Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Oolite slang

Writings and chronicles of the OOniverse.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Pangloss
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Pangloss »

I did invent a type of music called Crush-Polka in the Ring Racing thread.
RCDeZeeuw will race under the number 47, and their orange ships will be one of the more visible on the ring circuit.

Ramond is married to Adoré Šeman, the former model and lead singer of the popular crush-polka band Lave Slave. Lave Slave are one of the most successful performing artists on the books with Knot Entertainment LLC ("If it's not on Knot, it's not on!"), who are proud to be a co-sponsor and active member of the RCDeZeeuw team.
Crush-Polka is a mixture of old folk music instrumentation (popular on many of the Agri worlds) and the driving rhythms of Crush, which is itself a marriage of tunes and lyric samples approved for teen consumption in Coomunist systems and whatever gets people hoopy in the clubs on Tech systems.

If you could imaging a gabba trance remix using samples from "Big Rock Candy Mountain" (recorded around the time of the Great Depression), mixed in with the choral arrangement from Star Wars' "Duel Of The Fates", all with a female vocalist screaming like the singer from Skunk Anansie ...that's Lave Slave.

And I see my images are all broken ...I moved all my PhotoBucket images to an Oolite folder, so I will edit the posts to include the /Oolite/ part of the URL in the coming days.
"All is for the best in this best of all possible worlds..."
Dr.Pangloss, Voltaire's 'Candide'.