NC is installed). It's just a cosmetic change, either version of 1.07 is fully operational.

Download links below as normal.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

And to keep things rolling, v1.08 is now available.

It's a script adjustment ready for Oolite 1.77, due to the incoming capabilities for equipment to take up cargo space. The new coding allows for this and makes sure there is always a route to empty your HC out in case it ends up fuller than your hold can now accomodate.

Download from the links below, as normal.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

And again to 1.09, to squash a small bug in the New Cargoes support.

With thanks (again) to Capt. Murphy for the discovery - a man who is almost as adept at finding bugs in this OXP as I seem to be at writing them ;)

Download from the links below as normal.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Hypercargo is now updated to v1.10.

This update is targetted at Oolite 1.77, and allows the system to be accessed via the new Interfaces screen when docked (under 1.76.x this screen is not available). This is the new preferred route to the system and allows it to be accessed when Commodities Markets OXP is installed and active at the current station when docked.

This new version will still run fine under 1.76.1, but won't add any new functionality or change anything there. But if you want to update ready for the new trunk code, please use the links below as normal.
barge411
Average
Average

Post by barge411 »

Would it be possible for the cargoes held in the hypercargo to be listed on the F5 page?
Only those held in the hold are listed.
Whilst the 110 tons in the Hypercargo is not listed.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Nope, not easily possible. And if it did, it would take up the whole screen and clash with everything else that really should be on there.
mossfoot
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mossfoot »

Idea for future upgrade: somehow scaling cost of the system based on ship's cargo capacity? Cheaper for an Adder, more expensive for a Boa sort of thing.

Not that I minded paying 12,000 for 5 extra tons of cargo ;) Actually I was thinking on a big ship they'd be making that money back pretty quick with the extra cargo room, so why not scale it? A bigger bubble requires a more complex and powerful system?
--
Pilot: Mossfoot - Ship ID: Viaticus Rex (Cobra MKII)

http://www.noahchinnbooks.com/