Twitter noob

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Twitter noob

Post by Griff »

As a massively antisocial chap i've tended to ignore all this social internet stuff, but i though i might join Twitter, i've signed up and dug around the help files, i think i've got the concept of followers but i'm a bit confused about posting my own tweets - if i type something into the 'What's happening?' box, it'll only appear on my twitter home page won't it? I started following 'Oolite' and now it appears 'Oolite' is following me back (!?), if i start posting fascinating info such as 'oo, i had a lovely slice of battenburg earlier with my tea' that'll just appear on my homepage won't it for unfortunate people to happen accross, it won't get beamed over to the twitter Oolite page or the pages of others i'm following and everyone will discover what a boring git i am?
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Twitter is subscription-based. because @Oolite follows you, anything you say will appear in @Oolite’s feed – that is, on twitter.com when @Oolite is logged in, or in a Twitter client – although I have it on good authority that @Oolite doesn’t read his feed much, except when someone mentions him.

If anyone expects to be interested by what you have to say, the can follow you, and if they get bored they can unsubscribe.
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

Wait, it appears that there's no mention of 'oo, i had a lovely slice of battenburg earlier with my tea' anywhere on your tweet.

Methinks the confectionery is an untruth! :D
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

yep, i'm afraid i also lied about the cake, shame i couldn't get the final 'e' in my username, 'griff' had already gone and this was the thing closest to the PC for inspiration (yes, i make sandwiches at the keyboard) 'smallchunkpickl' sounds all n-dubz or something.
So what you're all saying is, i can type away and it's only Oolite that's going to see the messages next time it logs in to let us know it's gone up a point release since it's my only follower untill it gets bored and unsubscribes?
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Am following Griff now. If anyone wants to follow me, I'm here.
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Griff, I'm following you as both DoctorAvatar and Jonnie_Rocket (longish story)
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here